Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 407279 times)

addie

Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #425 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »
I just noticed Laos could also be a possibilty for leg 4. Prophet noticed that Bangkok is the biggest possibilty after Singapore and Luang Prabang (Laos) main flight hub is Bangkok. Just for the record.

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #426 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
Nepal has just enough problems with communist insurgents in recent years to make TAR's rather conservative insurance company nervous.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #427 on: June 06, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
Several comments:
1. Turkey does seem like a live possibility, although some twitpics would be nice. The bazaar photos with the red and yellow banner would be the sort of location TAR would use because of those colors. TPTB have done that enough times over the years.
2. I'm doubtful the teams would go to another country after Indonesia and before Bangladesh just for one leg. It's a economy-of-timing issue, since both Phil and the remaining teams would have to get in and get back out with enough time for Phil to leap frog back ahead of the teams. And the time used getting in and out argues against it. I'm not saying it is impossible but I think it's highly unlikely. The amount of time teams have spent at connecting airports is a lot so far for this cycle, and it's going to be an issue when they're headed to places with more difficult international connecting flights.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: June 06, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »
I haven't had any luck so far, but here's some search terms that might prove useful (make sure to copy and paste them, because some of the characters are not the same as our alphabet!):

çekim - filming
kameralar - cameras
Ayasofya - Hagia Sophia
Kapalıçarşı or Kapalı çarşı - Grand Bazaar

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #429 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »
I haven't had any luck so far, but here's some search terms that might prove useful (make sure to copy and paste them, because some of the characters are not the same as our alphabet!):

çekim - filming
kameralar - cameras
Ayasofya - Hagia Sophia
Kapalıçarşı or Kapalı çarşı - Grand Bazaar

Me too :(

I've tried two major photo album and hosting sites but nothing relevant to our race, "usually" we're always got one or two Live sighting pictures from the photo album sites.. Maybe they'll upload it soon? I don't know, hehe.. ;D

We'll see in a couple days later if there's someone uploaded/posted something in their site/blogs.. *fingers-crossed*

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline halfass09

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #430 on: June 06, 2012, 08:52:31 PM »
Hey guys! I've been following RFF for YEARS and I've finally decided to post.  :conf:

Anyways, based on all the info we have so far as well some speculation, here is what I think the route will look like for TAR 21. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread Peach!

Leg 1: Shanghai, China
Leg 2: Surabaya, Indonesia
Leg 3: Pasuruan, Indonesia
Leg 4: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Leg 5: Bangladesh
Leg 6: Istanbul, Turkey
Leg 7: Istanbul, Turkey
Leg 8: Moscow, Russia
Leg 9: Riga, Latvia
Leg 10: Madrid, Spain
Leg 11: Madrid, Spain
Leg 12: East Coast, USA

Leg 4/5 are interchangeable in Bangladesh. I predict they will be in Dhaka for one leg and the outskirts/countryside for the other leg.
Leg 7 could be a double leg Istanbul or they might travel to another destination in Turkey. Izmir, Antalya, Cappadocia, etc.
Chateau had evidence that they will be in the Moscow Area soon so they'll have one leg there, then Latvia because it's relatively close to Moscow and it's a country that hasn't been visited.
Leg 10 & 11 in Madrid because it is WAYY OVERDUE.
And hopefully an East Coast City. Boston, Philadelphia or maybe Washington D.C.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2012, 09:02:36 PM »
Hey guys! I've been following RFF for YEARS and I've finally decided to post.  :conf:
:bigwelcome

I hope you are right about Boston.  If anyone hears anything worth pursuing in this area, I'm dropping everything to check it out! 

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2012, 09:22:56 PM »

Anyways, based on all the info we have so far as well some speculation, here is what I think the route will look like for TAR 21. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread Peach!

Leg 1: Shanghai, China
Leg 2: Surabaya, Indonesia
Leg 3: Pasuruan, Indonesia
Leg 4: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Leg 5: Bangladesh
Leg 6: Istanbul, Turkey
Leg 7: Istanbul, Turkey
Leg 8: Moscow, Russia
Leg 9: Riga, Latvia
Leg 10: Madrid, Spain
Leg 11: Madrid, Spain
Leg 12: East Coast, USA

Leg 4/5 are interchangeable in Bangladesh. I predict they will be in Dhaka for one leg and the outskirts/countryside for the other leg.
Leg 7 could be a double leg Istanbul or they might travel to another destination in Turkey. Izmir, Antalya, Cappadocia, etc.
Chateau had evidence that they will be in the Moscow Area soon so they'll have one leg there, then Latvia because it's relatively close to Moscow and it's a country that hasn't been visited.
Leg 10 & 11 in Madrid because it is WAYY OVERDUE.
Why two legs in Spain???

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2012, 09:35:31 PM »
Probably not the right place for the discussion.

And I'm not the one with the Moscow info.   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »

Years?? Bout time you posted then!! :lol:

:bigwelcome

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline halfass09

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
Sorry Chateau, it was Plaidmoon.  :groan:

Why two legs in Spain???

And two legs in Spain is a spec. But it's way overdue. They haven't even had a full leg in Spain!
They had a leg in Barcelona in TAR 10 with only a detour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2012, 11:23:40 PM »
Love the picture Dom!!

And maybe TAR got lost with this:

Madonna visits Hagia Sophia & the Blue Mosque in Istanbul [5 & 6 June 2012] « Madonnarama
www.madonnarama.com
Madonna’s MDNA Tour made a stop in Istanbul and will perform at the Turk Telekom Arena, tomorrow. She arrived yesterday at the Ataturk airport...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #437 on: June 07, 2012, 12:06:19 AM »
Love the picture Dom!!

And maybe TAR got lost with this:

Madonna visits Hagia Sophia & the Blue Mosque in Istanbul [5 & 6 June 2012] « Madonnarama
www.madonnarama.com
Madonna’s MDNA Tour made a stop in Istanbul and will perform at the Turk Telekom Arena, tomorrow. She arrived yesterday at the Ataturk airport...

After Tel Aviv a while ago, she's heading for Turkey, and her next stop is Barcelona, Spain...
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2012, 12:07:50 AM »
Sorry Chateau, it was Plaidmoon.  :groan:

Why two legs in Spain???

And two legs in Spain is a spec. But it's way overdue. They haven't even had a full leg in Spain!
They had a leg in Barcelona in TAR 10 with only a detour.

I'll keep my Gibraltar but trade you Monico for one of your Spains!

:jam:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline EagleSpirit0

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2012, 05:01:47 AM »
I just noticed Laos could also be a possibilty for leg 4. Prophet noticed that Bangkok is the biggest possibilty after Singapore and Luang Prabang (Laos) main flight hub is Bangkok. Just for the record.

@Addie, I don't want to count my chickens before the eggs hatch or rain on your parade, but I can guarantee [almost 95%] that no teams came through Vientiane or Luang Prabang within the last week.  Laos has a pretty small expat community (and an even smaller community to support filming events), and there's been no word of anything happening.  I sat in Wattay Airport for the two days when it was possible for the teams to arrive via Singapore (via Bangkok), and there were no teams there.  Laos is most likely not the lost leg.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
So happy that Istanbul gets another visit, i was a Lithe bit down about Bangladash getting another visits, but now i`am happy.  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

I cross my fingers for they go to Hagia Sophia & the Blue Mosque and of course The Grand Bazar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is also places they did not go to in The Amazing Race 7.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #441 on: June 07, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
The Twetpic(?) of the one team on a Turkish bus or train is comforting that the little pieces have fallen into place just a bit. I do love the fact that you can see that the particular team seems to be carefully reading through the clue and detail sheet9s) while they're in transit and cameras rolling.
-- theschnauzers

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #442 on: June 07, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »
Bravo Dom! The locations look promising and interesting. Looks like they did great Indonesian legs this time. And the teams are likeable compare to TAR 20.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2012, 02:54:06 PM »

Both the Chippendales and the Sri Lankan twins came across as very likable in the LAX food court!   :hearts:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

Both the Chippendales and the Sri Lankan twins came across as very likable in the LAX food court!   :hearts:

I'm glad to hear that. After what happened last season with Art/JJ, I was hoping they wouldn't turn out to be another egotistical M/M team.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #445 on: June 07, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »

Yeah, i hope they make it far or even win the Race. We haven't had a M/M team win in a while.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #446 on: June 07, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »

I'm glad to hear that. After what happened last season with Art/JJ, I was hoping they wouldn't turn out to be another egotistical M/M team.

I'm sure these gentlemen are MUCH friendlier with strangers, given their line of work.  Not that I would know anything about that.  Just saying....  :<3

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #447 on: June 07, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
We'll see how Magic Mike affects the perception of their line of work when it opens in a couple of weeks.
-- theschnauzers

Offline reta

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #448 on: June 07, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »

I'm sure these gentlemen are MUCH friendlier with strangers, given their line of work.  Not that I would know anything about that.  Just saying....  :<3

I agree, they are very nice.

BTW, I'm so happy we are be able to track them again.  :yess: :hearts:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #449 on: June 07, 2012, 11:33:02 PM »
since they're already in Turkey, are they're going to places like the capital, Ankara or Galipoli or to the ruined city of Troy and do a task there about the Trojan War? :duno: