Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 407232 times)

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »
The Amazing Race Australia, Wednesday, June 6

starts airing tomorrow, so be ready fot lots social media chatter about that.
I'm fairly certain Phil and company are long gone from that area.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #376 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »
Since the HKG sighting was in fact Phil it seems to cancel out the chance of a Colombo leg. These are the best options for leg 4 based on flights:

Bangkok (makes sense but I hope they didn't)

Brisbane
Melbourne
Perth
Sydney

any of these Aussie options would have led to more sightings

Dubai
Hanoi

these two make sense based on no sightings

Tokyo
Seoul

I kind of doubt they will backtrack to these two but Seoul is much more likely than a revisit of Japan

Manila

same as Australia
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2012, 04:08:04 PM »
Great video!

I think this is actually Amy and Daniel in the foreground, based on her hair, and on his cap and watch (see Reta's photos).

I am happy to take any debate over to spec, if need be.   :)

I was a little confused too, because I thought the partner of the bandana guy had blonde hair. However, we later see in this video the same girl wandering around and she appears to have two regular legs, so its definitely not Amy & Daniel!

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
Since the HKG sighting was in fact Phil it seems to cancel out the chance of a Colombo leg. These are the best options for leg 4 based on flights:

Bangkok (makes sense but I hope they didn't)

Brisbane
Melbourne
Perth
Sydney

any of these Aussie options would have led to more sightings

Dubai
Hanoi

these two make sense based on no sightings

Tokyo
Seoul

I kind of doubt they will backtrack to these two but Seoul is much more likely than a revisit of Japan

Manila

same as Australia

Too bad about Sri Lanka. I would say Vietnam & South Korea are very probable. Emirates have daily flights from Jakarta (with transit in Singapore), so I'm guessing teams would've gone to Jakarta instead to catch the flight.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »
Finally! Our first credible sighting in a long time! Jens is a pilot with Emirates Airlines which puts the sighting on one of two Dhaka to Dubai flights today:

EK583: 1015 > 1430
EK585: 2130 > 0058

So either Jens tweeted around 11 hours after his flight landed, or half an hour.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »

So, is the missing Leg-4 could be Dhaka, Bangladesh..?!  :duno:  or Leg-5 maybe?

It seems a bit long after our Singapore sightings.. 2-3 days ago,

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
Phenomenal video showing a segment of how the racers, camera and sound guys work. Interesting that if you ask someone for help that the process of documenting that may slow you down.

Dhaka and Dubai.. very cool if that is true.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Whoa, does that put us to like six Asia legs? There was time in the gap for legs four and five in possibly Vietnam and Bangladesh and Dubai is the sixth!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »
Just wanted to put this out there:

1. I highly doubt Dhaka is a connection or stopover point, so I am SURE we will be having at LEAST one leg in Bangladesh (yay!). Based on the timeline, I am guessing this Bangladesh leg is either leg 5 OR 6 (most likely 5)

2. Dubai is most likely just a connection point, and it is a huge gateway to Africa, the Middle East and Europe - so we could be going anywhere   

3. Leg 4 is still unaccounted for, Colombo is possible but that info is not fully accurate, so time will tell  :groan:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »
Just wanted to put this out there:

1. I highly doubt Dhaka is a connection or stopover point, so I am SURE we will be having at LEAST one leg in Bangladesh (yay!). Based on the timeline, I am guessing this Bangladesh leg is either leg 5 OR 6 (most likely 5)
I think Dhaka is a stopover in my view, why go all that way from Asia to Africa? Dubai in my view would be a transit point.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #385 on: June 05, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »
Also maybe 2 legs in Bangladesh. i think Dubai is a leg. 

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: June 05, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
This is my speculation of whats happened so far:

May 26 STARTING DAY
May 27 flights to Shanghai
May 28 arrival in Shanghai, Leg 1 raced
May 29 depart Shanghai, arrival Surabaya, HoO
May 30 Leg 2 raced
May 31 Leg 3 raced
June 1 extended Pit Stop
June 2 depart Surabaya
June 3 Leg 4 raced (location unknown)
June 4 Leg 5 (Bangladesh)
June 5 depart Dhaka
June 6 Leg 6 raced (location unknown)

if we want to catch up to the racers, we should be looking for tweets and stuff tomorrow, when Leg 6 should start  :tup:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2012, 06:31:50 PM »
I think it is possible there were 2 legs in Bangladesh. It would make sense, given the time it took to get there from Indonesia, and they have to double-up legs in some countries to stay close to a 21-23 day filming schedule. As to Dubai, I think it's 50-50 as to whether it's a location for a leg or not.

And I'm glad a pilot came through. It has been the case before (TAR 10 Sea-Tac was a noticable one as the first westward Race on record IIRC.)
-- theschnauzers

paldog123456

« Reply #388 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »
I agree with 2 legs in Dhaka. It seems like a place TAR could go unnoticed for a while as well.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
I think it is possible there were 2 legs in Bangladesh. It would make sense, given the time it took to get there from Indonesia, and they have to double-up legs in some countries to stay close to a 21-23 day filming schedule. As to Dubai, I think it's 50-50 as to whether it's a location for a leg or not.

And I'm glad a pilot came through. It has been the case before (TAR 10 Sea-Tac was a noticable one as the first westward Race on record IIRC.)

Agreed. Based on MY timeline it seems like too little time between Leg 4 and Leg 5 to change countries. Singapore could have been the connection point between Surabaya and Dhaka, and then maybe leg 4 was in Dhaka and leg 5 was in rural Bangladesh, which could explain why the racers disappeared for a while

as for Dubai, i just don't think we will have a leg there. Bangaldesh ---> Europe feels like a huge jump, so i think Dubai is a connection to AFRICA or the MIDDLE EAST. But right now the only African place that comes to mind is Uganda - its a new location, and Emirates have a direct flight there from Dubai to Entebbe. We will have to wait and see
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:20:57 PM by supah3ro »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »

Agreed. Based on MY timeline it seems like too little time between Leg 4 and Leg 5 to change countries. Singapore could have been the connection point between Surabaya and Dhaka, and then maybe leg 4 was in Dhaka and leg 5 was in rural Bangladesh, which could explain why the racers disappeared for a while

as for Dubai, i just don't think we will have a leg there. Bangaldesh ---> Europe feels like a huge jump, so i think Dubai is a connection to AFRICA or the MIDDLE EAST. But right now the only African place that comes to mind is Uganda - its a new location, and Emirates have a direct flight there from Dubai to Entebbe. We will have to wait and see

Dubai is the the UAE, the heart of the middle east. It's not that much of a jump at all.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2012, 07:18:53 PM »

Dubai is the the UAE, the heart of the middle east. It's not that much of a jump at all.

Sorry I phrased that wrong  :groan:
I know Dubai is in the Middle East, I'm just saying I don't think Dubai is a connection point to EUROPE because Bangladesh to Europe is a huge jump!
I'm trying to say Dubai is more likely a connection point to the Middle East or Africa
Do you get what I mean??

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »

Sorry I phrased that wrong  :groan:
I know Dubai is in the Middle East, I'm just saying I don't think Dubai is a connection point to EUROPE because Bangladesh to Europe is a huge jump!
I'm trying to say Dubai is more likely a connection point to the Middle East or Africa
Do you get what I mean??

I get it. Dubai could still be our Middle East location though, it doesn't have to be a connection point.

Offline Al

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »
I agree with 2 legs in Dhaka. It seems like a place TAR could go unnoticed for a while as well.

Seems like Season 19 all over again but Bangladesh > Thailand (all because Bangladesh is underused). Is it possible they flew in somewhere else in Bangladesh?

Maybe Legs 6-7 in Africa? new country?? Uganda? Because we have yet to see a new country.

I just had to register to let this out of my system. Could this be any indicator that TAR21 has been/is/will be in Uganda?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/jeff-rice-amazing-race-producer-poisoned_n_1292164.html

I know this piece of news was released in February. Perhaps he was there doing some planning on a leg for this season? Have you ever had news of a TAR producer/facilitator traveling to countries months before the race to plan tasks or contact suppliers?

Keep up the good work, guys!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2012, 08:48:48 PM »
IIRC, he was not working on TAR at the time of his death. I think he was working on another show.

:bigwelcome to RFF!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
IIRC, he was not working on TAR at the time of his death. I think he was working on another show.

:bigwelcome to RFF!

Correct, he was working on another show. His last involvement with TAR were the legs in Malawi.
-- theschnauzers

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »
Great video!

I think this is actually Amy and Daniel in the foreground, based on her hair, and on his cap and watch (see Reta's photos).

I am happy to take any debate over to spec, if need be.   :)

I was a little confused too, because I thought the partner of the bandana guy had blonde hair. However, we later see in this video the same girl wandering around and she appears to have two regular legs, so its definitely not Amy & Daniel!
Vern is a detective who help us in Shanghai...and I'm pretty sure this is Amy and Daniel.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2012, 11:56:21 PM »
Vern is a detective who help us in Shanghai...and I'm pretty sure this is Amy and Daniel.

A big thank you to Vern and the rest of the RFF crew! It was so cool to see the teams and TAR crew interacting.  :hearts:

I was able to review the video a few times this evening, and I was eventually able to spot all of the teams.  I'm positive that it's Daniel and Amy on the escalator behind the 2 F/F teams.  They show up again very briefly at the 2:15 mark when a bunch of teams run from the taxi stand over to the shady area.  A bunch of teams ran in that direction at that point, probably because they spotted Bandana Man and his partner.  Then there's a big rush to run back to wait in the queu, and we get a good look at Bandana Man and his partner.  Both Daniel and Bandana Man are wearing blue tank tops, which made it harder to sort it out, but they are slightly different shades of blue.  Perhaps Bandana Man and his teammate came downstairs on the opposite side of the road the way the goat farmers did?

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »
So if the Dhaka - Dubai route is legit, the one on Rome isn't?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2012, 01:41:46 AM »
Methinks Myanmar Leg 4/5ish, theres flights arriving at 2:55PM/3:45PM in Yangon.. could explain the lack of sightings & fits the Singapore flight thing