Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 407214 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #875 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
Because I suspect filming in the Netherlands for two legs is more likely to have been witnessed than a second leg in Russia, especially if it was outside Moscow, I'd bet the unknown leg was Russia.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #876 on: August 16, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
Something I noticed: the CBS website says this race will have 9 countries. Since we already know of 9 countries they will be visiting (USA, China, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Turkey, Russia, Netherlands, Spain, and France), this means that the unkown Leg 8 is to either be in Russia or the Netherlands.

I don't think the USA will count as being "visited".

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #877 on: August 17, 2012, 12:13:44 AM »
It always is, in the country list.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #878 on: August 17, 2012, 06:22:13 AM »
Ah well. We got Indonesia, Bangladesh, Turkey, Spain and a new region of France. That should be either enough new regions to keep viewers happy or the other regions are so old (Turkey and Spain) that no-one will remember them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #879 on: August 17, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
Based on the 9 countries, I think we will be seeing Russia, Russia and Bangladesh, Bangladeh...but we'll see!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #880 on: August 17, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
They tied the lowest  :res:
with TAR15.
(Obviously excluding FE)

~

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #881 on: August 17, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
My 'connect the dots' approach of all known locations comes up to 23,000 miles, so we know our missing leg must be near Moscow or Amsterdam (but I guess we knew that anyway..)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2012, 04:51:52 AM »
Any discussion of the PRE-Race videos can now go here: :tup:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27709.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #883 on: August 29, 2012, 08:48:53 AM »
Which Netherlands Roadblock are they talking about?
- The TAR12 pole-jumping or the TAR15 bell-counting?

What am I missing?  :duno:
If it's either one of them, the TAR15 one would look more interesting, but the TAR12 one would cause muddiness  :lol:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #884 on: August 29, 2012, 08:57:40 AM »

If it's either one of them, the TAR15 one would look more interesting, but the TAR12 one would cause muddiness  :lol:
Maybe they're taking task from other country? Because I don't think those tasks worth to be a Switchback... :duno:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #885 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »

Maybe they're taking task from other country? Because I don't think those tasks worth to be a Switchback... :duno:

And I don't believe it's gonna be the eel RB of TAR4. :( .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #886 on: August 29, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »

The most infamous Roadblock that comes up in my mind and can be happened anywhere in Europe is the haybales rolling task. However, I don't think that they would be repeating it again... :(
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #887 on: August 29, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »

The most infamous Roadblock that comes up in my mind and can be happened anywhere in Europe is the haybales rolling task. However, I don't think that they would be repeating it again... :(

What about the windmill fast forward?

I mean they can make it a Roadblock
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:23:47 AM by Theodorus »
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

MrDeerShank

« Reply #888 on: August 29, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »
I wonder what this season's Switchback would be - S4 eel RB?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #889 on: August 29, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »

What about the choice "15 ft." of TAR4 Detour?:
"Teams has to dig barehanded through a 15 foot high pile of manure to find their next clue."  :o

Kamineko, they put the "shave your head" FF for the third time in TAR history last season; so don't take for granted that they wouldn't repeat it again.  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:24:16 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #890 on: August 29, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
Given that the producers have now re-cycled two tasks from the early seasons, my guess is that it's a task previously done in the Netherlands, and the most infamous tasks are either the detour from leg 7 of TAR 15:
In this leg's Detour, teams chose between Farmer's Game or Farmer's Dance. In both Detours, teams dressed in traditional Dutch costumes—one male and one female—and rode bicycles to their Detour choice. In Farmer's Game, teams had to strip down to their Dutch underwear and swim across a creek. On the other side, they had to retrieve a special set of golf clubs and play 3 holes of Farmersgolf. Team members took turns with each stroke and had to finish within par of 8 strokes on each hole to receive their next clue. In Farmer's Dance, teams had to find a country festival where one team member had to hit the bell on a high striker (if that team member failed, team members would take turns until they hit the bell). They then had to enter a dance hall to learn a traditional Dutch folk dance and perform that dance in front of a crowd. If the dance was to the instructor's satisfaction, the instructor would give each team member a serving of soused herring which they had to eat in order to receive their next clue. (Wikipedia article)

or from TAR 4:
In the Detour, teams must choose between 500 kilograms or 15 feet (4.6 m). In 500 kilograms, teams drive 30 miles (48 km) to Alkmaar on an outdoor market, don traditional wooden clogs and use a wooden stretcher to carry cheese from a stockpile to a scale. Once it exactly weighed in at 500 kilograms (1,100 lb) of cheese no more, no less and they receive their next clue. In 15 feet (4.6 m), teams drive 12 miles (19 km) to a ranch, where the cow manure is processed into fertilizer. Then, they must searched barehanded through a clues 15 feet (4.6 m) of a pile. (Wikipedia article)
I think the 15 foot detour option could easily be converted to a roadblock using the same location. The TAR 15 detour doesn't work without both sides of the detour, it was that combo that made it infamous and led to an elimination (as was the Haybales).
-- theschnauzers

addie

« Reply #891 on: August 29, 2012, 12:47:50 PM »
Switchback in Netherlands <333

My guess is actually the pool-jumping challenge, but since last season's Switchback wasn't at the same location, anything can happen. If they have been in Groningen for the bell counting task, I'm going to kill myself, cause I was there that exact same day. :lol:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #892 on: August 29, 2012, 10:48:56 PM »
The cast announcement today has shaken loose another sighting. From Facebook earlier today:

So glad the word is out. We met Josh and Brent on the Talgo Night Train to Paris in June when they were in the middle of racing and filming. Caroline and I will be watching on the 30th and cheering them on. Spoiler alert, when we met them there were four teams left!

I don't know if this is something we already knew or not, but it appears that the Beekman Boys are in the final four. They are getting one of the largest reactions on Twitter, so that will probably help ratings.  :tup: The fact that the Facebook poster doesn't mention other teams may be bad news for the Beekman Boys though.

Also, I'm not sure we ever nailed down which trains were used in France, so this may help with that.

Well, the general consensus is that Abby & Ryan and the twins were decoys, and that Chippendales, Lexi & Trey and the Beekmans are the final three.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:53:28 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #893 on: August 30, 2012, 05:21:25 AM »
I think its the mud one. Remember Don doing it repeatdly? that is infamous!
Ooh, I hope it's the bell counting from TAR15 :}

MrDeerShank

« Reply #894 on: August 30, 2012, 07:09:10 AM »

The bell counting one was quite frustrating, but at the same time, it had a definite answer, so that tells me they aren't gonna revisit it  :duno:

The mud detour option would be good though!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #895 on: August 30, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
The mud task was a Roadblock  :tup:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #896 on: August 30, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
The mud task was a Roadblock  :tup:

I meant the manure task, sorry  :-[ but yes, the mud pole vaulting task would be interesting to revisit!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #897 on: August 30, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »

The bell counting one was quite frustrating, but at the same time, it had a definite answer, so that tells me they aren't gonna revisit it  :duno:

The mud detour option would be good though!
Oh, right, I forgot about that...
Perhaps another belltower?.. lol  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #898 on: August 30, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »

What about the choice "15 ft." of TAR4 Detour?:
"Teams has to dig barehanded through a 15 foot high pile of manure to find their next clue."  :o

Kamineko, they put the "shave your head" FF for the third time in TAR history last season; so don't take for granted that they wouldn't repeat it again.  :)

The written statement they have provided is "one of the more infamous ROADBLOCKs. I believe that the word "ROADBLOCK" eliminates any consideration of DETOURs being converted to ROADBLOCKs. There are only 3 prior ROADBLOCKs in Amazing Races in the Netherlands:

AR4- count and basket 25 live eels
AR12 - ditch-vaulting
AR15 - counting bells

There are obviously many differences of opinion on which of these might be worthy. However, my answer is emphatic: NONE OF THE ABOVE meets my standards for what a switchback should be. World Race Productions hopefully decided for Netherlands on a task much more interesting. We'll see.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #899 on: August 31, 2012, 08:12:36 AM »
I think this is the right time to post this so you guys don't get too attached :(
I'm sure some have been suspecting this, but I'm 99.9% sure it's true. MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD
I believe the last team eliminated (4th place) is
Show content
Show content
Show content
Show content
Show content
Natalie & Nadiya :'(
I have my reasons:
1. We have indications that they've made it to the F5/F4
2. We believe that they were racing as decoys in NYC (both of them were racing in the final Leg wearing slippers? Yeah right). Usually the decoy teams are the teams eliminated just before the F3.
3. My concrete evidence: a few days after filming wrapped up, one of the twins tweeted to the other, "still having bad dreams about France :(". We are pretty sure that France was the penultimate Leg, right? And saying that you had 'bad dreams about France' is basically confirming that you were eliminated in France. When I saw this tweet, I re-tweeted it on purpose so one of the twins would realise what a spoiler they were releasing and they would delete it. Funnily enough, I went back later so print screen the tweet, and it was GONE!
If you look at all my statements, it all fits together and makes sense. Just be glad that we will be able to see an FF team race through 11 Legs!  :yess:
With that being said, here is my boot order speculation for this season:
Show content
1st - Jaymes & James
2nd - Trey & Lexi
3rd - Brent & Josh
4th - Natalie & Nadiya
5th - Abbie & Ryan
6th - James & Abba
7th - Rob & Kelley
8th - Gary & Will
9th - Caitlin & Brittany
10th - Amy & Daniel