Archive > Amazing Race 21 Spoilers Archive

TAR 21 Media

<< < (3/18) > >>

Boingo:
 :yess:  it's official, Emmy nominations are out!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27434.msg777006.html#msg777006

TexasLady:
Thanks for the news ARAF and Boingo! I haven't been keeping up to date with the news.

LoveRocked:
Amazing Race doubles its prize to $2 million; teams identified, including reality stars, Chippendales dancers

by Andy Dehnart August 20, 2012

The Amazing Race 21’s teams will be competing for a prize that has doubled to $2 million for the winning team. Those teams, and the cities they visited during filming earlier this summer, have also been identified, though not yet confirmed by CBS.

The increase in the prize money, revealed in the preview below that CBS released late last week, is inexplicable to me. Why would an aging series that has already been creatively weak over the past few years (more pre-planned travel between legs, shorter legs, fewer opportunities for things to go awry, et cetera) spend more money on the prize, of all things? Sure, the $1 million prize hasn’t increased in the past decade, and since each team member wins $500,000, this technically brings the show up to the level of Survivor instead of Big Brother. But changing the prize money isn’t going to draw new viewers. Perhaps it’ll generate a few headlines, but is that worth $1 million?

I’m curious if Survivor Philippines will also get an increase, or if the prize here is something different than cash, such as an annuity, like America’s Got Talent’s prize.

Meanwhile, as usual, the wonderfully obsessed stalkers at Reality Fan Forum have again tracked this season, which filmed from the end of May until mid-June. All of their location and other spoilers are in one post, and the 11 teams have also been identified. (By the way, the last time I referred to the RFF posters as “stalkers,” some humorless people thought I was criticizing them, instead of being impressed by their talents, because those humorless people are humorless and also don’t understand that tracing people’s steps around the world from one’s computer is pretty much stalking.)

Anyway, the teams include reality stars, though not Russell Hantz and Dick Donato, thankfully. Instead, it’s The Fabulous Beekman Boys, Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell (their show aired two seasons on Planet Green, and will air its third on Cooking Channel).

Also on this season, according to the site: Megadeth and White Lion bassist James LoMenzo and his manager, two Chippendales dancers, and two married monster truck drivers.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_21/2012_Aug_20_increased-prize-teams-route

LoveRocked:
Wisconsin man on new season of 'The Amazing Race'

Josh Kilmer-Purcell, one of "The Fabulous Beekman Boys," about two gay men who leave New York City to become farmers, will be a contestant on the 21st season season of CBS' "The Amazing Race," according to the reality show website Reality Blurred.

Purcell, raised in Oconomowoc, will race with his partner Brent Ridge. The pair are authors of "The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook."

The new season of "The Amazing Race" premieres on Sept. 30.

A Madison couple - Dave and Rachel Brown - were winners of last season's competition in which multiple teams of two race around the world completing, often arduous, tasks.

This year "The Amazing Race" has doubled its prize money, to $2 million.

Kilmer-Purcell is the author of several books including the best seller "I Am Not Myself These Days," about his life in the advertising industry by day and as a drag queen at night.

"The Fabulous Beekman Boys" was shown on the Planet Green cable channel for two seasons, before moving to The Cooking Channel. According to Reality Blurred, the other contestants on the "Amazing Race" include the bassist for Megadeth and White Lion and his manager, two Chippendales dancers, and two married monster truck drivers.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/166757476.html

Fabulous Beekman Boys to compete on 'Amazing Race'
Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell will be one of 11 teams vying to win $2M on CBS' reality series.

While we know the Cooking Channel is moving ahead with plans to re-air both seasons of "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" (and hopefully greenlight a third), rumor has it that you'll have a new way to catch our favorite gay farming duo this fall.

According to Reality Blurred, Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell will join 10 other teams in competing to win $2M on CBS's reality series "The Amazing Race." For those not familiar with the show (now on it's 21st season), teams race around the world (and against the clock) while completing a series of tasks and stunts in the process. It's heavy on the stress - which, for anyone that's ever watched "Beekman", generally brings out the more hilarious moments between Kilmer-Purcell and Ridge.

As the 21st season filmed from the end of May until mid-June, for all we know Brent and Josh could be sitting on a cool $2M. So far, there are now outward signs on the Beekman farm that anything's changed - though the boys did just add a nice, shiny new roof to their massive barn.

Look for something official from CBS soon. "The Amazing Race" premieres on September 30th.

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/blogs/fabulous-beekman-boys-to-compete-on-amazing-race

Dom:
I definitely don't mind being called a stalker :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version