Author Topic: TAR 21 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation  (Read 188343 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2012, 07:46:20 PM »
Adding a bit more info to the Ryan and Abbie reveal:

Ryan Danz has a degree in economics from UC Davis, and a law degree from California Western School of Law. He is the owner/founder of a financial service company in California.

Most interestingly, as a new law school graduate, Ryan was a contestant in NBC's reality show The Apprentice:Martha Stewart which aired in the fall of 2005 for a one season run. He was eliminated in Week 11, just prior to the final interviews and challenge. His appearance on TAR 21 may represent the first cross-over from a competing network's reality show.

His bio from that season:

Abbie Ginsberg is a dancer and choreographer. Originally from Seattle, she has a degree from the University of Washington in Fine Arts and Psychology with a minor in Art History. She additionally has a degree in Fashion Design from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising. She is a nationally recognized choreographer in 8-18 yr old modern,tap, lyrical and jazz dance. She currently works at the Carlsbad Dance Centre where she is a member of the Hall of Fame.

Both Ryan and Abbie are divorced, and are currently a "dating couple".

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
So like Ralph & Vanessa they'll probably be listed as "dating divorcees"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »
That's an interesting bit of casting, Peach!
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
I know, right? But based on everything we have so far, this looks like an attractive, strong and competitive team, so perhaps casting decided that an appearance 7 years ago in a short lived show was not a major issue. I have a feeling we are going to like this team! Anyone who can cheerfully do a Tide-to-Go skit dressed as a VIVIDLY orange spandex clad detergent action hero, on a major NYC thoroughfare, has to have a great sense of humor!   :lol:

One more interesting bit of trivia:

From the Beekman reveal, I also found that Brent Ridge was the VP for Healthy Living at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia from June 2006 to August 2008. Which was less than 6 months after Ryan was a contestant. Small world, right? While it is unlikely that Ryan would be aware of that bit of history on meeting Brent, it is vaguely possible that Brent may have recognized Ryan. 2 Degrees of Separation!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »
So like Ralph & Vanessa they'll probably be listed as "dating divorcees"

Which still bugs me.

I agree with this definition--at least where I come from!!

Definition of DIVORCÉE: a divorced woman
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
And here is the tattoo confirmation  :lol:

Tide Fighter is in here too:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB_FfZi_pf8?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AB_FfZi_pf8?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
I did a little bit of googling, and I found that I did remember Ryan from his TA:MS season; not well, but I did remember having a favorable impression of him from that show. Martha used a lot of her company in setting up the tasks for her season, so it's possible Brent might have recognized Ryan more easily from that time than the other way around.

Of the teams, we've heard comments about the teams from "bystanders," it seems as if CBS has continued its recent trend of finding good, competitive teams and staying away from casting-induced melodrama. It may be premature to reach any conclusions until we learn more about all of thie teams, but it is a promising sign.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:57:48 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2012, 10:16:01 AM »
I'm just gonna throw this out there. Something has been telling me or shorter guy on the green team could be a horse jockey. I have no evidence for it, but it doesn't hurt to take a look in that direction.

If you're looking for a jockey, try looking into guys racing out of Northville Downs. It's the closest one to Ann Arbor.

It's not the type of jockeying you're thinking of though...I think all of the horseracing tracks around here are all harness racing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:19:12 AM by kittygoesmeow »

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
I thought I had disappeared but I am happy to bring you another team ID:

JAMES LOMENZO AND MARK "ABBA" ABBATTISTA
53 and 45
Heavy Metal Musician and Music Manager/Attorney
Beverly Hills, CA

I'm sure they will go by James and Abba on the show. James might be known to some people as being a part of the group Megadeth.

Comparison photos below

James:

"Abba":

edited to embed photos
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:28:35 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
Great job dude! I knew you'd find something.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »
I thought I had disappeared but I am happy to bring you another team ID:

JAMES LOMENZO AND MARK "ABBA" ABBATTISTA
53 and 45
Heavy Metal Musician and Music Manager/Attorney
Beverly Hills, CA

I'm sure they will go by James and Abba on the show. James might be known to some people as being a part of the group Megadeth.

Comparison photos below

:yess:

This means we've got identified nine of the eleven teams! 

1.-  Brent & Josh.
2.-  Amy & Daniel.
3.-  Jaymes & James.
4.-  Nadiya & Natalie.
5.-  Trey & Lexie.
6.-  Rob & Kelly
7.-  Caitlin & Brittany
8.-  Abbie & Ryan
9.-  James & Abba.

And still searching for the IDs of the remaining teams!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2012, 06:47:49 AM »
THANKS MAC!! :hearts:

Adding some more info on James and Abba!!

I know less than nothing about this kind of music...but James Lomenzo is a serious musician who has played with some very major bands.

This is a great in depth interview about his career to date!

http://www.forbassplayersonly.com/Interviews/James-LoMenzo.html

A bunch of pics:
http://www.aphex.com/aphex_ambassador/486/#&panel1-8

Here is an Interview from Romania...at about 6:25 he starts to talk about Mark and their passion for travel.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HH-6W8UIuOg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HH-6W8UIuOg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

There was a very nice homepage open yesterday when I started to look but seems to be down now...hopefully it will open back up! Will leave the link up in case it reopens, a very good bio:

http://www.jameslomenzo.com/jameslomenzo.com/Bio.html

He also has a production house called Monster House:
http://www.jameslomenzo.com/monsterhouse/Who_We_Are.html

There are many YouTube vids of the actual music as well.

Mark "Abba" Abbattista is as MAC said, an attorney and a music manager/producer.

He is listed as President at Abba-Cadaver Music LLC
Beverly Hills, California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
...although I believe he is originally from Colorado.

He is currently managing the band HAIL!, which is a cover band of rotating musicians who do worldwide tours featuring the classics of Heavy Metal music. James is the bass guitarist on many of the tours.

Here is a brief Interview with Mark from the Russian tour about why they love to tour and share their music: START at about 1:50

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GHm4iF1fvYg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GHm4iF1fvYg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

And here is a lovely interview about a high school visit in Istanbul:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165004

And...importantly for us, these guys are seriously well traveled. Their most recent tours includes a nine-city tour in Russia, coincidentally including Moscow, and a Turkey tour, including Istanbul, and other areas such as Brazil, Scandanavia, and Lebanon!

I am already loving their passion for their music and for travel!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Al

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
That's a lot of information for James & Abba! Incredible work, guys!

Now, that would make it 3 James (or Jaymes), so it would make it compulsory to use nicknames and set them apart. Perhaps Jay for one of the Chippendales? And... JLo (Wikipedia says that is his nickname) xD for LoMenzo? That would make them JLo and Abba? Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
That's a lot of information for James & Abba! Incredible work, guys!

Now, that would make it 3 James (or Jaymes), so it would make it compulsory to use nicknames and set them apart. Perhaps Jay for one of the Chippendales? And... JLo (Wikipedia says that is his nickname) xD for LoMenzo? That would make them JLo and Abba? Wouldn't that be hilarious?

I think we're good without any nicknames. But thats just me. Jaymes/James are one team and adding another one in on a different team with long hair doesn't make it to hard to tell which one.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
Awesome! GJ, macaroons! I thought the bearded guys would be more like hippies but they're probably gonna turn out to be badasses. ;D

Hopefully, them and the biker couple don't go out one after the other.

Re: nicknames, I think it's only gonna work if people are willing to use them, or if someone establishes a nickname for the 3 Ja(y)mes and others follow. For me, I think I'll call them James, Ga(y)mes (I believe I got those two right), and Jamie from the Block. :lol:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »
As far as the show goes, they've managed having three "Daves" one season on three different teams, and three "Steves" on another, so I think we'll manage with the two James and one Jaymes, especially since two of the three make up one of the teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2012, 12:18:13 AM »
This group is looking sooo interesting. Looking forward to this season.
And this trio of names, what's the chances in 3 different seasons?!
Awesome work.

Offline TARfan04

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »
Trey Weir and Lexi Beerman

Both recent grads of University of Texas. He had a very successful career as the Deep Snapper during his time at UT. Lexi was a member of the famed Pom Squad. They have been dating for several years. They are not engaged.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #218 on: June 24, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the update TARfan04!!

and :bigwelcome to RFF!

We have them ID'd, but further details are always a  BIG help! :hearts:

They look like a cute couple!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #219 on: June 24, 2012, 05:24:46 PM »

I put up a couple of links a while back while they were racing, but I'm going to go ahead and paste some details about Amy Purdy and Daniel Gale in this thread.   

From an ABC news article, March 2012:
Her boyfriend, Daniel Gale, was awestruck from the first day he met her back in 2002. He was smitten by her looks and impressed with her snowboarding prowess. He hadn't the vaguest clue that she had prosthetic legs.

"I think my reaction, I tried to keep it a little bit mellow so as not to be overly shocked, because at that point, there was already an attraction," he said. "Then she pulled up the other pant leg, not that that swayed me either but it was just, I was just like wow, this is even more -- she's even more incredible."

For Purdy, the attraction was mutual.

"I was actually surprised that he was so mellow about it, because I was used to people saying, 'Oh, my gosh, what happened?' or 'Whoa, I've never seen that,' or, 'Is that carbon fiber?' or something like that, and he was so mellow, he was just like, 'Awesome,'" she said.

Together, the couple made another dream of Purdy's come true by bringing adaptive snowboarding to the Winter X-Games seven years ago. Their next mission is to get the sport into the Paralympics. [The committee announced in May that the sport will be included in 2014.]

Amy Purdy's incredible story and abilities have earned her wide acclaim. Madonna asked her to appear in a music video that was later shelved, Motley Crue used her in a photo shoot, and she had a prominent role in the film "What's Bugging Seth?" And when Purdy is not busy on the snowboard, she is often skateboarding, wakeboarding or working on launching her own clothing line, Live Learn Grow.

Purdy has made a life's purpose of sharing her message of triumph with the world through motivational speaking. She recently gave a highly-acclaimed TED talk.

"Our biggest disability is our, up here," Purdy said, pointing to her head. "This is where we limit ourselves."

From their ADACS website:
Daniel Gale and Amy Purdy founded Adaptive Action Sports in 2005 to help create opportunities for individuals with physical disabilities to get involved in skateboarding and snowboarding and all action sports. At the time there were limited resources for those of us who skate and snowboard and have some sort of physical disability. AAS was the first organization of its kind  to focus on bringing these types of sports to the disabled community.

Daniel Gale is the current Executive Director. He also is a Sports Organizer for ESPN and the Summer X Games organizing the Adaptive Moto X Race, the Adaptive Skateboardpark Jam, Adaptive Snocross and the Adaptive Snowboarder X. He is a competitive snowboarder, avid skateboarder and all around board sports enthusiast.  It was his partner, Amy Purdy's struggle to achieve her action sports goals despite her "dis"ability that inspired them to create Adaptive Action Sports.   

Amy Purdy was an artist and board sport enthusiast as well growing up. Her goal was to spend a few years traveling the world and snowboarding when suddenly at the age of 19 her life changed forever. After a day of flu like symptoms Amy was rushed to the hospital in a state of septic shock and diagnosed with Bacterial Meningitis, a deadly blood infection. Amy fought for her life for nearly 3 months leaving the hospital a completely different person physically, mentally and spiritually. Amy loss both her legs below the knee and all kidney function but it didn't stop her from following her dreams. Amy is now a medaled snowboarder, actress, tv host, public speaker and Advocate for Element Skateboards.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: June 24, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »
Thanks Jen!

Wow...this is one incredibly awesome woman!

Do NOT miss this talk!! I have goosebumps.

Uploaded by TEDxTalks on Jun 8, 2011

Amy Purdy talks about the power of imagination. She explains how our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by the choices we make. Imagination allows us to break down borders, to move beyond our circumstances, to create and constantly progress.

Amy Purdy has been through hardships that most of us will never face -- or can even fathom. But what makes her story so incredible is not that fact that she lived a "normal" childhood and spent her high school years as a passionate artist and snowboarder, then traumatically lost both her legs at age 19, but how she has persevered, taking implausible challenges and rising above them.
Today, Amy is an athlete; currently the top ranked adaptive female snowboarder in the world. Amy also spends a good amount of time helping others; specifically those with physical challenges get involved with snowboarding, skateboarding, wakeboarding and other action sports through the organization she co-founded Adaptive Action Sports. Challenging herself while making a positive impact on the world is a true testament to Amy's spirit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2QZM7azGoA?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N2QZM7azGoA?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARfan04

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #221 on: June 24, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »
No problem Peach!

They are very cute. Definitely the All American Guy and Girl!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:31:51 PM by TARfan04 »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
No problem Peach.

They are very cute. Definitely the All American Guy and Girl!

Well her and Trey have gotten me back into the Longhorns
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:32:18 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »
:luvya: Credit to PEACH for assistance in identifying this team!  :luvya:

Meet our Michigan team!

Gary Wojnar and Will Chiola!

Gary Wojnar is from Livonia, Michigan and is our taller teammate. Will Chiola (53) from Dearborn Heights, Michigan is our shorter teammate. Will is a marathon runner and has competed in marathons across America over the past decade. Both Gary & Will appear to be avid cyclists (just like Phil! :lol:) and are involved in the Wish-A-Mile Bicycle Tour for the Make-A-Wish Michigan organization. Gary is on the left of all these photos, Will on the right.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
:luvya: Credit to PEACH for assistance in identifying this team!  :luvya:

Meet our Michigan team!

Gary Wojnar and Will Chiola!

Awesome work. Turns out they weren't UMich professors. :tup: