Author Topic: TAR 21 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**  (Read 34165 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 21 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 05:31:25 PM »
Chateau, this is consistent with the sightings in De Wallen area.  It's about 1,8 kms. from Centraal Station in the same direction.

I'm getting only 650 meters for this spot:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »
So, maybe this is the location of one of the Detours?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »
I've been thinking this and no one has thrown this thought out there, so I will.  The area where the season preview showed two of the teams looks a lot like the area of the detour in Amsterdam for TAR 12, Leg 2. I can't point to anything precise, but different teams in that detour had to use different houses, so it is possible there is some sort of overlap.

I also recall teams having to cross a bridge in the immediate area, so there's got to be a canal IIRC the TAR 12 locale.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 07:24:28 PM »
So, this is what we have by now about Amsterdam:

A.-  Centraal Station, where the teams were first spotted.

B.-  Westerkerk, Prinsengracht, where the Chips been watching doing a task            (Detour maybe?)

C.-  Scheepvaart Museum area, where the bus cap was located.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »
From season 12 we have a pic of the Goths running:

Colby: I believe that pic with the Goth's running is towards this area  Church of St.Nicolas is on the Prins Hendrikkade.

I went thru the season 12 archive the other day, lots of fun stuff! Many of the attached pics have been deleted (which is why it is CRUCIAL to EMBED your pics!!) but the process was fun to re-read. I still remember how excited we were to find the Ransdorp Church giving us the field from a screencap, and the Durgendam marina. Good times!

You can go browsing here if you want! Puddin has a lovely summary:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13841.0.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
So, this is what we have by now about Amsterdam:

A.-  Centraal Station, where the teams were first spotted.

B.-  Westerkerk, Prinsengracht, where the Chips been watching doing a task            (Detour maybe?)

C.-  Scheepvaart Museum area, where the bus cap was located.

The Chips were spotted here, not at WesterKerk.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=amsterdam&ll=52.364632,4.896013&spn=0.001006,0.002466&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=Amsterdam,+Government+of+Amsterdam,+North+Holland,+The+Netherlands&gl=us&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=52.364632,4.896013&panoid=GjA37YfV7iQqVHpDPxiICw&cbp=12,308.48,,0,11.7

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
 :gaah: Yes, you're right (this is what happen when you try to do a lot of things at the same time  :lol:)

Now the right one:

A-.  Centraal Station, where the teams were spotted.
B.-  Herengracht, as the location of the extended promo cap with the Chips doing some task (maybe a Detour?).
C.-  Scheepvaart Museum area, as the location of the bus task (previous promo).
D.-  Papenbroekssteeg, De Wallen, Abby & Ryan and the Beekmans asking for directions.
E.-  Ransdorp, the location of the ditch-vault RB (the only one that could be defined as hilarious, according to Phil).

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »
What do you think?  Have we found our first Detour place?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:39:30 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »
Amsterdam identified locations, updated with the new Chateau's info.

A.-  Centraal Station.
B.-  Papenbroekssteeg
C.-  Herengracht
D.-  Reguliersgracht 89 (cap of Trey & Lexie)
E.-  Blauwbridge (intro)
F.-  Scheepvaart Museum
G.-  Ransdorp.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:25 PM »
Ransdorp remains spec, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Ransdorp remains spec, right?

Yes.  It's only for the purpose of showing the distance between the places (even though the "hilarious" from Phil could be applied for the ditch-vaulting  :lol:).

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »
Ok.  Here's the link to the map of Amsterdam, with all the identified location - see the previous posts -, and the places where the ditch-vaulting ("G") and the eel counting ("H") RB were performed.

http://goo.gl/maps/WvSAk

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »
Chateau and I had been working on this for some time...but I waited one day too long to post it!! :lol3:

For the record:

THE TAR 21 FINALE WILL INCLUDE A MEMORY TASK AT

THE UNITED NATIONS PLAZA.

Teams will be expected to correlate the Hello/Goodbye greetings they have heard on the MAT with the FLAGS of each country they visited. They will need to somehow ??hoist the correct flag that matches the greeting??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 07:01:17 PM »
Clarification:

They attach the two greeting banners to the black wooden frames and then hoist the frame.  They have to pick through a collection of banners and attach them to the frame that is on the correct flag pole.  No doubt there are bogus greetings to sort through.   :cmaslol

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »
Clarification:

They attach the two greeting banners to the black wooden frames and then hoist the frame.  They have to pick through a collection of banners and attach them to the frame that is on the correct flag pole.  No doubt there are bogus greetings to sort through.   :cmaslol

That sounds like the best memory task ever created since season 12's bike, ditch vault pole, milk, chicken, stilts, gun, propane tanks, cleaning guy, tea :lol: final task.

Is there any other confirmations in NYC's districts were visited? I'm conforming Little Italy is a check mark from the "make & deliver pizza task" and Coney Island from the Jaymes & James pic sneak-in.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)