Author Topic: Episode Commentary  (Read 3742 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Episode Commentary
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:11:14 AM »
We shouldn't be more than a few weeks away from the premiere of TAR Australia, and as it comes closer I'd like to remind everybody that I will be doing my episode commentary as it airs. Whether I keep it all to one thread, use the existing episode threads or make my own is yet to be seen, but before we begin I'll post some observations from last season that I think will make the process smoother.

- Try to avoid posting general cheering and/or predictions for teams when commentary is going. While it may seem trivial, the extra 10 seconds or so it takes to post after the new message warning removes me from the race, and I pride myself on giving the most in depth commentary possible.

- Similar to above: Try to avoid posting reactions to commentary until the episode is over, or at least until the episode is winding down to final interviews, next time on, etc.

- Viewers (myself included), try to limit the amount of commentary feeds to the fewest possible. Multiple posters can cause the thread to become cluttered and make it hard for a reader to keep events in order.

Essentially, all this comes down to the following: If you're going to post, make it as meaningful as possible.

I know this probably seems trivial and silly, but I do pride myself on my commentaries, and the co-operation of everyone will ensure that I make them the best possible quality for our overseas viewers who cannot see the show live.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you all for the premiere of AusTAR 2  And when Coutzy finally makes it on AusTAR 3  :hides

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Episode Commentary
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:13:40 AM »
Can't wait for your reviews Coutzy!  :hrt:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 04:48:01 AM »
- Try to avoid posting general cheering and/or predictions for teams when commentary is going. While it may seem trivial, the extra 10 seconds or so it takes to post after the new message warning removes me from the race, and I pride myself on giving the most in depth commentary possible.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:28:27 AM »
Why thank you Kandace! Didn't even know that button existed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
Thanks Coutzy!

We will of course have Episode threads, do you want to keep your commentaries separate from that? Whatever works best for you! Happy to do SHOW threads just like in US TAR...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 12:31:10 AM »
Thanks Coutzy!

We will of course have Episode threads, do you want to keep your commentaries separate from that? Whatever works best for you! Happy to do SHOW threads just like in US TAR...

Show threads might be the way to go. I'd like to keep my commentaries off the individual episode threads if I can, because I'm sure people that want to get to interviews and bonus scenes don't need or want to have to wade through my play by plays first.