Author Topic: Different Roadblocks->different legs.  (Read 1945 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Different Roadblocks->different legs.
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:29:22 PM »
OK, so I just thought on commenting about the difference in the Roadblock length and such. I feel this has gone downfall ever since TAR begins.

By the way, it is known by anyone that there are 2 tasks that make the difference between teams in each leg: Detours and Roadblocks. Nonetheless, this last seasons, Roadblocks are really plain dumb, IMHO.

In previous seasons, we had "extreme tasks", such as great eating challenges (TAR5 Caviar, TAR6 Soup, TAR7 Meat), or bungee jumps (drama...) and more of those difficult and tricky tasks. Teams could easily be an hour eating those 2 lb of Caviar, and teams who finished fast would make a difference against teams who struggled.

This season, we've had some good ones (Bottle Dance, Bollywood), but we've had stupid ones (Lingotto, Japan)... What I mean by stupid is: Lingotto task took Preparation time+2 minutes. Nothing else. Japan one, I think it is not hard to run fast and get it at the first 5 attempts (no more than 3-5 minutes...). Are we serious?

I want the challenging Roadblocks baaack!

Thoughts?

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
Re: Different Roadblocks->different legs.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
The Japanese gameshow roadblock has a potential to be great if they make it extreme and tacky just like those real Japanese wacky gameshows.
I would so want a roadblock like the Wipeout gameshow. Super fun!
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

addie

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »
Each season has its dull Roadblock, the tasks of this season were pretty good I guess.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 03:49:53 AM »
Each season has its dull Roadblock, the tasks of this season were pretty good I guess.

Yep... but I feel there's a real change between the importance a RB had in previous TARs and the importance it has now. Maybe that's just me...

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 04:13:53 AM »
It is easier than it used to be, they travel much less as well now.  There's less self-navigation, they nearly always get on the same planes.  The extreme sports challenges have diminished, it's more local work tasks now.  While they can be interesting sometimes I think it's also fair to say that many of them don't come across that well on TV.  Some do, the watermelons task for instance.  But quite a few others were forgettable.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:20:49 PM »
I remember noticing that during Season 12, the Detours were the dumb ones and the Roadblocks were the challenging tasks.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move