Author Topic: Most overrated season?  (Read 9334 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Most overrated season?
« on: May 09, 2012, 02:26:09 AM »
I did a search and couldn't find anything so hopefully no thread on this yet. :)

Season 2 (being part of what is considered the classic period) I think is very overrated.  The cast were so unmemorable to me, no big characters like the seasons either side of it.  Just felt like it had quite shallow, boring or stereotypical characters.  In fact of the early seasons (up to and including 7) I like all the odd numbered ones the most (haven't seen season 4 though).

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
Re: Most overrated season?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:38:11 AM »
Are u kidding? Danny and Oswald! Great legs in Brazil, Namibia, Australia and New Zealand.

Mmm overrated, huh..? Guess i'll have to go with Season 5, but that's just because it's the best season of the "Classic Period".

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:42:47 AM »
I just didn't find them funny, just seemed a bit stereotypical if anything.  The focus was on them but I wasn't interested.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 02:44:15 AM »
Season 5 is still my best season. Amazing Route, Amazing Tasks, Amazing Cast! Nothing "overrated" about it.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:31 AM »
Season 5 is still my best season. Amazing Route, Amazing Tasks, Amazing Cast! Nothing "overrated" about it.

Linda and Karen...  :colors
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 05:37:01 AM »
imho, the most overrated season of TAR are seasons 4, All Star edition, 19 and 20. :iok

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »
I haven't seen 4 and 19 but reading around I thought they weren't rated that much anyway.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 06:34:44 AM »
Season 7.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:05 AM »
imho, the most overrated season of TAR are seasons 4, All Star edition, 19 and 20.

I agree
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 06:52:28 AM »
I haven't seen 4 and 19 but reading around I thought they weren't rated that much anyway.

you know the meaning of the word overrated right?

For me Season 9, All-Stars and Season 13. Why call it Season 11 All-Stars when there is only one champion team (and one fake team to boot)?

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 06:56:13 AM »
Yeh, overrated means that quite a few people rate something very highly but someone disagrees with that. 

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 07:23:31 AM »
Yeh, overrated means that quite a few people rate something very highly but someone disagrees with that.

Sorry I snapped like that. Anyways, I think the problem with Season 19, was too many roadblocks, and some people disliked Cindy's A-grade student comment.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 11:12:11 AM »
Season 17. It's seriously one of my least favorite seasons. And Season 9. And maybe Season 10, just because of how annoying the alliance was.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:25:38 AM by Best Loser »

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
Nothing. They all deserved the credits they received.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 11:21:21 AM »
Season 2 (being part of what is considered the classic period) I think is very overrated.  The cast were so unmemorable to me, no big characters like the seasons either side of it.  Just felt like it had quite shallow, boring or stereotypical characters.  In fact of the early seasons (up to and including 7) I like all the odd numbered ones the most (haven't seen season 4 though).

Season 2 is my favorite. :lol:

I'd say it's Season 3 for me, honestly. Other than John Vito & Jill and Ken & Gerard, none of the teams were very likeable for me. Great route though, and the Zurich Detour (Count the Money or Run the Numbers) is still one of my favorite tasks ever, but as a whole, I can't really get engaged in this season.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »

Sorry I snapped like that. Anyways, I think the problem with Season 19, was too many roadblocks, and some people disliked Cindy's A-grade student comment.

There weren't very good team dynamics and the route was a little lame with two legs in every country. Also the episodes were a little boring with easier tasks and not too many lead changes, especially the finale.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »

There weren't very good team dynamics and the route was a little lame with two legs in every country. Also the episodes were a little boring with easier tasks and not too many lead changes, especially the finale.

I agree! 19 is one of my least favorites. The legs were just unbearable. Waste of country opportunities like Indonesia, Malawi, Denmark & Belgium. The uturns were not utilized well too. And no FF.
Ironically, I enjoyed the leg 5 in Thailand. When they went to Bangkok they had no idea of their placements. There was an element of surprise and thrill who will be first place.
I don't think 19 is overrated tho. Atleast, no one yet is overrating it.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »
19 is the worst season, without any doubt. But I don't think it's particularly overrated.

For me, most overrated season might have to be either TAR10 or TAR14. I just despised the TAR10 cast (except the Queens of course, as well as Peter & Sarah and some early exits) and for TAR14, I found it exceptionally dull at certain points, with yet another abysmal winning team. :res:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 12:11:37 PM »
Bad seasons: Season 19 and 16
Dull seasons: Season 12 and 18

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 08:16:46 AM »

Season 2 is my favorite. :lol:

I'd say it's Season 3 for me, honestly. Other than John Vito & Jill and Ken & Gerard, none of the teams were very likeable for me. Great route though, and the Zurich Detour (Count the Money or Run the Numbers) is still one of my favorite tasks ever, but as a whole, I can't really get engaged in this season.

I don't think there was anyone who really annoyed me.  Flo may have annoyed some but most of the time I thought she was alright.  Often the men are the weakest point in the worst seasons I think and I was able to tolerate them in this.  Ian was cantankerous at times but somehow could be funny.

Some mentioned 14 and that feels overrated I think.  Though I was able to watch it all whereas I struggled with 2, so I wouldn't say most overrated.  But Victor was so annoying in Translyvania and was one of those arrogant men who can tarnish some seasons.  I know we kept getting told how he had learnt his lesson, but I'll decide for myself on that.  And then there was Luke, pushed as a nice disabled guy early on I was never convinced about him being nice and much preferred those against him on the race.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
Season 17. It's seriously one of my least favorite seasons. And Season 9. And maybe Season 10, just because of how annoying the alliance was.
I LOVED Season 17. Had a GREAT route with the Russian Mystery leg and Oman and Bangladesh. Also, it had a very well-balanced cast.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 07:31:06 AM »
I LOVED Season 17. Had a GREAT route with the Russian Mystery leg and Oman and Bangladesh. Also, it had a very well-balanced cast.

Chad and Nick weren't great though, must have annoyed some.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 06:18:34 PM »
Leafsfan, I think you posted in the wrong topic. Did you want to post in the wishlist thread?

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »
Season 19 wasn't bad? It was just kind of weird...

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2021, 12:12:58 AM »
Season 9 seems to get a lot of love which I don't understand. It's like a lot of the seasons before it, but weaker...
BJ & Tyler always bothered me for targeting Joseph & Monica just because they didn't do something they wanted them to do from memory - very childish.
The non-elimination placement is abysmal - along with TAR4 & 12 for having the worst positioning. There were also the two teams dominating most of the race and a predictable boot order. Some legs were not that memorable, and did not find myself really enjoying it until the final five. I think how the teams were in general and how they interacted with each other and others was a slight turn off.

Season 17 is another many seem to love that I just can't get into that much. The locations weren't that great besides Ghana, Sweden and Norway but even then... you have underwhelming legs like the Norway episode... It just was not that exciting for me and is a forgettable season in my opinion.
Wadsy