Author Topic: TAR 20 2 hour FINALE East Coast Show Discussion!!  (Read 84742 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: TAR 20 2 hour FINALE East Coast Show Discussion!!
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »
If the final task has anything to do with a map puzzle, flags etc. I will definitely win! (unless someone else of equal knowledge is there as well :lol:)

Me too! Hopefully we don't race against each other! :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:56 PM »
Loved the last episode!! And the team I picked to win won...how about that LOL Congrats to Dave & Rachel, very deserving winners!  :hoot: Funny how Davechel were able to overcome their huge mistake but Brenchel weren't. Art & JJ could've easily won but it wasn't meant to be.
@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline Minnesota_Friend

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »

If the final task has anything to do with a map puzzle, flags etc. I will definitely win! (unless someone else of equal knowledge is there as well :lol:)

You are ON! Let's duel!!!  (I'm a geography freak too! I can get 100% correct from memory - no prompts - for Europe, North America and South America, plus the Atlantic Ocean islands, 90% 1st go-round for Asia, 80% for Africa and Oceania and the Indian Ocean islands.)

So get ready......start memorizing....apply AGAIN!  See ya there!

Offline Minnesota_Friend

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2012, 09:42:59 PM »
Thanks, Kandace!  Maybe I should not tout my memory skills after all!  :-[ :lol3:

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
 :wohoo:

I am impressed with R&D for not freaking out after their first visit to the finish line, and getting right back to the business of RAAAACING!  The other Rachel would have probably imploded on the spot if that had happened to her.

Well, each team had one significant mess up: A&J deciding to be "followers" (hehe) out of the airport, R&B with the random trip to Aloha Stadium (um, and only then do they really read the clue), and then R&D stumbling upon the finish line (it's like they were pulled in by a "winner" magnet).

Offline Minnesota_Friend

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »
Quote:  (it's like they were pulled in by a "winner" magnet).

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »
Kudos to whoever said that whichever team said the final episode title quote would win...they did win!
@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2012, 09:49:45 PM »
thank u CBS for AN AMAZING season..!! i loved it
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Minnesota_Friend

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
Okay...we absolutely NEED an international edition!!! (I wanna see Leafs_Fan - Quebec or Ontario? Well Canada, at any rate - my second-favorite country!!!)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
Regarding the tasks of the final leg: I felt that the climbing and rappelling was the best finale task in a few seasons. And the tasks that weren't as epic were still really good and relevant to the area.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »
my thoughts on the episode:

- I'm glad they paid respects in Hiroshima
- the RB was funny but I feel SO bad for Vanessa, she looked like she was in so much pain! But she's a trooper for pulling through
- i would LOVE to play sushi bingo!
- great final leg, tasks were well balanced out, climbing the towers was an AWESOME route info, and I'm happy with the finish order regardless of who made it into the F3

and i think this is the first time i am COMPLETELY satisfied after watch a season of TAR  :conf:
the locations, challenges, teams
and even though i didn't favour the boot order, i was happy with the winners  :)

here's to a great season, and awesome work to all the RFFers who helped spoilers  :ghug:

so PUMPED for TAR21  :wohoo:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
Is it just me, or does everyone feel satisfied with the season? I haven't felt that way with TAR in awhile

It was an awesome season. Idk how it could have been better. WRP excelled at the route and tasks in each episode (except Azerbaijan) and the casting was one of the all time classics, right up there with TAR14, 6, and 5!!

I'm more or less with Prophet. This was very close to an epic season. However, the ones I have in mind as better are AR7 and AR2. It easily outdistances every other Amazing Race after AR7.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »
Wooooowwwww! Phil was quoted as saying that Rachel of Dave & Rachel was his personal MVP for the race - for being highly competent, even-keeled and all that! She was outstanding in both Osaka and the final roadblock.

You got that right!! She is one of the all time racers, comparable to Gary and Cord in both skill and loveability!

Again, right church, wrong pew, Prophet. I agree that Rachel Brown was truly outstanding. I see that as putting him in a class with Zach (AR3; how could anyone forget him), Colin (AR5), Rob (AR7, very sneaky and using his fame to the max, but very effective) and Victor (AR14). Gary and Cord were very good but not in the same league as these. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »
So who do we pair Rachel with for allstars? This season's Brendan or 2nd Chance's Captain America himself  (Gary)!

Hey...if they split up two pairs to put one new pair in for 2nd Chances, they can give Rachel a more appreciative partner!

The one time World Race Productions allowed an assembled team the results were OK for Eric and Danielle but disastrous for viewers. It won't ever happen again, as CBS and WRP learned their lesson.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
Absolute BEST final roadblock - mentel OR phsyical! The map of the world used in TAR Family Edition! Won by that father of three girls! I want that roadblock on my season of TAR!
You were thinking of the Branson Family (my mistake on this has been corrected thanks to some helpful comments), but as someone above has pointed out it was the Linz Family that actually won the map challenge and AR8. I do want to bring something to your attention, the ages of the Branson sisters:
Lindsay, 20 when AR8 was run
Lauren 22
Elizabeth 25

Does that qualify them as "girls"? I don't think so.

I do agree that the map challenge was the best final leg mental challenge ROADBLOCK except possibly the AR12 scales/items.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:55:54 PM by apskip »

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
Oh well, some times the Bowling Mom Rule backfires
:lol:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
Absolute BEST final roadblock - mentel OR phsyical! The map of the world used in TAR Family Edition! Won by that father of three girls! I want that roadblock on my season of TAR!
You were thinking of the Godlewski Family, but as someone above has pointed out it was the Linz Family that actually won the map challenge and AR8. I do want to bring something to your attention, the ages of the Godlewski sisters:
Tricia 26 when AR8 was run
Christine 37
Sharon 39
Michelle 42

I do agree that the map challenge was the best final leg mental challenge ROADBLOCK except possibly the AR12 scales/items.
He said Father of the Three girls, referring to Wally Branson. Yes, they're girls.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »
You were thinking of the Godlewski Family, but as someone above has pointed out it was the Linz Family that actually won the map challenge and AR8. I do want to bring something to your attention, the ages of the Godlewski sisters:
Tricia 26 when AR8 was run
Christine 37
Sharon 39
Michelle 42

Pretty sure he meant the Bransen family (Wally and the 3 daughters) as the Godlewski sisters did not make the final 3.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »
I'm always loath to try and rank seasons, and I won't do it now, but I do agree that insofar as the route, tasks, and the course construction by WRP in general this was one of the best seasons since the early era of TAR (generally those seasons where the fast forward was not limited in its availability).
It has that feel to it the entire season, and the task designers did a really good job in making the tasks non-generic and difficult, thus forcing many teams to think through their choices.
Casting is a flavor of the month sort of thing, what some people like about some casts may be the reason why others don't like the same cast from the same season. But what we can comment on is how teams are edited. I've never been a fan of the editing as heroes or as villains in some seasons; I don't like the editors trying to force an opinion on me about the teams, and I've always been more partial to teams who competed well, and earned their way into the final legs; and I also like to recognize good teams who run into terrible luck.
By that standard I am grateful that the editors seemed to have mostly stepped away from that cartooning of teams this season, although I think they did pour it on a little too much with Mark-Bopper and Rachel Reilly-Vanessa, when we and they didn't need to do so. Otherwise, this was a quite competent cast, and it was a change to see a boot order that almost paralleled the average placement performances of the teams. The consistency of the teams after the second leg to the end of the Race was really unusual, but it's nice to know that it is possible to have teams sort themselves out by their own competence. So on that basis, I am pleased with the fact that the best three teams were the final three, and that Rachel-Dave got the opportunity to show how good as Racers they are by making an unprecedented mistake (although inadvertent) and still recover from it to win. As I alluded to in a post last night; while they are the first team to win eight legs (67% by a different measure), and the best performing winners ever, they still didn't quite catch Eric-Jeremy's record in TAR 9 for the best performing team placement average. (The difference -- Rachel-Dave's 6th place finish on leg 3; whereas Eric-Jeremy only had one finish as low as 4th their entire season.) But they deserve kudos for working through their circumstances and re-discovering how to really work together as a team, and for their consistency; not to mention setting that record of being the only team to finish a leg without finishing a task and without being eliminated. A very remarkable team; no doubt about it.
I was never surprised by Rachel Reilly's meltdowns over the course of this season; after watching her do this during the last two seasons of Big Brother, I would have been surprised had it been any other way. But kudos to her and Brendon for realizing what it is for what it is, and working beyond it, and those two, after all of the challenges they've imposed on themselves in the last two years in the eye of the camera, have certainly earned respect for being able to handle each other. It certainly is a better outcome than some other male-female teams that endured meltdowns and that did not survive over the long term.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:37:18 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
Season is over, time to focus on more important matters.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
Good post theschnauzers.....for a comparison on winning percentage.

Rachel/Dave         67%
Nick/Starr            64%
Megan/Cheyne     58%
Andy/Tommy       50%
Colin/Christie       46%
Tammy/Victor      45%
Matthew 7:15

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »
I'm curious how others perceived this:  The first part of the Finale seemed really odd camera-wise, like they all of a sudden had a bunch of amatuers running the cameras.  The camera on the floor of the train station when D/R got left behind looked like it had been set down, but left on, and they liked the argument and decided to use it.  In addition, a lot of the shots were looking up into the faces of the racers like the camera was being held in one hand at the cameraman's side, like he was carrying a suitcase instead of a camera.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2012, 08:45:40 PM »
I know I'm late to the party but...

CONGRATULATIONS DAVE & RACHEL!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: