Author Topic: Your first TAR season  (Read 45824 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your first TAR season
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:48 PM »
My first season was 4, AXN was broadcasting a marathon but I missed a couple of episodes. My first complete season was 5.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
5.... the good old days  :cmas26

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
Season 17 but i have seen almost all past seasons online and also on DVD :D

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
Season 7, out of nowhere I was like "Wait!, That's Santiago!" And then I look up the tv guide to know what I was watching, when could I watch it again and then I watched the Finale (I may have skip a few episodes) and found myself happy about Uchenna&Joyce winning, it was incredible... But the most memorable for me back in the day wathing AXN Latinoamerica was Season 8, because this was the moment I realize I really like traveling with my family and we were in this low budget thing where we couldn't really go anywhere after going to the south of Chile when I was 5 or something, and I remember missing that so The Amazing Race brought back that feeling of discovery :D

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
First episode was the original broadcast of the TAR6 finale. My first full season was Season 7!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2013, 05:11:28 PM »
 :cmas22  Started watching with the last few episodes of TAR2, but TAR 3 was my first full season.  Started "spoiling" the show in various online forums with TAR4.   ....the good old days!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:59:45 PM by Boingo »

Offline iChrisStoodley

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2013, 06:56:02 PM »
My first was season 22, so I'm kind of a newbie, lol. But I saw Joey on the TV and I was like "shoot, he's fine!" and that kind of led me to watch more and soon develop an addiction to the show! Haha. I really want to see some past seasons, though, especially the family edition since everyone hated that one :p
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:15:39 AM by TexasLady »

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
It was Saturday Night in April 2009 I decided to stay in and not go out.

I was flicking through the channels round 1 AM and came across something called "The Amazing Race", having a huge obsession with anything to do with Racing I decided to watch it.

As I live in Ireland, it was a re-run of Leg 1 Season 9. I missed the first 15 / 20 mins so teams were on their way to the airport, and I thought this was the greatest thing I'd ever seen!  :cmaslol

First thing the next morning I went onto Wikipedia to look it up and discovered that Season 14 was in the middle of airing, so I went back and tried to find the older seasons online, and watched them all, (except for season 8, which I still haven't seen), and I've stayed up to date with every season since!  :cmas22

Because of this, Season 9 is one of my favourite seasons, even though its far from the most exciting due to it basically being a 2 team race between the Hippies and Eric & Jeremy.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

I was flicking through the channels round 1 AM and came across something called "The Amazing Race", having a huge obsession with anything to do with Racing I decided to watch it.

As I live in Ireland, it was a re-run of Leg 1 Season 9. I missed the first 15 / 20 mins so teams were on their way to the airport, and I thought this was the greatest thing I'd ever seen!  :cmaslol

First thing the next morning I went onto Wikipedia to look it up and discovered that Season 14 was in the middle of airing, so I went back and tried to find the older seasons online, and watched them all, (except for season 8, which I still haven't seen), and I've stayed up to date with every season since!  :cmas22

Because of this, Season 9 is one of my favourite seasons, even though its far from the most exciting due to it basically being a 2 team race between the Hippies and Eric & Jeremy.

I'm Irish too and season 9 was my first season too  :cmaslol

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »

I'm Irish too and season 9 was my first season too  :cmaslol

Haha! Hi 5!  :cmas20
U didn't happen to see it on Challenge by any chance?  :cmaslol

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »
Challenge/Watch or Dave one of those  :cmaslol

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
Challenge/Watch or Dave one of those  :cmaslol

Was it the original airing of the season you seen? Or a re-run?

I think I remember seeing an episode of TAR years ago, before I even seen Season 9, but hadn't a clue what it was about.  :cmaslol

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2013, 09:33:11 PM »
I have watched almost every reality tv show like: Big Brother, America's Next Top Model, Top Chef, The X Factor etc. But one they my mom was watching CBS and I saw a preview of The Amazing Race S20 and I thought Brendon was cute so I watched the 1st episode and felt in love with the show.
Jason & Amy to win TAR23

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
it's Unfinished Business for me!! The episode where Jamie & Cara accidentally hit another car
instant infatuation, because to me girls with red hair are so damn attractive  :cmaslol

and then i proceed to watch TAR 14.

And become a fan

And Jamie & Cara are still one of my favorite team
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2013, 02:32:58 AM »
I saw a few episodes here and there of family edition and all stars before really getting into season 10 (Australian broadcast logic) and then I've watched since season 12

I got into it after I was referred by a friend back in school

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2013, 03:42:51 AM »
The switching-All-Stars-and-TAR10-by-7 stuff up <3

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
My first season was season 3 and the only people I ended up paying attention to was Phil and the winning team; especially Flo.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2013, 01:07:19 PM »
Season 20 was my first season. I then started rewatching previous seasons online in reverse order.
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

paldog123456

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »
My first season was TAR 16, specifically the Singapore leg. I was immediately hooked and began to watch reruns (sadly, I got bored towards the middle of TAR 23 and still haven't seen any leg in that season past the 1st Abu Dhabi leg).

TARP_Lover

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
My first was TAR 19 :P

I saw Bill/Cathi failing in Indonesia 1 and I was hooked  :cmaslol

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »
My first episode was the Sri Lanka one in TAR6, which started out with a dedication to the tsumani victims. Originally, I was hoping that all the previous seasons would come out on DVD, which never really happened.

First full season was TAR7, so I have a bit of a soft spot for this season. Afterwards, I would drop and come back to this show, thus not following TAR13-15 on CBS. But luckily, someone had the episodes on YouTube (which has since, been taken down).

When the 1st All-Stars rolled around, I would have to resort to bootlegs to watching the earlier seasons, though that would have not mattered for TAR4 and TAR6.

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »
Not quite up the standards of a true TARfly.

My first watched episode was season 1, leg 2.  But I did catch a rebroadcast of leg 1 later that week.
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
The first whole season I watched was Season 10, but the first leg was the Thailand leg in season 9. My first memory from the series was when I saw Garrett and Jessica in season 15 racing through Vietnam. But at that point I thought teams RAN around the world on foot, so I thought that it would be the most boring thing ever. But when I watched it, I was hooked for life  :hrt:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
My FIRST episode of TAR was Season 13, Episode 5. My family and I were flipping through the channels and we saw a floating village. My mom watched parts of the earlier seasons (Seasons 1-4) so she was familiar with the show. I saw Angkor Wat and was HOOKED.
My first FULL Season was TAR14. I didn't watch the first few episodes of TAR13 until a few years back, when I watched almost every season via YouTube. Sadly, most of the episodes are gone now due to Copyright.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
My first episode was "Be safe and don't hit a cow" from season 22 in Botswana. I was instantly intrigued…