Author Topic: Your first TAR season  (Read 45828 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: Your first TAR season
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2013, 11:57:50 PM »
Thanks for bringing back my old thread!

What was the first episode and season of The Amazing Race you ever saw? Time to bring back some nostalgia!

Mine was Season 9, Leg 10 (Ep. 11), with the crickets Fast-Forward and MOJO elimination. I still love that episode! :hearts:

By the way, in the poll, pick the season of the first episode you ever watched, not necessarily the first season in which you watched the entire season. :tup:

There is more story to it than just this however. Like I said, the above was my very first episode. After watching that one, I started watching in Season 10 and later obtained a recorded DVD of Season 9. I watched the rest of the season, and loved watching BJ & Tyler win. Meanwhile, I was enjoying Season 10 as it progressed. I stumbled upon an interesting discussion forum (RFF) in 2006, and saw a spoiler for TAR 10 Leg 6 (Kuwait). They had pictures of Tyler & James getting out of their car at the Kuwait Towers, as well as other teams. Pretty soon I had read most of the spoilers for that season, and as I watched, the season played out as RFF predicted.

I was hooked at that point. I watched TAR 11 and TAR 12, while following the spoilers closely. Finally, during June 2008 I couldn't resist, and joined RFF. Since then (with the exception of my two-year hiatus from TAR 17 to TAR 21) I have watched the show religiously, and have watched every season but 2, 8, and 18-21 (but I am currently going through 18).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2013, 12:13:01 AM »
For me, I first encountered TAR when I was about eight or nine years old. I was in my grandmother's room, and she just used to leave the TV on a random channel (using it as a light source :lol: ) and it so happened that the TAR5 premiere was on. I got really interested when I saw tiny little Charla hauling a massively disgusting chunk of meat through Argentina, and I fell in love with the show! I used to sneak up late to watch it during the TAR5-7 period and then once I was old enough to stay up late :lol: I watched every episode since! ;) I got super-interested in the show during TAR9, and that's when I started looking the show up online. ;)

I've obviously caught up and seen every season, except Season 1, which still eludes me for some reason. ???

Hehe, I first saw it when Charla was carrying the beef too! I wondered what the heck the show was because it was so strange :P

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2013, 12:55:48 AM »
My first TAR season I watched was season 1 when Nancy & Emily got eliminated in the first Thailand leg after they didn't complete their detour and received 24-hour penalty. It was aired on AXN back then in the early days of 2002.

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2013, 02:15:07 AM »
season 11! loved it!! :)
Creating Routes ~

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:21 AM »
Mine was the season 14 finale, I don't know why but when I saw Jaime and Cara, I just immediately rooted for them.  :luvya:
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2013, 06:19:01 AM »
I remember tuning into season 6 and insisting to stay up to watch the finale! :lol: I remember wanting Hayden & Aaron to win for some reason, but then the roadblock ended up being a disaster for them. :lol:

Offline jlim201

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »
Season 17, I changed the channel and saw someone getting hit in the face by a watermelon. :yess:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2013, 10:55:29 AM »
TAR5 Philippines 1 with Colin and Christie getting Yielded!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »
Season 14 Finale; Was rooting for Jaime & Cara to win back then.

Funny thing is the second episode I've ever watched was the Unfinished Business episode wherein Jaime & Cara were eliminated. I was like "What?!?! I thought they were in the finale."  :lol3:

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »
The first episode I watched was All-Stars 1,when Uchenna & Joyce got eliminated.

The first season was 12.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2013, 01:18:29 AM »
Season 17, I changed the channel and saw someone getting hit in the face by a watermelon. :yess:

One of the most amazing scenes ever on TAR. This, should be a switch back task.. not some lame spy task. *coughs*

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2013, 06:22:06 AM »
Think already posted here, but anyways. :lol:

My first season was TAR3, Final 5. Flo <3333 The broadcasting channel in my country broadcasted a weekly episode since TAR2 till TAR6. I saw some of them, but never loved the Spanish voices. So, I started to watch them on the Internet.

Because of that, I remember some great teams of my first seasons, AKA, Flo (& Zach), Monica & Sheree, Kelly & John, Linda & Karen... Those were great times. <3

Offline Ikurriņa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
TAR5 Philippines 1 with Colin and Christie getting Yielded!

Same! :wohoo:

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:34 AM »
Season 6! I remembered it was a task in Norway, at the IKEA Store.

I got so hooked when I learned that they have visited the Philippines.  :hearts: And up to this day, I'm still waiting for that season when the Philippines is visited again.  :hrt:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2013, 12:54:11 PM »
Season 6! I remembered it was a task in Norway, at the IKEA Store.

Noone should remember the IKEA thing when there was the epic haybales RB after that. lol

MrDeerShank

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2013, 01:59:05 PM »
And nobody should remember an IKEA task in Norway, cos it was in Sweden lol

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2013, 08:15:39 AM »
And nobody should remember an IKEA task in Norway, cos it was in Sweden lol

That is IKEA originated there.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2013, 08:22:03 AM »
loltrue

Offline jostor

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
The first season I saw was TAR2, it got to Swedish TV a few years later than it premiered in the US, and I was initially watching on and off for the first few seasons until I started being more of a serious fan and never missing an episode around season 13-14 or so.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2013, 08:40:19 PM »
The first episode I watched was TAR11 Ushuaia!

The first scene I saw was Rob confused with the signs detour. What caught my eye was he couldn't spell 'Philippines' correctly, which is my home country! Then later, I saw them battling it out with Charla & Mirna  :hoot:

That's were I began loving this show and rooting for Charla & Mirna. Later on I saw a TAR11 marathon on AXN, and that's the first season I watched fully.  :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »
That may be one of the few reality tv moments where I still yell at the screen when I rewatch it. I just couldn't believe someone as smart as Rob could screw that up so easily. And I still cringe during the mail roadblock every time I watch Mirna find the thing.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2013, 08:22:48 AM »
Mine was Season 12. I remembered I was a JHS back then.

Was rooting Nathan and Jen since Leg 1, the day they were almost got eliminated because of the donkey :D
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2013, 08:48:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure I remember watching the Suds or Duds detour in India (which I believe was from Season 4?). My brother was watching this show and I got hooked.

But the first /real/ season (where I remember watching religiously, per episode) was Season 8.

For Season 11 All-Stars, the only teams I couldn't remember/don't know were:
- John Vito and Jill (S3)
- Kevin and Drew (S1)
- Teri and Ian (S3)
- Joe and Bill (S1)
- Oswald and Danny (S2)

... which means I really didn't start prior S4 :lol:

P.S. (and fun sad fact): I still haven't watched S1 and S2 :( For S3, S4, S5, S6, and S7 my memory of the races were hazy. I plan to rewatch them once I have completed my illegal download :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »
Also a weird memory: back when I was a child I remember seeing a team check-in and they were team number 17 (!!!) :lol: :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
Also a weird memory: back when I was a child I remember seeing a team check-in and they were team number 17 (!!!) :lol: :lol:

What the h?