Author Topic: Your first TAR season  (Read 45832 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: Your first TAR season
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »
My first TAR is Season 11, when Rob and Amber were eliminated!! :hearts: It's when my home set up a cable TV.. Since then, I became a big fan of TAR, especially when they finally visit my country in Season 19!! :hearts: :hearts:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54:20 AM »
China Rush 1. Then S18, Australia, S19, S17, S20.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »
The first TAR episode I happened to watch was the Indian Rat Temple visit in TAR1 - Coincidentally, I saw that episode on AXN while visiting India!  (And I appreciate that the season was made available on DVD - of course I bought it when it came out)

The first season I watched on CBS was TAR3. I especially liked the finish line - which was just a mile from where I worked at the time!

Twenty seasons done - let's hope for another 20 more!
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »

:jam:

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2012, 03:08:23 AM »

:jam:

And I will not be surprised if Phil hosts TAR40!
It took about 11 years to complete 20 laps around the world.  If TAR is produced at the same pace, TAR40 will be airing in 2023, and Phil will be around 56 yrs old.  If a 55 yr old woman can have a shot at becoming a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, Phil should be able to host TAR at 56 - a piece of cake, right? :hoot:

(The sad thing is, Seattle may not even have light rail all the way across Lake Washington by 2023. :groan:)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:11:50 AM by kenchan »
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2012, 08:37:20 AM »
I hated reality TV. However, I was channel surfing and on channel 7 was this show where they were parachuting off a mountain. I thought, hmm, this is cool! Turns out that it was ep 2 of season 14, and i loved it - I record it each week and watch it when i get home on friday. I loved it so much that i went all the way back to season 1, and am up to season 12, episode 10 from my ipod, and have seen season 13 on another channel... that means that in 2 days (i watch an ep before i go to bed each night), i will have watched every tar episode!!!! Im still going to follow thru and watch up until season 20 on my ipod tho...

geez, i am a fanatic!
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »
My first season was season 1. I saw some commercials of the show and it looked so interesting that I decided to watch the first episode and now I'm still watching :tup: It was in 2004 when they started to show TAR in Finland. Starting from season 10 I've watched on American schedule on the internet.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 03:03:12 AM »
I think that was holy week, and there was a channel here in the Philippines that played a marathon of the season where Reichen and Chip won... then after that I can remember Kris and Jon and then there's Uchenna and Joyce...

After that... I watch the Family edition, I know that it was a replay but I still pray the Bransens to win...

My first really is TAR Season 9.... and I watch it without spoilers.  :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
It took about 11 years to complete 20 laps around the world. 
Including the internatioal version that have aired or will film and/or air by the end of the year, there is (or will be) 41 laps around the world.

TAR (21 season)
TARA and TARLA (4 season each)
TAR:CR (3 seasons)
TARAU and TARI (2 seasons each)
TARB,TARN,TARV,TARP AND TARF (1 season each)

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »
i was on the Eurovision forum once and they were playing the amazing forum race i thought that it was like car racing but i asked what that was and they told me that it was agame . i was intereste d so i started to watch it. first season was i think the amazing race 19 or the amazing race australia 1 . i got emotional at anne marie and tracy's elimination  :( and then i started to watch other seasons. i was just watching seasons to root for older teams or brother/sister teams :D and uchenna/joyce :D so once my favorites were out i was looking in wikipedia to see all the results. i wish i hadn't done that.  :(

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
My first season was S4, but i've seen 1-3 on DVD.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2013, 04:17:45 PM »
my first season is season 4 that I saw tv on air AXN then I really love fall in love on The Amazing Race because I lost which channel on this. Until I saw again I start I really happy and tear on Season 7.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
I first watch TAR is Season 17 on AXN. But the first TAR i was see is TARA 4
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »
My very first episode was TAR 17, ep 4. I loved the dog sledding, flight drama (hated the Speed Bump, but whatever) and loved the Nat/Kat win. This is why I love Nat/Kat since they're my first winners. This was during the actual airing of TAR 17, so I caught up by Sunday, and have watched almost every episode live since then.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
Second-last episode of Season 6 :P
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
TAR 17. I started watching only for kevjumba ... I loved that season so much I probably wasn't even rooting for Michael & Kevin :lol:

I'm so glad I started on 17, that was one of the best seasons in recent TAR.

I did catch up with some older seasons and the earlier seasons are golden!

Offline ilhamrizki

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2013, 05:33:23 PM »
TAR 17. I started watching only for kevjumba ... I loved that season so much I probably wasn't even rooting for Michael & Kevin :lol:

I'm so glad I started on 17, that was one of the best seasons in recent TAR.

I did catch up with some older seasons and the earlier seasons are golden!

Me too. I'm so sad Michael & Kevin eliminated. I cry for 10 minutes after Michael & Kevin eliminated
"Do not expect extraordinary result if you just do ordinary effort"

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2013, 06:14:26 PM »
I hit on it in the middle of season 3 while channel surfing. I remember thinking "Reality TV?!, who would want to watch this crap?". Joke was on me because I've been hooked ever since.

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2013, 06:15:17 PM »
My brother introduced me to TAR, but I couldn't remember which episode I watched first, but it was between one of these two:
- the episode where the taxi didn't want to take Nate & Jen to the pit stop because they were wet. I remember seeing Kent & Vyxsin for the first time and I thought they were transgenders!
- Poland in TARAS. I remember watching Charla & Mirna taking the horse to the pit stop and the sausage eating detour. I still remember seeing Dustin & Kandice and I was like WOW they're so pretty! :colors

The first season I watched all the episodes was S13. I stopped watching for a while between S19-S20.
I've watched the old seasons online though, I remember finishing TAR 10 in only 2/3 days because I was so addicted.
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »
TAR 12.  :luvya:

Watching Leg 1 with the donkeys started a long and happy journey as a fan of TAR.

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2013, 12:53:09 AM »
First episode: Season finale TAR 7, changing the channel on the tv, I saw, I liked, addicted.  :)
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2013, 01:34:53 AM »
Season 5 episode 3. This was around the time when New Zealand was only a couple of episodes behind the US. From then I was hooked.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2013, 07:44:37 AM »
TAR 3 FLO CHANGING HER BRA IN THE CAR AND HER BOOBS WERE CENSORED AND IT WAS ON PRIMETIME IN SINGAPORE AND I WAS LIKE... :colors :colors :colors :colors :colors :colors :colors

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
TAR 3 FLO CHANGING HER BRA IN THE CAR AND HER BOOBS WERE CENSORED AND IT WAS ON PRIMETIME IN SINGAPORE AND I WAS LIKE... :colors :colors :colors :colors :colors :colors :colors

Actually that was Arianne :P But yeah, I remember that.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2013, 12:01:07 PM »
Really?? I remembered it was Flo. But whatever it is, you don't get segments like that in conservative Singapore TV at 8pm! :lol3: