Author Topic: Your first TAR season  (Read 45821 times)

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Your first TAR season
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »
Leg 1 of Season 4. The most memorable moment that i can still remember is when Tian and Jaree is dead last then they caught up with Debra and Steve because I think Debra can't pass to some sort of an obstacle ( I forgot lol). Never missed any season after.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »
I don't know. It's TAR 2 when they are in Hongkong (forgot which leg). I was still 11/12 when it was aired in local TV in here in 2006 (Yeah, it's pretty late, I know). I was 6th grade back then, I think.

And that's why Tara & Wil still have a place in my heart :hearts: "I'm not a miner! No, you're an idiot." is so memorable :lol:

I forgot about this show and I skipped all the seasons until TAR 19 when I saw someone tweeting about TAR visited my country, so I looked up and fell in love again before rewatching the previous seasons :lol:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:26:27 PM by Theodorus »
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »
Season 1, Episode 1. Instant LOVE.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:36 AM »
The only people who I think can trump that are the season one Racers. :)

Maybe Bertram and Elise? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »
1st episode: TAR7 infamous 4kg beef roadblock @ AXN

I fall in love immediately  :hrt: and when i searched it at home

I realized it was having S11 and visiting HONG KONG - my hometown  :conf:

then I joined RFF and searched for S1 - S10 and so on ...

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
I forgot!  :lol:
Seriously. The oldest memory I have of TAR was the eating task. It was a live octopus in South Korea. Season 3. I remember the guy said, the octopus was moving in his mouth. The tentacles were moving.
TAR 5 was the first full time season I've watched. I was so impress by the show. I was rooting for Charla & Mirna.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »
The only people who I think can trump that are the season one Racers. :)

Maybe Bertram and Elise? :lol:

Now this gives me an idea... lets put phil bertram, elise, alan wu, and all the other hosts on the race. So who would check teams in you would ask? PHIL's DAD! BAHAHAHA

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »
1st episode: TAR7 infamous 4kg beef roadblock @ AXN

I fall in love immediately  :hrt: and when i searched it at home

I realized it was having S11 and visiting HONG KONG - my hometown  :conf:

then I joined RFF and searched for S1 - S10 and so on ...

About the "infamous" 4kg of beef RB in Mendoza, I'm gonna tell something:  they shouldn't start eating the meat.  They should start eating the other stuff, and in the end the meat.  This is how we made it (and that includes the salads).
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 12:11:59 AM »
I have the first 8 seasons on DVD and couldn't decide on which season to start watching, so I just popped in TAR 8. We'll see how long this lasts.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »
I have the first 8 seasons on DVD and couldn't decide on which season to start watching, so I just popped in TAR 8. We'll see how long this lasts.

Upload seasons 1 - 4 in youtube.  :hearts: :conf:
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 12:44:16 AM »
I need to watch TAR3 again! I haven't watched it for about 2 years, but before that, I had seen it about 10-15 times! Best season ever!!! :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »

Got up to the Leg 10 fake pitstop in 24 hours.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 12:20:27 AM »

Got the first 9 and a half legs done in 24 hours.

This is a legitim RFFer , ladies and gentleman.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 02:20:44 AM »

Got up to the Leg 10 fake pitstop in 24 hours.

Done with TAR 8. And I got the awesome TAR 9 preview at the end, of which I don't have.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »
My first was season 10, on the 9th leg. I got hooked because of the To Be Continued...
I guess that's why season 10 is in my Top 3 of best seasons..

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2012, 12:48:24 AM »

All seasons of all versions are already on youtube. PM me for the link.

Just started the Amazing Race Australia. Seems pretty good so far.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:22:21 AM by redwings8831 »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »

All seasons of all versions are already on youtube. PM me for the link.

Just started the Amazing Race Australia. Seems pretty good so far.

TARAus 1?  I rooted all the way for Sam & Renae.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »
I remember watching TV with my sister, and we caught the beginning of this show where they were introducing some teams. One of the first teams I saw was this team of hippies, with orange pants and fun-loving attitudes. I was instantly drawn to them. I continued watching to learn what this was about, and once I found out it was a race, I decided I would root for BJ & Tyler. My sister decided she liked team "MoJo" because they were cute. So we stuck with watching the show, where I got to see my team win. Since then we've been watching every season together, for over 6 years now!
So season 9 was my first and still my favorite.  :hrt:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
Started with a marathon of Season 4, watched 5 and 6 weekly, bought the Season 7 DVD and then watched the rest on their respective airdates
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
Season 6, episode 5.

I can honestly say I don't know how I got hooked because I was 9 at the time and it was the infamous Jon/Victoria fight at pit stop leg. My parents heard all the yelling and made me change the channel.

My next episode was Season 6, episode 8. I literally turned to it right as Victoria was screaming about her finger. After that, I didn't really watch the show except for change to it every once in a while.

I saw season 7 episode 4 and finale. They seemed great. The next time I saw it after that was Family edition. I heard them talking about Park City, and I've lived near there before. I then watched the rest of FE, falling in love.

Since I saw previews for season 9, I watched it till leg 3 since it was past my bed time. :P Once it changed to Wednesdays, I watched it from leg 5 on. Season 10 came and I loved the premiere.
Of course, then another problem arose. The air date changed to sunday, and I do not watch TV on sunday. (Religious views) I recorded it and watched it on tape till season 14 when I finally got DVR. I would watch the episodes on Monday morning at 5 am with my brother.

I definitely had a lot of obstacles keeping me from the show, but for some reason I stuck with it. Season 15 and 16 were horrible, but I watched season 17 and it was refreshing. I stopped watching the show actively starting season 19. I watched a few eppies of seasons 19 and 20, but they just don't have that magic. I have been rewatching TAR 7 and 9, and they have that definite magic for me.

I hope to come back to the show, but only if it convinces me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:43:01 PM by Snooky »

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »
Well I watched 5 mins of TAR 1 Leg 12 and turned it off as it was time to sleep. I watched the season finale the following week and I was hooked ever since. I think I have watched every episode of TAR, though I don't remember all of them!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
The first episode I saw was in Season 16 with the stacking glasses and pouring wine on it. Then I remember seeing the Seychelles episode in that Season. My third episode I remember watching was the fake food roadblock in China in Season 17 and Nick & Vicki getting the 6 hour penalty.

I finally got hooked on Season 18 episode 2, and I watched that season. That summer, I went on YouTube and watched Seasons 12-17, seeing who the people on Unfinished Business were. I remember watching a season in one day. One day I went back and watched the Family Edition.

I still need to watch Seasons 1-7 and 9-11.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
Season 1, Episode 1. Instant LOVE.

Same here.
I was walking by and my mom said "Look at this!" It was Mommaly zip lining across the gorge. I was impressed and have never missed and episode.
It was far better then the similar NBC show. I think they only got two seasons.

Les Moonves and the CBS honchos were so thrilled with the first episodes that TAR was delayed to be a "full" series and not a summer series as Big Brother was.

This was true. If memory serves me, they ordered two seasons before any aired.

Offline randomperpie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
The first episode I remember watching was TAR 2 in the Australian Outback, 9th leg I think, the one with the golf/mining detour. I don't know of I watched the original broadcasting of it (Back then I was about 7 years old, so I doubt it), but I'm pretty sure it was the first episode I watched.

I didn't watch TAR 3 through 7 for whatever reason, and then I saw the Family Edition commercials and thought that it would be interesting, so I decided to watch a couple episodes, and then lost interest.

I remember bits a piece of TAR 9 through 12, I specifically remember TAR 10 and 12 though, so I mist of watched those seasons quite a bit.

The first full season I watched was 13, and 14 got me hooked, one of my favourite seasons to date. I watched pretty much every episode since, with the exception of TAR 16 legs 7 through 10, that season was bad (I watched them later on YouTube). Now I'm going back and watching the seasons I missed, already got the first 6 down, on 7, and hoping to get 7 through 12 done by the end of the year.

Offline BlueRabbit

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 08:12:24 PM »
I remember watching the Malaysia leg of All Stars and I fell in love with the show. Charla and Mirna destroying some cookies, Danny and Oswald fighting over race money and a surprising elimination (because I missed the first part of the show, I didn't even know the "eliminated team" was actually racing, too).

Then we had two non-elimination legs but I think those made me feel invested in the show as I was getting to know more and more about this very small group of people.

I never missed an episode on AXN afterwards, and when TAR 14 was over and I had some time off, I started watching seasons 1-10, plus the first legs of TAR 11. It is currently one of two TV shows I have to inexcusably watch within the week it airs.