Author Topic: Your first TAR season  (Read 45938 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your first TAR season
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2014, 04:36:40 PM »
I am fairly new to Tar but have watched every single season I'm not from the us so i can't watch it on TV. I watch Joey Gracceffa on Youtube and he said something about a race around the world I watched season 22 I watched all the way back to season 12 and then season 23 came out. I actually never watched seasons 11 - 1 until a few months ago because I couldn't find a youtube channel that showed it so thx JOEY

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2014, 09:49:30 PM »
My first season is China Rush 1.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2014, 09:54:22 PM »
My first season was Season 1 back in 2001, however I got hooked into it by Season 3 in 2002! Teri & Ian are my favourite team for this reason.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 10:28:07 PM »
TAR 3, where Flo was changing out of her bra during one episode and then subsequently had a confrontation with Teri and Ian.

In my mind, I was 12 at that time, thinking WTH is this doing on primetime tv (8pm shown in Singapore) and why are all these people crazily running around in beautiful places BUT not being nice to each other. Flo was screaming, Teri and Ian were being mean and then Ken and Gerard were twin hunting.

BUT I got hooked because I wanted to see them race in Singapore in TAR 3.

And I got terribly hooked until now because the team I rooted for (Flo and Zach), I don't know why, won.

Till now I still like Flo and Zach even though I thought Flo was a complete ass. :funny:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:33 AM »
My first TAR season was season 1 around episode 9 in Thailand when it was aired on AXN channel, in which Nancy & Emily eliminated in the first Thailand leg occurred a longer 24-hour penalty that didn't do the Detour. I wasn't dreaming enough my brother told me to watch the show and had no potential interest on watching reality TV other than Survivor.

Anyway, my first full TAR season was season 2 (also aired on AXN channel) and I continue to watch the show ever since, with the exception of season 13, in which I watched a couple of weeks after that season ended.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:29:23 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2014, 04:55:18 AM »
My first episode was Season 5 episode 3 with the second leg in Argentina. One of the teams I loved were Charla & Mirna at the chocolate task. From then I fell in love with the show and have watched it since
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »
My first season to watch is Season 3, where I only remember Ken & Gerard punting the boat at Cambridge, Teri & Ian My Pants is Falling Down, paper underwear and "We're comin Phil", Flo keeps screaming and whining to Zach. (I watched this show around 12 years old)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2014, 06:22:55 AM »
I've watch some episode of TAR 5 but TAR 6 got me hooked. I remember rooting for Adam & Rebecca and Lori & Bolo, crying because of Lena/Kristy elimination and laugh at Jonathan/Victoria meltdown...

My favorite season got to be 5,6,10,11,14,17,18,23

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »
TAR 17 with KevJumba!
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2014, 11:14:49 AM »
I've watch some episode of TAR 5 but TAR 6 got me hooked. I remember rooting for Adam & Rebecca and Lori & Bolo, crying because of Lena/Kristy elimination and laugh at Jonathan/Victoria meltdown...

We should be friends, just need to add Kris and Jon into the list.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »
My first season was TAR 1, when they started showing TAR reruns on GSN, I think starting around 2005-ish.

In 2001, I was too young to know what an Amazing Race even was :funny:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »
My first season was TAR 1, when they started showing TAR reruns on GSN, I think starting around 2005-ish.

In 2001, I was too young to know what an Amazing Race even was :funny:
likewise :lol:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2014, 08:35:04 PM »

EAOWadsy

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »
Season 5 episode 5 - Cairo, Egypt. I remember Colin & Christie climbing the Cairo Tower, and Charla & Mirna dominating the leg. I was 13 at the time, and was recommended the show by my mother at the time.

I did see bits of the Dubai leg, and the entire New Zealand leg and was hooked considering that I am from Auckland. I saw the harbour bridge challenge on the following leg, and that was it.

The season that got me hooked however was TAR 6. I saw the first three episodes, and everything from Ethiopia onwards. It was and it still my favourite of all the seasons. I watched all of Season 7 but remember not liking it as much because of the route, and didn't find it quite as interesting despite loving it.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2017, 07:19:38 PM »
I first started to watch TAR22, cause I was young at the time and didn't know what the show was. It was airing on Channel 7 and my mother had asked if wanted The Amazing Race taped. I said yes and now it is my favourite TV show!

I have seen season 1-5 on YouTube, TARA 1, TARC 1 and 2 and all versions of TARAus. It is my mission to watch every single English-speaking episode of TAR!

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »
My first was TAR 17! I was a big fan of KevJumba (from Michael and Kevin) and his videos and I discovered his recap videos from when he was on the Race so I started to check it out. The first time I watched it, I stopped watching after he was eliminated (also I was stupid to look at the wikipedia page for it so I knew who won), but two years later I got bored and wanted to watch a new show so I watched the entirety of 17 with my mom. Then my mom wanted to see Gary and Mallory again so we made the mistake of watching 18 and 24 as our 2nd and 3rd seasons, which kind of ruined season 12 and 14-23. Biggest mistake.