Author Topic: Should the Intersection be brought Back?  (Read 11601 times)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Should the Intersection be brought Back?
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
its been awhile since we have seen this twist last time i can rember was all stars (11) I think this twist would of been great this season. Imagine Vanessa and BB rachel having to do the manure task together. Also I think what they should do is have teams intersected for longer. For Example do a task to get you to point A. Intersected there. From there you have a detour and a u-turn. At the uturn box u get the roadblock were 1 person represents the 4. then after that they are intersected no more.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Should the Intersection be brought Back?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
There was one in TAR 16 ;D

I would like to see it again.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »

there was? who was intersected what leg? o wait that roadblock... see that was a unique one and seasons 14-17 are all a blurr in my mind

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:04:03 PM »
I think it should be used more, however, I do not believe when Roadblocks come, only 1 person represents the four. Then it would ruin the Roadblock count. I think the Intersection was/is a good twist. One idea I had once was a all leg intersection except for travel plans (i.e. at the first route marker), then have the leg be a double elimination (meaning the last intersected team to arrive at the map will be eliminated).

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »
I think it should be used more, however, I do not believe when Roadblocks come, only 1 person represents the four. Then it would ruin the Roadblock count. I think the Intersection was/is a good twist. One idea I had once was a all leg intersection except for travel plans (i.e. at the first route marker), then have the leg be a double elimination (meaning the last intersected team to arrive at the map will be eliminated).
A Roadblock with an Intersection has one member from each individual team doing the Roadblock, so it's a 2-person Roadblock
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »
A Roadblock with an Intersection has one member from each individual team doing the Roadblock, so it's a 2-person Roadblock

Yeah, I know! I was just commenting on the starter post.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »
I wasn't a huge fan of them but I wouldn't mind seeing them again. I'd love a twist where the teams were completely shuffled for a leg and both team members in the last place team would have their partners eliminated along with themselves in an evil double elimination. Then again, maybe I'm just looking for something forcing bickering people to work together that's not an intersection. :P

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »
See i understand what ur sayin about the roadblock count. THe race is smart and will find a way around it. i just wasnt to fond of that roadblock. and
I wasn't a huge fan of them but I wouldn't mind seeing them again. I'd love a twist where the teams were completely shuffled for a leg and both team members in the last place team would have their partners eliminated along with themselves in an evil double elimination. Then again, maybe I'm just looking for something forcing bickering people to work together that's not an intersection. :P
that would be really evil.... to evil for my taste in fact  )-**

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »
It's difficult for me to think of any change to TAR that I've disliked more than the Intersection, because of it being the antithesis of what the show was originally about.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
I love the Intersection . I think we should have more of them.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:11 PM »
I dislike the intersection because the BQs always arrive 3rd and have to wait.  :gaah:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »

if it counts there were 2 on the Australian version

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 09:59:37 AM »
I dislike the intersection because the BQs always arrive 3rd and have to wait.  :gaah:

haahaha although you gotta admit it made for one of the most interesting team combos and anything done in s11.

Also what if (ik this would never happen but) theres an intersection during a double leg.. like phil hands them the clue. to go somewhere and bam! intersection. or just a team is intersected aftr the roadblock. until the 2nd legs detour. hahahah that would be intense

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:19:28 AM »
I love the Intersection . I think we should have more of them.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline MCPorche

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 11:04:43 AM »
I like the "concept" of the intersection...but at the same time, I can see a logisitical/strategic nightmare.

Imagine if the "make a rope" task this week would have been an intersection instead (and one of the first four teams was no longer in the race)....You have three teams leave the pitstop within 30 minutes of each other, and race to the clue.  The third team shows up a few minutes behind the second team...Now they have to wait almost 4 hours for Mark and Bopper to show up. 

That's what I'm afraid of happening, a team getting a serious time penalty simply because another team screwed up on a previous leg, or missed a flight, or something like that.

Now, the challenge I'd love to see show up is the "Fork in the Road."  It's a combination detour and roadblock.  Reading the clue gives you two cryptic clues (for example "Who's got a taste for the finer things in life?" and "Who's up for some fun?")  The team has to each select one of the two clues, and they each head off to do their own road block.  When completed, they are given a clue that leads them to a meeting point.  When both players arrive at that point, they are given the clue to the next location.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 11:36:26 AM »

Like in the Hamburg, Germany, leg of TAR16, where they had to perform a Bungee jump RB while they were Intersected.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
A mental & physical intersection would be great. So the two teams will be really working with each other. The intersection in Hamburg was lame.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
A mental & physical intersection would be great. So the two teams will be really working with each other. The intersection in Hamburg was lame.

I'm agree with you.  If I have to choose, I prefer the first time Intersection appeared in TAR history:  TAR10, Leg 8, Madagascar.  The Beauty Queens (working with the Cho Brothers) beating Tyler & James + Rob & Kimberley, despite the fact this two teams won an Intersected Fast Forward. :ya3:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »

I'm agree with you.  If I have to choose, I prefer the first time Intersection appeared in TAR history:  TAR10, Leg 8, Madagascar.  The Beauty Queens (working with the Cho Brothers) beating Tyler & James + Rob & Kimberley, despite the fact this two teams won an Intersected Fast Forward. :ya3:

That was an awesome moment!
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »
I like the "concept" of the intersection...but at the same time, I can see a logisitical/strategic nightmare.

Imagine if the "make a rope" task this week would have been an intersection instead (and one of the first four teams was no longer in the race)....You have three teams leave the pitstop within 30 minutes of each other, and race to the clue.  The third team shows up a few minutes behind the second team...Now they have to wait almost 4 hours for Mark and Bopper to show up. 

That's what I'm afraid of happening, a team getting a serious time penalty simply because another team screwed up on a previous leg, or missed a flight, or something like that.

Now, the challenge I'd love to see show up is the "Fork in the Road."  It's a combination detour and roadblock.  Reading the clue gives you two cryptic clues (for example "Who's got a taste for the finer things in life?" and "Who's up for some fun?")  The team has to each select one of the two clues, and they each head off to do their own road block.  When completed, they are given a clue that leads them to a meeting point.  When both players arrive at that point, they are given the clue to the next location.
I think this is a great idea, the only possible problem I see would be the extra cameraman needed to follow both.  The tension would be classic as one got to the meeting point and had no clue how long the other would take to arrive.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »

I think this is a great idea, the only possible problem I see would be the extra cameraman needed to follow both.  The tension would be classic as one got to the meeting point and had no clue how long the other would take to arrive.

In Madagascar, TAR10-8, after the Intersection ended, the teammate of the member of the team who was performing the RB had to wait at the PitStop for the partner to check toghether; and it happened what you said.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 09:18:58 PM »
See i understand what ur sayin about the roadblock count. THe race is smart and will find a way around it. i just wasnt to fond of that roadblock. and

Imagine Rachel and Vanessa...

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:17 PM »

Imagine Rachel and Vanessa...

We already had something close to this, and it was, once again, in Madagascar, TAR10-8:  David & Mary - with a 30' penalty over they heads if they not win the leg (for 2nd time in the season) - ended eliminated after work in the Intersection with Bama in the matresses Detour and been released for the RB.  Bama checked in fifth place, and Kentucky arrive last - by the way, they were allies -.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
We already had something close to this, and it was, once again, in Madagascar, TAR10-8:  David & Mary - with a 30' penalty over they heads if they not win the leg (for 2nd time in the season) - ended eliminated after work in the Intersection with Bama in the matresses Detour and been released for the RB.  Bama checked in fifth place, and Kentucky arrive last - by the way, they were allies -.
[/quote]

see i want a longer intersection if it is brought back that is.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »
It's not nice to have a intersection on the end of the episode , like .

You are no longer intersected

Drive to the next pit stop...

That wouldn't work . The two teams would obviously go together to the pit stop.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard