Author Topic: Should There Be More Fast Forwards  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
Should There Be More Fast Forwards
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »
i was watching kaylanis show on rtvzone last night and the unspeakable happened. I found my self to be agreeing with Jonathan Baker. I think there should be a fast forward every legs up until leg 8, like jonathon said it requires more strategy. So I'm Pro Fast Forward are you?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Should There Be More Fast Forwards
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »
i was watching kaylanis show on rtvzone last night and the unspeakable happened. I found my self to be agreeing with Jonathan Baker. I think there should be a fast forward every legs up until leg 8, like jonathon said it requires more strategy. So I'm Pro Fast Forward are you?

I've had a similar sensation :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »
They should alternate between one and three, to keep teams guessing. I think Art & JJ took the first one because they thought it would be the only one, and I'm sure teams were shocked to see a third one that late in the game. So I guess having a random number each season will keep teams thinking if they should be strategic or if they should not waste their only chance.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:16:57 AM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
I'm cool with having FF every leg if it's extra harder or daring. Not a random one like unloading hays from a truck, eww.  :lol:
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »
They should alternate between one and three, to keep teams guessing. I think Art & JJ took the first one because they thought it would be the only one, and I'm sure teams were shocked to see a third one that late in the game. So I guess having a random number each season will keep teams thinking if they should be strategic or if they should not waste their only chance.

I totally disagree. If i were to run the race as of now. I would take the Fastforward no matter what for the heck theres only 1-3. Now theres no strategy involved there. While in the earlier seasons it was deffinitly more strategic which is what i enjoyed. PLus fastforward of races gone by seemed like fun. I would have loved to go down to victoria falls boiling pot

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »
It was better when there was one on every leg. Remember what the early ones were? Walk to the bottom of this hill. Talk to this surfing guy. Eat a couple meat pies. Talk to this random shop vendor. Look under some rugs. Grab the Fast Forward floating in a swimming pool. Eat some cheese... Then Season 4 had to ruin it by making them extremely expensive. Here's a ballroom full of dancers and you have to carry some glasses without dropping them. Not to mention the Fast Forwards weren't used much in that season anyway.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »
I feel Fast Forwards should be more difficult and there should be around three to five in a season. I think this still has the strategy, have them be slightly difficult/competitive, and still have the possibility of them all being used.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:35 PM »
I feel Fast Forwards should be more difficult and there should be around three to five in a season. I think this still has the strategy, have them be slightly difficult/competitive, and still have the possibility of them all being used.

to me 3 seems to few. 5 seems like a good number for now.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 02:56:54 AM »
I like the random number idea.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:34 AM »

I definitely agree. Jonathan stated during the recap there hasn't been three or more FFs (unaired not included) since SEASON 4, and I was shocked! I loved having FFs every leg, it's great that they've brought 3 for this season, and I would love more in future seasons, maybe not EVERY leg but every SECOND leg  :)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »
hmmmm i wonder why would  you do it every to legs up until leg 8 (cuz a fast forward on leg 9 is just cruel) you would only have 4 fast forwards..

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
I love Fast Forwards! I wish that there was one on every leg, but as that would probably not be the wisest financial move for the producers, a minimum of 3 should be seen on every race! That would be perfect! :)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
I love Fast Forwards! I wish that there was one on every leg, but as that would probably not be the wisest financial move for the producers, a minimum of 3 should be seen on every race! That would be perfect! :)

3 minmum is alrite mayb 5? Wuld b okay

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
I'd like to see one about every other leg.  NOT on a leg where the first team to start has the only real shot at it though.

I thought the head-to-head hay stacking fast-forward challenge was pretty exciting due to the competition and the result. The team who got it won the leg, and the team that tried but failed got knocked out of the race.  That's different from the typical fast-forward which has one team attempt it at a time, and the 2nd team only gets a chance if the first team fails.  Then the 2nd team can quickly assess the situation and head back to the regular tasks without a big loss of time.  There's not as much of a risk then.

I also like the idea of someone being able to use a Fast-Forward to pull off a come-back like Mark/Bopper almost did.  It was awesome to see Art and JJ sweating that one out!