Archive > The Amazing Race 20 Spoilers

TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii

<< < (54/55) > >>

Cocoa:

--- Quote from: Prophet on May 07, 2012, 06:44:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dånooky on May 06, 2012, 09:31:57 PM ---For a physical finale, it was pretty good.

--- End quote ---

I liked how the final roadblock exemplified the season. It was a physically demanding task that also required skill. This seemed to be the kind of tasks they wanted to focus on this time. Which is good because they make for great viewing.

This was not a superbly designed finale but it was at least a step above the worst ones like 15 and 19. There were plenty of position changes!

--- End quote ---

I'd take 15 over this one. IMO it has greater shuffle of positions, more exciting tasks (albeit physical).

eragon:
OMG! Art & JJ were soooooooooooo close of winning this race! If it was a mental TAR challenge, they could have easily won the final leg due to Rachel/Dave's mistake!

north09:
Well for me that was the most unlikeable final 3 ever. Other than Brendon and blonde Rachel, I couldn't root for the others. So I'm glad that blonde Rachel, who had the idea of applying for the show and was enthusiastic about the race, won in the end. I'm sure Dave isn't that bad a guy either.

apskip:

--- Quote from: maxen on May 06, 2012, 09:13:24 PM ---And where was the mental challenge for this leg?  :duno:

--- End quote ---
It was figuring out where the Twin Towers were. They were given the concept "twin" and the words Mauka and Makai and had to solve the puzzle with local help. 

bcp19:
From watching the finale, Kawela bay is my best estimate for the location of the Jetskis.  I say this cause you see Art/JJ's Helo go past Waimea bay, a quick view of Sunset Beach Neighborhood Park and then past the shot from the Ep 1 Preview thread pic 18.  Kawela Bay Beach Park looks like the location the Helo's landed and where Hanopu St hits Kamehameha Highway looks like the scene where R/D get into their Taxi.

I also looked up a site to figure time of day from shadows, and if my calculations are correct, chateau had the correct shadow length, but calculated before zenith instead of after for B/R at Sand Island in the promo vid.  I estimate B/R were at Sand Island walking to the helicopters between 1330 and 1345.  The taxi to Aloha Stadium would have been about 25 minutes (9.3 miles) each way(depending on traffic), so looks like they lost close to an hour from this.

It looks like D/R's taxi took them to Tropical Farms instead of Coral Kingdom, which are ~1/2 mile apart and would explain how they found the paddleboards instead of the R/B.

Fewer places than I expected in the final leg, but one heck of a finish.  I give WRP props for the edit, up until the Sand Island RB mistake, it looked like we'd have D/R turned away with B/R winning, or a B/R turned away with D/R winning.  Then it looked like A/J might win after D/R were turned back, but that ending I never expected, especially after seeing they had to paddle across the pond.

Here's a picture of the route D/R took in getting to the finish mat twice:  Red square is where I think Taxi dropped them off, yellow square is the mat, blue square is the RB, and of course the red line is their path.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version