Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii  (Read 126362 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii
« Reply #250 on: May 06, 2012, 04:23:32 PM »
I thought Aet and JJ cant win because of the Leg 3 curse?? :O

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

The curse is more powerful than Murtz :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »
What if...all teams get turned away from the Finish Line? I mean, maybe they get a clue telling them to run to the Finish Line and they get a surprise final clue from Phil
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

paldog123456

« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
What if...all teams get turned away from the Finish Line? I mean, maybe they get a clue telling them to run to the Finish Line and they get a surprise final clue from Phil

IDK why, but I had this premonition as well. It seems unlikely, but it could be a new evil twist. I mean, the promos keep saying that the race doesn't end at the Finish Line or something.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
I'll have more information later, but Rachel-Dave ended the Race with the second best average placement in TAR history, second only to Eric-Jeremy in TAR 9. The difference? Their 6th place finish in leg 3. (E-J's worse leg was 4th.) Otherwise they would be the best performing team average ever; as it is they now are the best performing winners in the 20 seasons of the show.
-- theschnauzers

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »
And where was the mental challenge for this leg?  :duno:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »
Looking for the flag from the tower. (And getting locals who knew where teams were supposed to be going. Honolulu cabbies aren't any better than some other places the show has been to; I'll grant you that. (And I loved the Hawaii Five-Oh tie in.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »
For a physical finale, it was pretty good.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
We do now know that the scene of Rachel yelling at Brendon was due to a mistake that they did not recover from.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 Honolulu,Hawaii
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »
We do now know that the scene of Rachel yelling at Brendon was due to a mistake that they did not recover from.

We were close; remember?:

That's why I said "someone who knows it could correct me about it"; and I haven't seen yet the promo pic you're talking about (at least at the moment I made my previous post); pic that you can maybe post and share it with us. :tup:
If you look on Page 6, a couple posts past the vid cap, you see R/D in the upper left with D taking off gloves, R/B in the upper right, heading towards a clue box, A/J lower left on a dock and R/V lower right with a blacked out background.  Using Googlemaps, I am about 99% sure I found the location where the cluebox B/R are running towards was, which is on the east side of the park that you later see them walking through and arguing in the vid.  My $.02, they take a taxi/drive to the cluebox location, get out and run to it, run back and get their backpacks, head through park and argue.  They are over 1/2 a mile from the cluebox where Rachel throws her bag at Brendon.

First:  ¡Ahhh, you mean that pic!  I thought you were talking about a new one.  My apologies.
Second:  We agree about the taxi ride.   :yess:. (no chopper no jetski)
Third:  According to your spec, clue must especify that they must walk to the next task o route marker/info because it should be close to that place.  If they found the clue box you skillfully located without problem - and I mean not wasting too much time - , and they are doing what the clue demands, the question is "what are they arguing about?" (or maybe is just another of Rachel's "drama queen moments"). )-**
I think you may have hit the nail on the head with the drama queen.  Considering what we know of the timeline, R/B finished the towers 2nd and it seems likely they saw the 1st place team leave, so they KNOW they are not in 1st.  I don't know about the 1st place team, but it is known that B/R were on top of the towers for close to an hour before descending.  If anything held them up, I can see her falling apart, since 1) they have no idea how many tasks there will be(ie: time to possibly catch up), 2) they know they are not in 1st and possibly 3) the helo ride is from the park AND at scheduled intervals, which puts them that much farther behind.  This close to the end, she is going to be over the top, just like during BB last year.  Edit: Maybe they even ran out of money and had to walk.

There's a possible number 4 option:  they got the clue at 1097 Sand Island Parkway clue box, and the clue could say something like "look for the jetskis (or the next task) on some especific location of Sand Island Park's beach" and maybe Brendon believed that it was close to the clue box's place, and that's why they released the taxi.  According to your map, it's a straight direction walk to the portion of beach in front of the clue box location.  When they found nothing there, maybe they asked somebody for help, they were told that is near the blue square point, what makes Rachel give us another of her drama queen moments because of the long walk, blaming Brendon for the mistake and - as you stated -  the loss of time.
(Just another theory  :duno:<)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:17:26 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2012, 10:38:40 PM »
I'm so glad Murtz Jaffer was wrong. Thank God the guys didn't win.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »

I totally missed on the 'lava sleds' though, they were close to the P/S and I was thinking it was the other side of the island.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2012, 06:44:27 AM »

I liked how the final roadblock exemplified the season. It was a physically demanding task that also required skill. This seemed to be the kind of tasks they wanted to focus on this time. Which is good because they make for great viewing.

This was not a superbly designed finale but it was at least a step above the worst ones like 15 and 19. There were plenty of position changes!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »

I totally missed on the 'lava sleds' though, they were close to the P/S and I was thinking it was the other side of the island.

But we didn't know that the first RB was in Sand Island Beach Park either.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »

I liked how the final roadblock exemplified the season. It was a physically demanding task that also required skill. This seemed to be the kind of tasks they wanted to focus on this time. Which is good because they make for great viewing.

This was not a superbly designed finale but it was at least a step above the worst ones like 15 and 19. There were plenty of position changes!

I'd take 15 over this one. IMO it has greater shuffle of positions, more exciting tasks (albeit physical).
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
OMG! Art & JJ were soooooooooooo close of winning this race! If it was a mental TAR challenge, they could have easily won the final leg due to Rachel/Dave's mistake!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
Well for me that was the most unlikeable final 3 ever. Other than Brendon and blonde Rachel, I couldn't root for the others. So I'm glad that blonde Rachel, who had the idea of applying for the show and was enthusiastic about the race, won in the end. I'm sure Dave isn't that bad a guy either.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »
And where was the mental challenge for this leg?  :duno:
It was figuring out where the Twin Towers were. They were given the concept "twin" and the words Mauka and Makai and had to solve the puzzle with local help. 

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2012, 04:17:54 PM »
From watching the finale, Kawela bay is my best estimate for the location of the Jetskis.  I say this cause you see Art/JJ's Helo go past Waimea bay, a quick view of Sunset Beach Neighborhood Park and then past the shot from the Ep 1 Preview thread pic 18.  Kawela Bay Beach Park looks like the location the Helo's landed and where Hanopu St hits Kamehameha Highway looks like the scene where R/D get into their Taxi.

I also looked up a site to figure time of day from shadows, and if my calculations are correct, chateau had the correct shadow length, but calculated before zenith instead of after for B/R at Sand Island in the promo vid.  I estimate B/R were at Sand Island walking to the helicopters between 1330 and 1345.  The taxi to Aloha Stadium would have been about 25 minutes (9.3 miles) each way(depending on traffic), so looks like they lost close to an hour from this.

It looks like D/R's taxi took them to Tropical Farms instead of Coral Kingdom, which are ~1/2 mile apart and would explain how they found the paddleboards instead of the R/B.

Fewer places than I expected in the final leg, but one heck of a finish.  I give WRP props for the edit, up until the Sand Island RB mistake, it looked like we'd have D/R turned away with B/R winning, or a B/R turned away with D/R winning.  Then it looked like A/J might win after D/R were turned back, but that ending I never expected, especially after seeing they had to paddle across the pond.

Here's a picture of the route D/R took in getting to the finish mat twice:  Red square is where I think Taxi dropped them off, yellow square is the mat, blue square is the RB, and of course the red line is their path.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »
OMG! Art & JJ were soooooooooooo close of winning this race! If it was a mental TAR challenge, they could have easily won the final leg due to Rachel/Dave's mistake!

EP3 Curse. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。