Author Topic: TAR 21 Starting Soon?  (Read 40421 times)

Offline Wanna Bee

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR 21 Starting Soon?
« on: April 28, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
Anyone know whether the teams have been selected yet?  Is this definitely a celebrity edition?  Dying to know...

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Starting Soon?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »
celebrity edition??? .... mmmm i don't think that's gonna happen, not the next season at least.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
:welcome: to RFF Wanna Bee!

They either pulled the TAR21 cast from the same pool as TAR20 or they are having a different kind of season. I kind of doubt another gimmick season this soon after UB though. I think there were plenty of applications for the casting round that ended in December so they can probably find two seasons worth from there.

The start of filming for the season aired in the fall is tricky because they have started in April, May, June and July before.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
Why do you say they are pulling the cast for season 21 from the casting pool for season 20, they had application due for "an upcoming season at the end of last year that was due December first but was then pushed back to I think like December 3rd.  Because season 20 was racing at that time it those applications couldn't have been for season 20.  Maybe I am mistaken but it seems to me that they had a normal casting cycle for season 21.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »
Anyone know whether the teams have been selected yet?  Is this definitely a celebrity edition?  Dying to know...
FORGETABOUTIT. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »
:stare :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »

Never say never. But let's all pray for NEVER!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
I think it's because the discussion board is spoiler free

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
ANYTHING about any future episode or race  is by definition a spoiler. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 01:13:06 AM »

I wouldn't mind seeing a 1 off celebrity edition. (of coures depends on the celebrity).

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:20:11 AM »

I wouldn't mind seeing a 1 off celebrity edition. (of coures depends on the celebrity).
If the crew have sanity they will NOT choose to make a celebrity version. Celeb seasons of TAR didn't work well at all.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »
This seems to be for TAR 22. the FAQ has information.

http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/apply

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
They can cast C or D list celebrities, just like the Celebrity Apprentice.  :lol:
And/Or cast from other reality tv shows. I would die of ecstasy if a pair from RuPaul's Drag Race makes it to TAR. Manila Luzon & Jiggly Caliente  :hrt:
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 10:13:51 AM »

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »
They can cast C or D list celebrities, just like the Celebrity Apprentice.  :lol:
And/Or cast from other reality tv shows. I would die of ecstasy if a pair from RuPaul's Drag Race makes it to TAR. Manila Luzon & Jiggly Caliente  :hrt:

Or they can cast real people, which results in the best possible Amazing Race.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
no to CELEBS. yes To COMEBACKS.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »

They already cast a few of those every season. In the past some mactor teams have been good (Gallory, Brook/Claire) and some bad. A few is okay but we don't need a whole cast full of them. :help:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
I have a feeling that another survivor player is gonna be on TAR again probably hantz or hatch.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 03:49:25 AM »
I think filming could begin sometime this month.  My reason is that this July the London 2012 Summer Olympics will be happening and around possibly weeks before the opening ceromonies of the games, alot of people especially the athletes will be travelling to London to prepare for the Olympics.   Another thing is that in 2010, Season 17 was filmed in late May; and last year Season 19 was filmed in the middle of the summer.  So this year a May-June start is my guess for the 21st season.

TARGuru

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 01:19:24 PM »
null
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:01:26 AM by TARGuru »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 04:42:26 AM »
For what it's worth, here's what Phil said about TAR 21 in his recent TV Guide Interview:

Do you have any updates on Season 21?

Keoghan: We start filming in the summer. We're working rapidly to get everything in line. We're excited to be going out again. Some stuff is locked and some stuff is up in the air. Up until the day we leave, we're still finessing. ... There'll be some new places and we're finalizing the cast. We hit a homerun with the cast this season. I think as the show has gone on, we've gotten better teams because more and more people who are fans want to be on the show.

He talks about filming in the summer. That would suggest June or later (technically June 20th to September 22nd), but I wouldn't put a lot of faith it that. I'd advise keeping our eyes open, but keep in mind that it could well be several weeks yet.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
For what it's worth, here's what Phil said about TAR 21 in his recent TV Guide Interview:

Keoghan: We start filming in the summer. We're working rapidly to get everything in line. We're excited to be going out again. Some stuff is locked and some stuff is up in the air. Up until the day we leave, we're still finessing. ... There'll be some new places and we're finalizing the cast. We hit a homerun with the cast this season. I think as the show has gone on, we've gotten better teams because more and more people who are fans want to be on the show.

He talks about filming in the summer. That would suggest June or later (technically June 20th to September 22nd), but I wouldn't put a lot of faith it that. I'd advise keeping our eyes open, but keep in mind that it could well be several weeks yet.
World Race Productions is always trying to catch season spoilers like RFF off-guard. The "summer" remark cannot be trusted. I am expecting them to try to get away without our notice sometime in May.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »

World Race Productions is always trying to catch season spoilers like RFF off-guard. The "summer" remark cannot be trusted. I am expecting them to try to get away without our notice sometime in May.
:lol:

I think mjriches is right. In Olympic years they may try to get done a little earlier. This one is always hard to pin down than the fall filming though.

Offline TARdevotee

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 06:36:55 AM »
As long as we get a NEW cast for 21, I will be happy! Not ready for any returning racers yet!