Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103537 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »
What an amazing episode!

1. A switchback to the most epic FF which a team takes and gets eliminated.
2. Hard, physically wearing tasks that break teams down
3. Crazy team fights
4. Not knowing the whole time who will go home

I am really loving this season. We haven't seen this kind of combo of epic tasks and a huge casting success since TAR14!

:hearts: :jam:

paldog123456

« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »
What an amazing episode!

3. Crazy team fights

I am really loving this season. We haven't seen this kind of combo of epic tasks and a huge casting success since TAR14!

I was thinking the same exact thing!

Also, I am usually not a fan of India episodes since India is so over-used, but I have LOVED both of the India episodes. Hands down the best India episodes of any season (in my opinion) and the 2nd and 3rd best episodes as well (1st = Paraguay, 2nd = India 2, 3rd = India 1)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2012, 08:49:03 PM »
What an amazing episode!

3. Crazy team fights

Also, I am usually not a fan of India episodes since India is so over-used, but I have LOVED both of the India episodes. Hands down the best India episodes of any season (in my opinion) and the 2nd and 3rd best episodes as well (1st = Paraguay, 2nd = India 2, 3rd = India 1)

I love getting back to difficult legs, unlike the weak S19 ones!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2012, 08:51:57 PM »
+ the episode didn't seem rushed which was a huge plus for me.   :tup:

I think this comes from that there are only 5 teams plus a FF; there are not as many teams to film.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2012, 01:45:41 AM »
i just looked at a christmas photo album of bopper and he is nowhere to be seen so perhaps he is laying low.

It all makes sense now...haha and thanks to google chrome being able to zoom in on the fast forward clue.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2012, 11:42:04 AM »
The head-shaving Fast Forward did not have enough good luck this time around, to save the last likeable team of this race. Not sure who I will root for now.

I know it was good luck for Uchenna & Joyce and the Richards, but not so much for Richard & Joey and now, Mark & Bopper.

As much as I like them, I'm not sure if I would want them back for the 3rd All-stars, with Mark's motion sickness and Bopper's bad knee.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »

I thought the German episode was easily one of the better ones, it needed navigation skill in that it moved through different areas as well with the teams driving something which has been badly missing from most of the season.  There were switches in position all the time because of mistakes by different teams, and I thought the end was unpredictable too.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:54:32 AM by starrynight »

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »
for those still tracking the last Cochin Leg here's some info

the temple they went to get the first clue and also the location for the tiger paint event
was "Chandiroor" which is south of Aroor , which i originally thought. (google map search :Chandiroor, Alappuzha, Kerala, India)
The Coir weaving was at "Pattanakkad" in "Cherthala" further south of "Chandiroor".(google map search: Pattanakkad , Alappuzha, Kerala, India)

From Pattanakkad, the team had to travel back North to Fort Kochi, to get to the ferry , where JJ & Art had the "Ginger" task. That's almost 17 miles. Not sure why the teams  didn't use a  taxi Car, instead of the auto-rickshaw. Locals normally don't use the richshaw to travel that far. One of the teams could have used a taxi car to get ahead of "Dave/Rachel" to the pit stop.

route from Pattanakkad  to Vypeen Ferry terminal:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Pattanakkad+,+Kerala+to+Vypin+Ferry+terminal&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&ix=sea&biw=1152&bih=561&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Sf6eT-TxD4aw8ATOkPSCDw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:37:03 PM by jacobsk68 »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
The TEMPLE is right next to the The Palace Convention Centre in Chandiroor  :tup:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2012, 04:52:09 PM »
One of the teams could have used a taxi car to get ahead of "Dave/Rachel" to the pit stop.

So how far apart are the Pit Stops...........a mile maybe?
Matthew 7:15

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
One of the teams could have used a taxi car to get ahead of "Dave/Rachel" to the pit stop.

After looking at the videos on CBS , i think they are staying at the "Malabar House", Fort Kochi, which has the signature door lock as seen here (http://www.olafkrueger.com/en/cgallery/aimages/cat2/cat2-44/image364.html#8) So the current and prior  pit stops are about 2 miles apart if you travel  by boat or geographically.
If they are indeed at "Malabar House" then they would have taken  the ferry back to Fort Kochi after the pit stop.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »

After looking at the videos on CBS , i think they are staying at the "Malabar House", Fort Kochi, which has the signature door lock as seen here (http://www.olafkrueger.com/en/cgallery/aimages/cat2/cat2-44/image364.html#8) So the current and prior  pit stops are about 2 miles apart if you travel  by boat or geographically.
If they are indeed at "Malabar House" then they would have taken  the ferry back to Fort Kochi after the pit stop.

My apologies. I didnt mean what hotels.........but how far apart the actual  Pit Stop Mats are.......they sure appear very close to me on Google Earth. If I understand what you said.....it appears the teams went about 17 miles south and then turned around and came back north and ended up about a mile west of where they started.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »

My apologies. I didnt mean what hotels.........but how far apart the actual  Pit Stop Mats are.......they sure appear very close to me on Google Earth. If I understand what you said.....it appears the teams went about 17 miles south and then turned around and came back north and ended up about a mile west of where they started.
you are right about that. Leg 10 pit stop is  1.8 miles west of the Leg 9 pit stop, but separated by water.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2012, 03:30:46 AM »
Awesome Jacob!! Thank you SO much, you made this leg come alive for us!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2012, 01:20:17 AM »
so basically, emotional rachel's decision not to cut her $500 extensions and the rest of her hair cost her and brendon $10,000 each...not like she cares anyways since she won $1 million from bb.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2012, 02:02:04 AM »
500, 000...not a million. And in the insider video she had a good point...she would be going back to RL in 5 days and needed a job...in her line of work no hair might not be good!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
Awesome Jacob!! Thank you SO much, you made this leg come alive for us!! :hearts:
No problem Peach.  Happy to help with the details. Never thought they will do 2 legs in Kerala.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2012, 09:18:04 AM »
Still looking for the Pit Stop hotel/Pit Start! At the start of Leg 11 we see Dave/Rachel crossing the street to get to Akbar Holidays (which is on the west side of MG Road), so that probably means they got off their taxi on the southbound lane, eliminating a lot of the waterways we need to look! Still can't match it up just yet though... :gaah:

Suspecting Cherai, but I don't have enough evidence?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:48:34 AM by Neobie »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »
Still looking for the Pit Stop hotel/Pit Start! At the start of Leg 11 we see Dave/Rachel crossing the street to get to Akbar Holidays (which is on the west side of MG Road), so that probably means they got off their taxi on the southbound lane, eliminating a lot of the waterways we need to look! Still can't match it up just yet though... :gaah:

Hey, Neobie, could it be this the background of Art & JJ caption?  It's a traveller's pic from the Cherai Beach Resort Hotel.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:29:37 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
Some interesting photos here.....

http://www.cheraibeachresorts.com/gallery.html

Especially the border photo at the bottom of the page.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Some interesting photos here.....

http://www.cheraibeachresorts.com/gallery.html

Especially the border photo at the bottom of the page.

Here's that pic:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:28:29 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:21 AM »

And I found something else looking at the picture I posted previously, something we can watch at the PitStart on the leg when Rachel & Dave are opening the clue.
Looks like a match to me.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:21:15 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
Well it really does look like a match to me also. It appears that the Cherai Beach Resort has two phases. The older one on the south (left) side and the new one on the north (right) side. Looks like the PitStart for leg 11 was in the northern side of the resort looking back towards the  south. The same in the interview scene with Art and JJ. There appears to be some kind of boat slip or boat channel between the to phases of the resort from the photos. This is not apparently in the satellite view on GE.

You can see the boat slip in the background of both the Art/JJ interview and the photo of the Pit Start with Rachel/Dave.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:11:09 PM by DrRox »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »
It does look quite close, but...
1. I can't find the Manichitrathazhu door in the other interviews or a closer picture of the railings (showing the right thing) to confirm Cherai Beach Resort.
2. There's a large concrete drain and a blue-roofed building in the Art/JJ screencap that can't be explained.
3. The shadow for Dave/Rachel's departure is in the wrong place. At 1.51pm their shadows should be pointing to the left hand side of the screen, not the right hand side (the lamppost has the clearest shadow). The image isn't flipped; Dave is wearing his watch on his (usual) left arm.
4. When you search "Manichitrathazhu" and "Cherai" you find exactly the kind of door we're looking for! It's a video game called "The Dark Hills of Cherai" though...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:56:49 AM by Neobie »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: August 31, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
It does look quite close, but...
1. I can't find the Manichitrathazhu door in the other interviews or a closer picture of the railings (showing the right thing) to confirm Cherai Beach Resort.
2. There's a large concrete drain and a blue-roofed building in the Art/JJ screencap that can't be explained.
3. The shadow for Dave/Rachel's departure is in the wrong place. At 1.51pm their shadows should be pointing to the left hand side of the screen, not the right hand side (the lamppost has the clearest shadow). The image isn't flipped; Dave is wearing his watch on his (usual) left arm.
4. When you search "Manichitrathazhu" and "Cherai" you find exactly the kind of door we're looking for! It's a video game called "The Dark Hills of Cherai" though...

I found some other pics of the railways of Cherai Beach Resort, much closer than the first; and I have to admit that you're probably right about your suspicions of not being this place as the PitStart.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:27:30 AM by Alenaveda »