Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103552 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »
Where do we see Bolgatty as the Pitstop? I got lost, lol.

And thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »

And thanks!

No, Bolgatty Palace was the Pitstop for the last leg!  :tup:

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »

And thanks!
That's the current pit stop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
okay, I suddenly was invisioning them running in a circle. :lol3:

And sadly, Chateau has left the building.....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
Okay, so where is this spice market?
The spice Market is in Mattanchery in  the town of Fort Cochin which is to the west of Cochin (Kochi). The pit stop, ie. Bolgatty Palace ,on the Bolgatty Island is on the east of Fort Cochin. Most of the buildings there are very old and built by the dutch when they came for spice trading sometime in the 17th century. Kerala is where the  Black pepper came from and there was a huge market for that.

Wonder if the spice market comes later then??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »
Okay, so where is this spice market?
The spice Market is in Mattanchery in  the town of Fort Cochin which is to the west of Cochin (Kochi). The pit stop, ie. Bolgatty Palace ,on the Bolgatty Island is on the east of Fort Cochin. Most of the buildings there are very old and built by the dutch when they came for spice trading sometime in the 17th century. Kerala is where the  Black pepper came from and there was a huge market for that.

Wonder if the spice market comes later then??

Later then what? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2012, 05:26:07 PM »
Here is a good map.

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/asia/india/kerala/cochin/maps.html

And I WISH we could have found the location of the elephant task. The one used in TARA3 was Kumbalam, Cochin  SPS Temple
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:37:19 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
Had a message from a lurker with some good observations: What do y'all think??

I have looked at the picture of Rachel and Dave in the pedicab as closely as I can and it looks like there is something inside the leaf that Dave is holding. Could it be the flowers that the priest sprinkled in per the CBS photos? I have pulled Rachel in as close as I can in the pedicab. I am not good with this stuff but I do not see a red mark on her forehead. I even used a magnifying glass lol! So, if they already left the priest with the leaf with the flower I would have expected Rachel to have the bindi. I also think those are yellow clues on the tray the other man is holding behind the priest. I am confused if they get the bindi there and I am just not seeing it on Rachel, or if they are on their way to the priest in the picture in the pedicab.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »
Pics:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:11:31 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
these places are so close the shadows would be almost the same.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
Here is a good map.

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/asia/india/kerala/cochin/maps.html

And I WISH we could have found the location of the elephant task. The one used in TARA3 was Kumbalam, Cochin  SPS Temple
Most probably that would be the location this time too.
or it could be the Eranakulam Shiva Temple, there's a shiva temple in the nearby Kumbalam.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:37:28 PM by jacobsk68 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
I'm thinking that the two teams who are not seen with the bindi are the same two teams who cannot attempt the fast forward.

nvm I think Art might have it in the press pic. Dave and Rachel obviously don't have it and I can't think of why. It has to happen before the fast forward but probably after the speed bump. Maybe they wipe theirs off?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:34:33 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
I'm thinking that the two teams who are not seen with the bindi are the same two teams who cannot attempt the fast forward.

nvm I think Art might have it in the press pic. Dave and Rachel obviously don't have it and I can't think of why. It has to happen before the fast forward but probably after the speed bump. Maybe they wipe theirs off?

But Art has it in the press photo.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:04 PM »
Could the Priest be the handing out the very first clue at the beginning of the leg ? And that's why we don't see D/R with the Bindi.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2012, 06:40:28 PM »
Could the Priest be the handing out the very first clue at the beginning of the leg ? And that's why we don't see D/R with the Bindi.

That's what I thought! I just didn't have the guts to say it. It might be similar to the chiaski in Argentina Leg 2.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
Hindu priests give a blessing called 'prasadam' wrapped in a banana leaf. They get that and the clue.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »
Hindu priests give a blessing called 'prasadam' wrapped in a banana leaf. They get that and the clue.

I know they get a clue from the photo's , but i'm wondering if it's the first clue to start the leg off.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

Does this have anything to do with the Hindu leaf float in TAR16 Leg 8 in Malaysia Roadblock.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »

I know they get a clue from the photo's , but i'm wondering if it's the first clue to start the leg off.
most probably they go to some temple, where the priests are,  to get the first clue  from the pit stop.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

Does this have anything to do with the Hindu leaf float in TAR16 Leg 8 in Malaysia Roadblock.
prasadam is  a greeting ,usually a sugary thing that people eat afterwards. Not a Hindu, so I only know little bit about the Hindu traditions
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:03:51 PM by jacobsk68 »

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »
I'm wrong about mar&bopper tiger paint location

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »
What an unusual leg. The speedbump obviously took much more than 10-25 minutes; so that effectively put Mark and Bopper more than 4 hours behind by the time they got to the priest at the temple for the blessing and the clue. And based on the pit stop departure times and Chateau's excellent estimate of the arrival times at the end of the last leg, it was a 9 hour pit stop.
Not only did they bring back truthfully one of the most notorious fast forwards ever, they acknowledged it as a Switchback; so we now know the switchback was not a one time thing two seasons ago.
I was surprised by how completely Art-JJ slipped behind the other three teams over the course of this leg.
And I can't image how a team gets to the final mat and not complete all the tasks; clearly we're in for a first ever next week.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »
What an unusual leg. The speedbump obviously took much more than 10-25 minutes; so that effectively put Mark and Bopper more than 4 hours behind by the time they got to the priest at the temple for the blessing and the clue. And based on the pit stop departure times and Chateau's excellent estimate of the arrival times at the end of the last leg, it was a 9 hour pit stop.
Not only did they bring back truthfully one of the most notorious fast forwards ever, they acknowledged it as a Switchback; so we now know the switchback was not a one time thing two seasons ago.
I was surprised by how completely Art-JJ slipped behind the other three teams over the course of this leg.
And I can't image how a team gets to the final mat and not complete all the tasks; clearly we're in for a first ever next week.

Do you mean 19 hour pit stop?
And 5 seasons ago?

Additionally, I think the speed bump did not take that long, about only 20 minutes. We also do not know how close the finish was due to the Editors.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
What an amazing episode!

1. A switchback to the most epic FF which a team takes and gets eliminated.
2. Hard, physically wearing tasks that break teams down
3. Crazy team fights
4. Not knowing the whole time who will go home

I am really loving this season. We haven't seen this kind of combo of epic tasks and a huge casting success since TAR14!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.