Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103532 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

Peach, SB are always previous to the Detours (Germany) or Roadblocks (Tanzania), at least it happened this way since it mades its first appearence in TAR12.

And where did I say it wasn't??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2012, 03:45:45 PM »

Peach, SB are always previous to the Detours (Germany) or Roadblocks (Tanzania), at least it happened this way since it mades its first appearence in TAR12.

Ugh, sorry wrong post and author. :groan:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
Great eye WP! The FF clue has to be from this episode, as racers are required to turn in all clues before leaving the Pitstop.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »

You are confusing me.  :iok   :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »

You are confusing me.  :iok   :lol:

Too many posts in this thread  :gaah:.

Great eye WP! The FF clue has to be from this episode, as racers are required to turn in all clues before leaving the Pitstop.

So, are you agree with me about this?:

"According to this, they must go to the place of the first task of the race, so this info and the FF info are in the same clue envelope.  And this is from the moment when Rachel talks about the extensions of U$S 500.  I guess Brendon, after made the decission of not to perfom the FF, is about to read where they had to go and what they had to do there.:yess:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:02:02 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
I manipulated the above images a bit more to make things clearer.

This is the green thing I'm trying to figure out...

And what is the green thing in Brendon's fanny pack? A green FF clue - but is it from this leg or the previous leg that had a FF?

The previous FF was in Azerbaijan (leg 6), and Davechel won it.  So this should be the FF clue of this leg.  According to this, they must go to the place of the first task of the race, so this info and the FF info are in the same clue envelope.  And this is from the moment when Rachel talks about the extensions of U$S 500.  I guess Brendon, after made the decission of not to perfom the FF, is about to read where they had to go and what they had to do there.

And about Davechel, I had no idea.  Maybe something the High Priest gave them after the Detour?

I was looking at the CBS photo of Davechel in reply 99, and if you see carefully, you can watch that there's a sort of tray with green leaves (with something white on them) next to the Head Priest; and it seems he's giving one of those leaves to Dave.  They look mostly as the one that Dave has in the autorickshaw. 
SPEC:  they could be the next clue.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:15:00 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »
Looks like a new promo during Undercover Boss. Different camera angle of Mark and Bopper in the hotel room, and Brendon clearly is reading the fast forward requirement about "both of you must shave your heads: before Rachel mentions her $500 extensions.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2012, 12:18:50 AM »
This shot was taken between 9:40 and 10:00 am (assumes December 12th).

Corrected!  Opps!  Forgot about the India half hour  :groan:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:13:15 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2012, 01:32:43 AM »
I had guessimated 10 by my eyeballs earlier in this thread or the last episode thread, so it's a question of how late in the day did Mark and Bopper check in.
-- theschnauzers

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2012, 01:54:16 AM »

peach, you beat me to it.  yes the clues are all from this episode.  all teams are indeed required to turn everything in.  it also lightens their load as they travel.  imagine if they had to keep all their clues with them? CONFUSING!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2012, 01:58:46 AM »
Go Chateau!! :yess:

Can you do Bopper and Mark??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2012, 02:41:06 AM »
This shot was taken between 10:10 and 10:30 am (assumes December 12th).
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2012, 03:04:00 AM »
This shot was taken between 10:05 and 10:25 am (assumes December 12th).

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2012, 03:42:48 AM »
This shot was taken between 1:10 and 1:25 pm (assumes December 12th).

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2012, 06:45:19 AM »
Chateau, how do you know when the pictures have been took?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2012, 06:50:09 AM »
Chateau, how do you know when the pictures have been took?

I'm sure Chateau will give you a better explanation, but I believe he has software that can estimate the time of day by measuring the shadows in a picture. He's usually pretty accurate.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:32 AM »

peach, you beat me to it.  yes the clues are all from this episode.  all teams are indeed required to turn everything in.  it also lightens their load as they travel.  imagine if they had to keep all their clues with them? CONFUSING!!

I would want to keep a few souvenirs...is that accepted? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »
The shadow man is back!

I think that Mark and Bopper trailing by only three hours is less than we were estimating. Makes things a little more interesting.

The big question is whether or not they hold to their old 12 hour pitstops. If they do it will force an HOO but they frequently adjust pitstop times these days :groan:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
Thanks Chateau!!  :<3  That is a HUGE help!!

I would want to keep a few souvenirs...is that accepted? :lol:

sometimes a few go missing, lol.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »

Bopper and Mark Work on a Speed Bump
In this Speed Bump, Best friend Bopper (center) and Mark (right) must paint a the belly of a Pulikali tiger dancer in order to continue with the race, on THE AMAZING RACE.

I know someone who can speak Malayalam but he's in a different state at the moment... :lol:
The poster in the background says "beautiful" in Malayalam, it was the name of a movie that  was released around the time of the race.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »
The shadow man is back!

I think that Mark and Bopper trailing by only three hours is less than we were estimating. Makes things a little more interesting.

The big question is whether or not they hold to their old 12 hour pitstops. If they do it will force an HOO but they frequently adjust pitstop times these days :groan:

I agree with you, I think we're gonna have an extended pitstop. 

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »
It's sketchy, but could Mopper have it at the Speed Bump? :duno:

They definitely get it eventually:

Looking at the sand(which is same as beach sand) and the raised highway tells me that they are close to a major Bridge and still in the coastal area. Also, with respect to the relative location of other teams Art&JJ at Mattanchery and Ralph&Vanessa south of that  doing the coir work , i think this speed Bump is somewhere south of Mattanchery near one of the Aroor Bridges(there are several of them and it's not easy to pinpoint which one due to lack of clues).

Offline cougarspy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
It's sketchy, but could Mopper have it at the Speed Bump? :duno:

They definitely get it eventually:

Looking at the sand(which is same as beach sand) and the raised highway tells me that they are close to a major Bridge and still in the coastal area. Also, with respect to the relative location of other teams Art&JJ at Mattanchery and Ralph&Vanessa south of that  doing the coir work , i think this speed Bump is somewhere south of Mattanchery near one of the Aroor Bridges(there are several of them and it's not easy to pinpoint which one due to lack of clues).

There are shadows when Mark and Bopper do the Speedbump.  Perhaps Chateau can work the magic to predict the time of day this was taken.   It would also help determine if it was an extended RB of 24 hours, instead of 12 or 18.

Order of finish last leg was:
Dave/Rachel
Benchel
art/JJ
minute behind them Vanessa/Ralph - on mat together.
Bopper/Mark, approximately 3 hours behind Dave/Rachel.

It's daylight (overcast) when Dave/Rachel receive a greeting and get a clue/dots from high priest which would indicate a 24 hour pit stop unless Hoh.  I feel extended pit stop.

Vanessa falling/Ralph could be them racing to go after FF since they aren't to far behind Brenchel at Pitstart. 

We know Brenchel arrive at FF, but since it required shaved heads after stacking 150 bales of hay, they opt out of FF before doing anything.  That's why they catch up with Vanessa/Ralph, Art/JJ at RB.  This would lead me to believe RB was before Detour, but I have no proof of that.

We know Mark/Bopper are doing speed bump and the skies are blue with clouds.  It would indicate some time later than the overcast skies when Dave/Rachel started the race leading again to an extended 24 hour pit start time.

Now the big question comes up even though I've been watching faithfully since Season 1, when teams receive the clue that a FF is available, do they know if it is used yet, or do they have to go to FF location to find that out.  I think the later.

Would Mark/Bopper feel that Brenchel or Vanessa/Ralph went for it so would not even try, or would they take a chance?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:20:28 PM by cougarspy »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
We know Brenchel arrive at FF, but since it required shaved heads after stacking 150 bales of hay, they opt out of FF before doing anything.

Huh?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:03:25 PM by georgiapeach »