Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103534 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2012, 06:41:04 AM »
So guy on left has the mark as well, but not the tall one. Maybe they give the mark before doing the roadblock?

This is something I have noticed too. Do we ever see a team where both members have the mark? This could be an odd coincidence though because JJ and Brendon, Dave and Ralph all have hats pulled low and we don't see Mark's face.
If the marking is part of the roadblock then we know that Mopper does not take the FF.

ETA: Actually it is not part of the roadblock because we know that Ralph and Brendon and probably Dave do the RB. Maybe it's a coincidence.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:53 AM »
Am I right in thinking that whoever did the last roadblock can't do this one and their partner has to do this one ?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »

Art and JJ Working on the Detour
In Detour B, Boarder Patrol Agents Art (left) and JJ (right) must pack and crate ten boxes of ginger and deliver them to the shipping depot in other to receive the next clue from the Head Priest on THE AMAZING RACE.

So guy on left has the mark as well, but not the tall one. Maybe they give the mark before doing the roadblock?

This photo confirms my theory:  the bindi is not a part of the FF - we all know that Art and JJ and Davechel are not allowed to take it - (apskip, I truly start to believe that you were right about this), and this is a photo of one of the Detours, so the Head Priest who gives them the next clue at the end is not who made it.  So the bindi must be done in the first route marker of the leg, as I stated, along with the clue that contained the first task (Detour/RB) and the FF.  And the SB should be before the Detours (Germay) o the RB (Tanzania). :tup:

There's a little mistake in my argument:  the clue at the first route marker should be a Route Info, that leads the teams to the first task (Detour/RB + FF + SB).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2012, 09:09:38 AM »

This is something I have noticed too. Do we ever see a team where both members have the mark? This could be an odd coincidence though because JJ and Brendon, Dave and Ralph all have hats pulled low and we don't see Mark's face.
If the marking is part of the roadblock then we know that Mopper does not take the FF.

ETA: Actually it is not part of the roadblock because we know that Ralph and Brendon and probably Dave do the RB. Maybe it's a coincidence.

I spec that it could be part of some sort of ceremony, so maybe only one member of the teams received the bindi and the other received the clue.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
Am I right in thinking that whoever did the last roadblock can't do this one and their partner has to do this one ?

No...it would depend on the total done by each team member so far in the race, not who did one last.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
The bindi is either given to one team member only (seems odd?) OR comes after the speedbump.

Bopper does not have one here (from a speedbump cap):
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2012, 11:06:16 AM »
PREVIEW CAPS!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2012, 11:22:35 AM »
But Peach, Prophet post another image of Bopper at the SB, where you can see clearly the bindi in his forehead.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUb7x.jpg
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:28:29 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2012, 11:39:55 AM »
I don't believe we are 100% sure that other photo is from the SB yet.

I am looking at multiple caps from the SB promo and do NOT see the bindi.

Of course, the angles could be deceptive, but you can see in the photo I posted that there is none.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2012, 12:00:27 PM »
Here is that photo again:

I just reviewed ALL 600+caps from the speedbump preview and do not see that background anywhere.

Nor do I see it at the FF site itself from the shots I have, or the place where Vanessa gets hurt or any of our future episode coir spinning photos.

If Bopper does not have the bindi at the speedbump, then the bindi must be part of the first RI for the Detour/FF as speculated, as B/M would do the SB first.

BUT depending on where that background is (billboard? wall?) ...could tell us whether they do the FF or not. If we can pin that to a later task, they sadly don't take the FF.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
His arms position (and the shape of the mouth) in both pictures looks similar.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:08:29 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »
Here is a backlit photo closeup of Mark from the same press pic:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »

No...it would depend on the total done by each team member so far in the race, not who did one last.

Thank's for the reply , I never really knew that. Is there a certain number each has to complete ?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »
SPEC:

Since the tree background in the preview shot and the press pic look similar, perhaps the SB is right next to the place where the the other teams get their RI clue and bindi.

M/B do their SB, go over to the RI cluebox, get their bindi and clue, and Bopper does an arms in the air YES to see that there is a FF??

Total spec... :lol: just trying to make this fit.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »

Thank's for the reply , I never really knew that. Is there a certain number each has to complete ?

Six.  That's the reason in the Panama leg of TAR19 the RB clue has the name of the team members who must complete it, because their partners had already reach the maximun amount of RBs allowed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »

Yes. Prior to season 6, there were no limits, so there were M/F teams where the women did only one or so.

After season 5 the "Bowling Mom's" rule says that they must be balanced. Usually even+1 which accounts for the # of eps being odd, or a FF, etc. In recent seasons we have seen cluecards that say so and so MUST do this RB.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2012, 12:38:22 PM »
SPEC:

Since the tree background in the preview shot and the press pic look similar, perhaps the SB is right next to the place where the the other teams get their RI clue and bindi.

M/B do their SB, go over to the RI cluebox, get their bindi and clue, and Bopper does an arms in the air YES to see that there is a FF??

Peach, SB are always previous to the Detours (Germany) or Roadblocks (Tanzania), at least it happened this way since it mades its first appearence in TAR12.

Total spec... :lol: just trying to make this fit.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »

Yes. Prior to season 6, there were no limits, so there were M/F teams where the women did only one or so.

After season 5 the "Bowling Mom's" rule says that they must be balanced. Usually even+1 which accounts for the # of eps being odd, or a FF, etc. In recent seasons we have seen cluecards that say so and so MUST do this RB.

Oh ok. So I would assume that Bopper and Brendon probably do the rb this episode.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2012, 12:39:16 PM »

Six.  That's the reason in the Panama leg of TAR19 the RB clue has the name of the team members who must complete it, because their partners had already reach the maximun amount of RBs allowed.

Not Quite! David and Rachel and Art and JJ both had successful FAST FORWARDs and bypassed the ROADBLOCK in those legs. That means that they should have a 6-5 ROADBLOCK count, as 6-6 is mathematically impossible for them, going into the final leg.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »
A few interesting things and questions from the last promo:

What is the green thing that Dave has in his hand when they are in the mototaxi? My best guess is something wrapped in a banana leaf?

Note that when Vanessa falls, Ralph puts a route info clue on the ground while he checks on her welfare.

And when Brendon and Rachel are at the hair cutting task, they have a route info in Brendon's hand.
Do racers normally get directed to a FF by a route info?
Since both teams have the route info clue still in their hands, I assume that where they pick up the clue is near the hair cutting task.

I like finding random crew shots in promos - see the camera as Art and JJ run by with the ginger cart?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »
Hmm , i think Brendon is maybe checking the route info clue so they can go back
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »

Not Quite! David and Rachel and Art and JJ both had successful FAST FORWARDs and bypassed the ROADBLOCK in those legs. That means that they should have a 6-5 ROADBLOCK count, as 6-6 is mathematically impossible for them, going into the final leg.

Apskip, you're absolutely right. The count of RBs made of both teams is the next, according to my notes (and correct me if the count is wrong):
Dave has performed 3 RBs (Argentina-1, Paraguay & Tanzania-2) and Rachel four (Argentina-2, Italia, Germany and India-1).
Art has performed 4 Rbs (Argentina-1, Paraguay, Germany and Tanzania-2) and JJ 3 RBs (Argentina-2, Azerbaijan and India-1).

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2012, 02:12:39 PM »
I manipulated the above images a bit more to make things clearer.

This is the green thing I'm trying to figure out...

And what is the green thing in Brendon's fanny pack? A green FF clue - but is it from this leg or the previous leg that had a FF?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »
I manipulated the above images a bit more to make things clearer.

This is the green thing I'm trying to figure out...

And what is the green thing in Brendon's fanny pack? A green FF clue - but is it from this leg or the previous leg that had a FF?

The previous FF was in Azerbaijan (leg 6), and Davechel won it.  So this should be the FF clue of this leg.  According to this, they must go to the place of the first task of the race, so this info and the FF info are in the same clue envelope.  And this is from the moment when Rachel talks about the extensions of U$S 500.  I guess Brendon, after made the decission of not to perfom the FF, is about to read where they had to go and what they had to do there.

And about Davechel, I had no idea.  Maybe something the High Priest gave them after the Detour?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:18:59 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:46 PM »
We don't know if is the detour , that might be the Envelope.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard