Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103529 times)

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »
One thing that I find interesting is that CBS obviously doesn't care if we know that Brenchel didn't do the fast forward because they show us many clips and pictures of them doing other tasks. But we don't see Mark and Bopper doing anything but the Speed Bump.

Right. We saw Brenchel at tmz with the same hair from the race.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
i think this is what we have so far:

Speed Bump - paint men for tiger dance

FF - each team member must have their head shaved

RB - roll up coir (performed by Brendon, Art, Ralph)

DT - transport crates from market? OR use wheelbarrow to transport elephant dung??

And with the pictures posted by bc922, we can spec that the first task is receiving the greeting and the next clue - the one that must have the FF I think; because, in the clips Rachel (BB) has the classic mark in her forehead when she is at the FF location -.

The caption for Art & JJ's Detour mentions that they get the next clue from the head priest after completing the detour.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
It's sketchy, but could Mopper have it at the Speed Bump? :duno:

They definitely get it eventually:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »
Hmm, has anyone verified the location of the wall behind Bopper in the second picture?

If the Head Priest thing is after the Detour then that is not where they get the red paint from because Rachel (O' Reilly) has it at the FF location.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
Can anyone make out the name on the building behind Mopper in the press photo ?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »
Here's another just in case someone can figure out this location

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »
i think this is what we have so far:

Speed Bump - paint men for tiger dance

FF - each team member must have their head shaved

RB - roll up coir (performed by Brendon, Art, Ralph)

DT - transport crates from market? OR use wheelbarrow to transport elephant dung??

And with the pictures posted by bc922, we can spec that the first task is receiving the greeting and the next clue - the one that must have the FF I think; because, in the clips Rachel (BB) has the classic mark in her forehead when she is at the FF location -.

The caption for Art & JJ's Detour mentions that they get the next clue from the head priest after completing the detour.

Yes, but the caption of Brenchel doing the other Detour says nothing about it.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:16:40 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
Prophet:  if you enhance the cap of Brenchel doing the Detour, you can see the red mark in Rachel's forehead.  So the only logic explanation is - as I said - that they receive the mark in the same place that they got the clue with the indications of where the Detours are and the FF.

Except that she has the red mark while at the Fast Forward. ;D

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
Prophet:  if you enhance the cap of Brenchel doing the Detour, you can see the red mark in Rachel's forehead.  So the only logic explanation is - as I said - that they receive the mark in the same place that they got the clue with the indications of where the Detours are and the FF.

Except that she has the red mark while at the Fast Forward. ;D

That's what I saying.  They get the red marks, and the clue with the Detours (or the RB) and the FF..  That's the only way to explain that Bopper has the mark at the SB and Rachel at the FF.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:30:37 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »
Oops, then I must have misunderstood. :tup:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
The bindi or Indian beauty mark being on Rachel's forehead has an alternate (and in my view more probable) explanation. As several has observed prior to me, Rachel could have gotten it as the first step in the FAST FORWARD that she and Brendon abandoned. That is more likely than Rachel getting it anywhere else.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »
The bindi or Indian beauty mark being on Rachel's forehead has an alternate (and in my view more probable) explanation. As several has observed prior to me, Rachel could have gotten it as the first step in the FAST FORWARD that she and Brendon abandoned. That is more likely than Rachel getting it anywhere else.

Then that means that Vanessa and Bopper also attempted the fast forward.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2012, 08:04:32 PM »
Oops, then I must have misunderstood. :tup:

:tup:

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2012, 08:10:12 PM »

Or  it's an Indian greeting in some places, kind of like the garland, it's called "Kumkum". I guess they got it from a place where they went to get the clue or  from the pit stop when they left.  In one of the press photos showing Dave and Rachel , i guess  the Red spot (Kumkum) came from those hindu priests. But not 100% sure.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2012, 11:48:21 PM »
the more and more i think about it; it's coming together now.  after i saw bopper's christmas pics, i wondered why he wasnt in any of the pictures.  I 100% think it is bc of the head shaving fast forward.

OR he was TAKING the photos. :lol:

very true, but i definitely think they took the fast forward...bc the album i saw had quite a few pictures and wouldn't u think he would get in at least 1 of the pictures? at this point, i definitely think they took the fast forward. 

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »
But this could happened only if the SB is before all of the other tasks, because the SB is an obligatory task - only the last team in a NEL must complete it -, you can't skip it.  And we saw B/M at the SpeedBump with the mark in the forehead.  Following your reasoning they avoid also the SB so... why are they at the SB location?  And what's the gain of taking the FF (or, at least triyng it) if you've got to stop later to do the SB, giving the other teams the chance to make up time? 

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
But this could happened only if the SB is before all of the other tasks, because the SB is an obligatory task - only the last team in a NEL must complete it -, you can't skip it.  And we saw B/M at the SpeedBump with the mark in the forehead.  Following your reasoning they avoid also the SB so... why are they at the SB location?  And what's the gain of taking the FF (or, at least triyng it) if you've got to stop later to do the SB, giving the other teams the chance to make up time? 

Simple, a FAST FORWARD usually gains its winners one to three hours versus the other teams (although it is sometimes more as in Amazing Race 5 in the Cairo area and sometimes nothing as in Amazing Race 10 for the Madagascar cow lips). That might conceivably make up enough time for Mark and Bopper to stay in this race, although I don't think so.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »

Simple, a FAST FORWARD usually gains its winners one to three hours versus the other teams (although it is sometimes more as in Amazing Race 5 in the Cairo area and sometimes nothing as in Amazing Race 10 for the Madagascar cow lips). That might conceivably make up enough time for Mark and Bopper to stay in this race, although I don't think so.

It's a matter of time, as I've been saying since the beginning, and you are too in that post:  time is the key factor in this leg (by the way, Colin & Christie took a hughe advantage in Cairo not only for the FF, they flyed to Egypt earlier than the rest of the pack, arriving by night meanwhile the others had to stay at the Frankfurt airport waiting for the next morning flights; I know you know that but is good to remind it; and you're right about Madagascar - something that let us a moral, never take a FF when you're Intersected and you must eat cow lips :lol:-).

But seriously, what I'm trying to explain about the whole FF/SB/DET/RB and the forehead red mark is just like in the next season the race start in Usa, and the first leg is in Japan, and the 2nd. in Brazil, and the 3rd. in China.  It has not sense that the bindi was at the end of the Detours and then teams get the instructions for the FF, as someone stated (would you consider - as a member of a team - to try the FF with only the RB between the PS and you?).  The spirit of the FF is to allow one team (two if they're Intersected) skip all the tasks of the leg and gain the advantage you mentioned, and this is the reason they're always at the first route marker.  What leaves us with two possibilities:
a)  the bindi is a part of the FF (your very plausible theory) or b) it comes with the first route marker (as I believe) in some sorte of ceremony (I've got a flashback of a leg in Southeast Asia when, in order to receive their clue, teams must participate of something similar; only I can remember if it was in TAR or TARA or TARAUS).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:18:51 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »
This is my spec

1. Depart Pit Stop
2. HoO at the place where they get the dots, receive a clue to go to SB location
3. At the SB location Mopper do the tiger thing while everybody else gets a RI/FF clue
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »
 :gaah:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »
Enlarged press photo's are up on cbs , maybe someone can bring them over. You can clearly make out the writing on the wall behind Mopper , hopefully jacobsk68 can translate and tell where they are. ;)

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:44 PM »

Bopper and Mark Work on a Speed Bump
In this Speed Bump, Best friend Bopper (center) and Mark (right) must paint a the belly of a Pulikali tiger dancer in order to continue with the race, on THE AMAZING RACE.

I know someone who can speak Malayalam but he's in a different state at the moment... :lol:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:18 PM »

Art and JJ Working on the Detour
In Detour B, Boarder Patrol Agents Art (left) and JJ (right) must pack and crate ten boxes of ginger and deliver them to the shipping depot in other to receive the next clue from the Head Priest on THE AMAZING RACE.

So guy on left has the mark as well, but not the tall one. Maybe they give the mark before doing the roadblock?
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2012, 12:23:23 AM »

Art and JJ Working on the Detour
In Detour B, Boarder Patrol Agents Art (left) and JJ (right) must pack and crate ten boxes of ginger and deliver them to the shipping depot in other to receive the next clue from the Head Priest on THE AMAZING RACE.

So guy on left has the mark as well, but not the tall one. Maybe they give the mark before doing the roadblock?

This photo confirms my theory:  the bindi is not a part of the FF - we all know that Art and JJ and Davechel are not allowed to take it - (apskip, I truly started to believe that you were right about this), and this is a photo of one of the Detours, so the Head Priest who gives them the next clue at the end is not who made it.  So the bindi must be done in the first route marker of the leg, as I stated, along with the clue that contained the first task (Detour/RB) and the FF.  And the SB should be before the Detours (Germay) o the RB (Tanzania). :tup:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:52:23 AM by Alenaveda »