Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103782 times)

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »
Yes, we need caps for that one there's a lot of stuff in there. Somehow the fact that they continue to dwell on Mopper's woes seems to indicate that they survive again.

Art and JJ pulling boxes on a cart is probably one Detour. (Do the boxes say something about ginger?) And Brenchel riding the elephant and pushing a wheelbarrow of dung is the other option.

What's Vanessa saying? "Tell them to.... ???"

The scene with the Cart and Crates is in "Mattancheri",  Fort Cochin, where they have the spice market and warehouse.

here's  a photo of the building    (in the photo the "sweet" is in blue, they must have painted it in Red recently)
and the article  http://indianjourneys.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/fort-kochi/

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »

[/quote]

Im pretty sure the bottom 2 words say "hair shaved" or "head shaved".

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »
i think this is what we have so far:

Speed Bump - paint men for tiger dance

FF - each team member must have their head shaved

RB - roll up coir (performed by Brendon, Art, Ralph)

DT - transport crates from market? OR use wheelbarrow to transport elephant dung??

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »
It look's like Rachel is raising some kind of a small flag while they're on th elephant , where could this fit in ?

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »
i just looked at a christmas photo album of bopper and he is nowhere to be seen so perhaps he is laying low.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:38 PM »
Giving them a break on the twelfth try and with them suffering from heat exhaustion and with all teams ahead of them is simply humane. :lol:

I don't agree, to be honest they even considered to quit last leg and it seems like production wants them to stay, in fact it would make them suffer more if they need to do one or two more legs in such physical conditions. 

Also, I agree with apskip that if they catch up with the teams ahead because of a deliberate HoO I would doubt the integrity of the producers.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »
I'm sure these legs are planned out month's in advance. HoO bunching have alway's been apart of the race. I doubt they could throw a task together that would involve HoO in a just few day's.

paldog123456

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:49 PM »
I'm sure these legs are planned out month's in advance. HoO bunching have alway's been apart of the race. I doubt they could throw a task together that would involve HoO in a just few day's.

I am sure there have been others, but the major one I can think of is in TAR 11 where the scrapped the Tanzania leg and put charter dhows into place (so Charla and Mirna wouldn't be like 2 days ahead of the Guidos).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
PROMO ! CAPS! (first part)

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:57:13 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2012, 11:06:16 PM »

The scene with the Cart and Crates is in "Mattancheri",  Fort Cochin, where they have the spice market and warehouse.

here's  a photo of the building    (in the photo the "sweet" is in blue, they must have painted it in Red recently)
and the article  http://indianjourneys.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/fort-kochi/

Thanks SO much Jacob!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »
the more and more i think about it; it's coming together now.  after i saw bopper's christmas pics, i wondered why he wasnt in any of the pictures.  I 100% think it is bc of the head shaving fast forward.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2012, 12:57:08 AM »
I think it is a Rachel (BB) quote.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2012, 07:14:56 AM »
Why is Brendon holding a route info clue at the Fast Forward? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2012, 07:50:50 AM »
the more and more i think about it; it's coming together now.  after i saw bopper's christmas pics, i wondered why he wasnt in any of the pictures.  I 100% think it is bc of the head shaving fast forward.

OR he was TAKING the photos. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2012, 08:54:13 AM »
Caps 3 and 4 (and I think number 2 too) are from Davechel travelling in an autorickshaw. Dave is wearing a pink shirt and Rachel is in grey; and in the others caps we see that Brenchel are dressed in green, Ralph in blue and Vanessa in grey too, Art in red and JJ in grey, so they must be the ones in it.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
There are some pic's on Boppers fb that were recently posted and he has hair , pretty much look's like he did during the Race.

No racer FB links allowed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:11:51 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »
There are some pic's on Boppers fb that were recently posted and he has hair , pretty much look's like he did during the Race.

link deleted

It looks like that picture was taken almost exactly four months after the head shaving would have occurred. Couldn't that short hair have grown back in that time?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:12:49 PM by georgiapeach »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »

Thanks for posting that link. I don't know why I didn't find it.

I agree with you. Those photos from March and April don't show either Bopper or Mark with less hair than they had during the race. I'm not an expert on the rate of hair growth, but I think it's possible Mark's hair could have grown back by then, but not Bopper's somewhat longer hair. I doubt they they had their hair shaved off back in December.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »
Press photos are up.

Detour A is decorating an elephant and cleaning up after it and is performed by Brenchel, Dave and Rachel

Detour B is packing, crating and delivering ten boxes of ginger and is performed by Art and JJ

Painting the belly of a tiger dancer is the speedbump.

Also, Dave and Rachel are shown receiving a greeting from a High Priest.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »

link deleted

It looks like that picture was taken almost exactly four months after the head shaving would have occurred. Couldn't that short hair have grown back in that time?

There's some from the beginning of March in another album and he look's the same in those too. I really don't think they took the FF , but that's just my opinion. BTW sorry I posted the link , I didn't know we weren't allowed, won't happen again.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:32 PM »

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” --In Detour A, Engaged couple Rachel and Brendon must decorate an elephant for a local festival then clean up after her in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” --In this Speed Bump, Best friend Bopper (center) and Mark (right) must paint a the belly of a Pulikali tiger dancer in order to continue with the race, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” --Army couple Dave and Rachel (right) receive a greeting and the next clue from the Head Priest on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” -In Detour B, Boarder Patrol Agents Art (left) and JJ (right) must pack and crate ten boxes of ginger and deliver them to the shipping depot in other to receive the next clue from the Head Priest on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” --Ralph helps Vanessa who suffers a leg injury during the race, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »

DT - transport crates from market? OR use wheelbarrow to transport elephant dung??

And with the pictures posted by bc922, we can spec that the first task is receiving the greeting and the next clue - the one that must have the FF I think; because, in the clips Rachel (BB) has the classic mark in her forehead when she is at the FF location -.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:10:11 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2012, 01:17:59 PM »

And with the pictures posted by bc922, we can spec that the first task is receiving the greeting and the next clue - the one that must have the FF I think; because, in the clips Rachel (BB) has the classic mark in her forehead when she is at the FF location -.

Also, with Rachel (BB) and Vanessa at the roadblock place at the same time, that means even Brenchel did not do the FF they somehow caught up with Vanessa/Ralph.  It is possible that the V/R were racing against Brenchel when Vanessa fell down.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
One thing that I find interesting is that CBS obviously doesn't care if we know that Brenchel didn't do the fast forward because they show us many clips and pictures of them doing other tasks. But we don't see Mark and Bopper doing anything but the Speed Bump.