Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103755 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Talking about Vanessa's injury, in TARLA 3 one of the girls (Marisol, from Marisol & José) suffered an injury in one of his knees, and stayed in the race but she has to compete using a wheelchair, and that team could be in the race at least for 4 more legs before their elimination.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:10:39 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »
On the other hand, Meredith (of & Gretchen) apparently wouldn't go to the doctor during the race because he was really worried that he would get pulled from the Race, so production can apparently medical DQ a team if they feel like they wouldn't be able to continue safely. (It turned out he did about three legs with a broken foot.)

Not surprised to apparently see a return of the head-shaving FF since it's the perfect combination of a) bringing the drama and b) cheap. Wouldn't be surprised to then see a return of the tattoo FF in 21 or 22 as well then.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. :lol: I've turned\sprained\torn my ankle a number of times, and believe me, it's not fun. I still think Ranessa is medically elim'd. She won't be able to walk right after that.

I think it could possibly be her shoulder....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. :lol: I've turned\sprained\torn my ankle a number of times, and believe me, it's not fun. I still think Ranessa is medically elim'd. She won't be able to walk right after that.

Thats what I was thinking too. I wouldn't doubt her ankle hurts from the fall, but it looked more like a shoulder injury to me.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »

Thats what I was thinking too. I wouldn't doubt her ankle hurts from the fall, but it looked more like a shoulder injury to me.

Agree, it sure looks like she is yelling when Ralph is touching her shoulder, but judging from her reaction I don't think it is that serious.  Also, since they could probably run to that place and most of the time people run that fast only to go to the pit stop, Ralph could probably carry her to the pit stop if she can't walk.

I guess if Brendon/Rachel did not do the FF, the only chance for them to stay in the race is because M/B were so far behind last leg, I won't be surprised if there is no bunching at the start since it would be more fair to the other teams when the non-eliminated team needs to fight back for staying in the race.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Ralph does appear to be touching her shoulder, but she immediately grabs her ankle after her fall. :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
Preview up!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
TEAMS SPRINT THROUGH INDIA, WHERE ONE DETERMINED RACER POWERS THROUGH PAIN IN THE WAKE OF A PHYSICAL MISSTEP, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, APRIL 29

CHEAT TWEET:  One Racer powers through pain in the wake of a physical misstep on #AmazingRace, Sunday, 4/29 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/JkbvKP

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” – One determined Racer powers through pain in the wake of a physical misstep, and teams pull out all of the bells and whistles for a larger than life challenge, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host. 

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
This is so cool. Yeah, I've been saying Vanessa's injury isn't that serious. Does anyone do the FWD successfully? This is turning out to be a surpriseless episode. Who takes the cake? The Army or the Border?

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
PREVIEW!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8974Og3RmkA?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8974Og3RmkA?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

barely touched her shoulder that didn't touch the ground.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
This is so cool. Yeah, I've been saying Vanessa's injury isn't that serious. Does anyone do the FWD successfully? This is turning out to be a surpriseless episode. Who takes the cake? The Army or the Border?

I think Mopper wins the leg.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »

See above, there is a paper with instructions, typically for a Fast Forward, and the Fast Forward instructions for the hay stacking below.

And Uchenna and Joyce's Head shaving Fast Forward

Pretty Sure there is a Fast Forward!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »

Exactly matches Uchenna and Joyce's Fast Forward bottom

I was guessing at the blobs, I don't know if it is right or not.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:22:16 PM by Jimmer25 »

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »

Exactly matches Uchenna and Joyce's Fast Forward bottom

I was guessing at the blobs, I don't know if it is right or not.

I use google chrome and on chrome, you can zoom the page all the way in.  im almost 100% sure the bottom paragragh says "to win the fast forward..."

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »
i wonder how much hair needs to be shaved bc the picture that i cant find of brendon and rachel at the charlotte airport with a fan around christmas; she had hair.

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 11:51:47 PM »
Here's the pic. Rachel could always wear a wig but I think that Brendon's hair is too long to have been shaved just a week or so before. They must decide not to do the FF.

Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 11:59:55 PM »
that is the pic i was looking for. thanks tar fanatic!

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 04:00:22 AM »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 08:10:47 AM »
-__________________________-

That's an insider video from last episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 08:17:02 AM »
I am TRYING to get a good cap of that, will post some and you Chrome guys can help zoom!

SO NICE to have my computer alive!! :hearts: Catching up....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 08:20:38 AM »
Good work Jimmer! I noticed that sign on the preview but forgot to mention it. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »

See above, there is a paper with instructions, typically for a Fast Forward, and the Fast Forward instructions for the hay stacking below.

And Uchenna and Joyce's Head shaving Fast Forward

Pretty Sure there is a Fast Forward!

I think you have it too Jimmer!! :yess:

Here are some attempts...can't get it clear but the first line words match as you say and we can clearly see FF!!

GREAT Job!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 09:38:53 AM »
Here is my take on the FF:

This is made for Mark and Bopper. ARt and JJ and Dave/Rachel can't, Vanessa and Rachel won't/didn't take it.

BUT Mark/Bopper are some awful amount of time behind AND have a SpeedBump.

Like Nary/Jamie's leg, there is no Airport bunching, this will be a more linear leg.

We can HOPE for a HoO...so far we have the dots on the foreheads, a blessing they have to all receive?

But if there is no HoO, and you are Mark and Bopper and are some HUGE ampunt of time behind....would you waste more time trying for thr FF or would you assume it had alrady been done??

And depending on how far they are behind... even if they do the FF there is no guarantee it is enough time to save them.

We need a HoO!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 09:44:28 AM »
I think Mopper can avoid elimination with no bunching and the FF, but not first place. :duno:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »
Here is my take on the FF:

This is made for Mark and Bopper. ARt and JJ and Dave/Rachel can't, Vanessa and Rachel won't/didn't take it.

BUT Mark/Bopper are some awful amount of time behind AND have a SpeedBump.

Like Nary/Jamie's leg, there is no Airport bunching, this will be a more linear leg.

We can HOPE for a HoO...so far we have the dots on the foreheads, a blessing they have to all receive?

But if there is no HoO, and you are Mark and Bopper and are some HUGE ampunt of time behind....would you waste more time trying for thr FF or would you assume it had alrady been done??

And depending on how far they are behind... even if they do the FF there is no guarantee it is enough time to save them.

We need a HoO!!!

Peach, it's what I said in post 20:  time is the key factor in this leg.  If Mark & Bopper are too separated from Art/JJ, Brenchel and Vanessa/Ralph (I don't include Davechel because they were at the PitStop when the 2nd. team were barely arriving to the coffe place to get their next clue), sadly I think they're gonna need a miracle - that it could be a HoO as you wish - to stay in the race.

Or, maybe, that some other team get a little bite of the race karma. :yess:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:33:10 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez