Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103756 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« on: April 22, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »
Thanks to supah3ro for the title find!

TEAMS SPRINT THROUGH INDIA, WHERE ONE DETERMINED RACER POWERS THROUGH PAIN IN THE WAKE OF A PHYSICAL MISSTEP, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, APRIL 29

CHEAT TWEET:  One Racer powers through pain in the wake of a physical misstep on #AmazingRace, Sunday, 4/29 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/JkbvKP

“I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)” – One determined Racer powers through pain in the wake of a physical misstep, and teams pull out all of the bells and whistles for a larger than life challenge, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:26:30 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
PREVIEW!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8974Og3RmkA?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8974Og3RmkA?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

caps here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27114.msg746217.html#msg746217

Promo 1!! Thanks WP!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_CSc7v8GBQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i_CSc7v8GBQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:09:42 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »
saved for Timeline
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:46:29 PM »
saved for summary if any
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »
saved for MAPS
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »
peach, are you uploadin promos soon because i wanna use them for a source for a possible 3rd FF

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
I hope this is a great episode!  ;)
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
The tiger play they showed in the promo for next week is native to kerala and is often performed during the harvest festival of "Onam" in Aug/Sep.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
As soon as I can, not tonight though.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
A comment I originally posted in the Episode 9 live viewing thread:
And the hair shaving fast forward in the next leg (assuming that it is a fast forward....looks like its third appearance on TAR (after TAR 5, leg 9 in Kolkata, and TAR 7, leg 8 in Jodhpur), which has to be a first for the exact same task in the same country no less; and in the first two appearances, both team members had to be head shaved.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 11:20:40 PM »
Based on pictures after this leg (and after filming), I guess she didn't decide to shave her head.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 05:07:17 AM »
below is a pic of the 'tiger men' in the preview, this tiger dance known as Pulikali is part of the Onam Festival in Kerala  :tup:

SPEC - Mark and Bopper's Speed Bump is they have to paint a tiger onto one of the dancer's bodies (you can see Mark putting what looks like a can of paint back on to a table) and Bopper says 'looks like a tiger to me baby!!!' which could mean they painted it well??

and i am sure the 'hair raising' challenge is an FF

i also noticed in the preview when Vanessa falls down, when Ralph is helping her, there is a ROUTE INFO clue next to his foot, they were on their way to the Pit Stop maybe?? i can't imagine them in such a hurry to get to a regular clue
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:19:51 AM by supah3ro »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 06:00:57 AM »
Based on pictures after this leg (and after filming), I guess she didn't decide to shave her head.

You mean the pictures in Hawaii, i think in those pictures you can't see if she has hair or not.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 06:50:38 AM »
Here's the close ups fwiw

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 06:59:52 AM »
Brendon obviously has hair so either they don't do it or it is the worst roadblock ever

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 07:28:13 AM »
No Way is Rachel shaving her head. Or Vanessa either for that matter. Maybe Bopper is safe for another leg and V/R go next. I can hope anyway.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 07:53:48 AM »
Maybe I am off but Brendon's hair is decidely shorter in that pic than when I watched his confessionals last night, still who knows maybe since they are well known they couldn't cut it all the way otherwise people would have known something was up especially since they are in the spotlight alot, and Rachel easily could have had a weave done again before coming back. Or maybe I want the lulz of Rachel being shaved  :lol3:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:57:32 AM by paridy »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »
I don`t understand why they do Cochin back-to-back, when there are so many incredible cities and palaces in India. :duno: :duno: :duno: :duno:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 09:55:23 AM »
I don`t understand why they do Cochin back-to-back, when there are so many incredible cities and palaces in India. :duno: :duno: :duno: :duno:

Probably to save money?

Good point, but then they could go to another part of India, after Tanzania. They also did Cochin in TAR 4.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
No Way is Rachel shaving her head. Or Vanessa either for that matter. Maybe Bopper is safe for another leg and V/R go next. I can hope anyway.

Well, the key in this whole thing is the time difference between Brenchel and Vanessa & Ralph (the other two teams available to go for the FF) and Mark & Bopper in the 10th. leg starting line.
And I'm speculating with the fact that the SB is before the first task (Detour o RB) of this leg.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
I think there should be an HoO before the very first task. Then, I could see a SB+FF+RI/DT task.

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 10:19:31 AM »
I think this is an almost repeat of the week when the Feds were toasted. In that week, Bopper hurt his knee and we were discussing a major medical problem. I thought that would be it. However, they won. Not saying Ranessa will win this week, since she sprained her ankle, but I'm annoyed with CBS for clearly, this week, manipulating footage to show SOME sort of drama. There's just no way Mopper don't get ousted next week. For one, Bopper's knee is probably jelly. Any task related to something other than walking and driving a cab will kill him. Secondly, they're soooooooo far behind to begin this next leg.

"A snapping or popping sound, the kind I heard when my foot shot out from under me, does not automatically indicate a broken ankle. A sound may also accompany a severe sprain."

http://voices.yahoo.com/broken-ankle-symptoms-break-sprain-1617851.html

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »
That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. :lol: I've turned\sprained\torn my ankle a number of times, and believe me, it's not fun. I still think Ranessa is medically elim'd. She won't be able to walk right after that.

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Here's a post on ACL issues. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-surgery

Yes I'm sure it hurts, but who goes faster...a team with a BAD knee (nothing but walking) or a team with a sprained ankle (nothing but limping), Can the bad knee catch up? Don't forget the speedbump.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »
I seriously doubt Bopper has an ACL tear. MAYBE an MCL, but more likely a sprain (but this is not to say that it does not hurt either). Vanessa's ankle is likely to swell if she turned it, making it next to impossible to walk.

Don't forget the Fast Forward. ;D