Author Topic: 2 New twists for season 2  (Read 10798 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
2 New twists for season 2
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:22:07 PM »
Hello.

I found out that the U turn (and yield , should it return) will change its format to the Israeli versions format (everyone votes for who should recive the u turn as aposed to the US versons U turn format)

I also found a new and unheard of twist called the 'Salvage Pass'. Any guesses on what it could be ?

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/04/the-amazing-race-australia-teams/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:30:13 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: 2 New twists for season 2
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »
I hope the article is wrong and the Israeli style U-turn isn't implemented on the race. It's an awful twist and IMO is contrary to what the race is about.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
I dont mind the Israeli U-turn. It changes the game and will force the teams to make alliances.

The Salvage Pass i would guess is like a safetry mat from elinamation. ie If a team comes last but has the pass ,the team is not out and is treated like a non elinamation leg.  Called it a get out of elinamation free card,if you will.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:26:13 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:03:07 PM »
The article is right :) The must vote u-turns is the reason some of the stronger teams are eliminated this season, I won't say who but it will be a shock!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 12:14:18 AM »
I'm guessing that the Salvage Pass might be used to avoid been Uturned or Yielded
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 12:20:37 AM »
can someone please explain to me this 'voting u-turn'?? I'm a bit lost  :duno:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:26:23 AM »
can someone please explain to me this 'voting u-turn'?? I'm a bit lost  :duno:

Everybody vote in one team at the uturn point , the most voted team is uturned . Even if this team is ahead of everybody!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 01:58:50 AM »
Meh...
Voting U-Turn:
Not surprising, seeing as how TARAu seems to copy other ActiveTV-produced TARs tasks and legs.:iok

Salvage Pass:
This sounds interesting, can't wait to see what it is.  :colors

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 07:32:33 AM »
Well like it or not it also on the website.

This year The Amazing Race Australia features several Race firsts – including Must Vote U-Turns and a controversial new Salvage Pass that promises to shake up the first leg of the Race.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/about-the-show/article/-/9169977/the-amazing-race-australia-season-2/

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
[
Hello.

I found out that the U turn (and yield , should it return) will change its format to the Israeli versions format (everyone votes for who should recive the u turn as aposed to the US versons U turn format)

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/04/the-amazing-race-australia-teams/

If this is true then I'm just going to skip the season. It's a race not a popularity contest. I don't watch survivor I wont watch this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:17:35 AM by AR FAN »

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 01:48:26 AM »
How can you judge something when you havent seen it? (unless you have seen the 2nd Israeli season)

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 02:45:44 AM »
How can you judge something when you havent seen it? (unless you have seen the 2nd Israeli season)

I hope it rates well and Aussie audience's like it. It may be the extra drama we need if the teams this season are again are not the most aggressive players. I just hope that the Must Vote U-Turns only happen on some legs of the race and not all of them (I mean not the 1st leg at least because teams won't even have known each other or who is the most competitive/physical threat).

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:09 AM »
I just don't see how this will even work in the Australian version. The legs in the Israeli version are twice as long as the ones in every other version and no teams were eliminated due to the voting because they still had time to catch up. I guess the voting in this season won't be as frequent?

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »
I saw the 2nd Israeli season, I stopped watching half way through. That's like a fat person passing up a double cheeseburger (I love double cheeseburgers). It was that bad. I like to watch a race not a popularity contest.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 11:43:15 PM »
In fairness, I honestly don't think we can trust ActiveTV to run a proper race without screwing it up. At this point, TAR Asia 1 and TAR Australia 1 are flukes.

I hope it rates well and Aussie audience's like it.

Australian audiences tend to HAAAATE player-voting situations in reality shows just as much as British audiences seem to HAAAATE reality shows without phone voting. I can't name a single player-voting show that's ever been renewed, aside from Masterchef (and the relevant episodes were replaced with elimination challenges for the second season).

Even when The Mole did the "give someone an exemption or lose money" challenge, it was cancelled. That's how poorly these sorts of things are received down here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:49:01 AM by tarflyonthewall »

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 01:27:36 AM »
^^ Can you please refrain from using such vulgar language here?? Thanks :D

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 03:58:22 AM »
In fairness, I honestly don't think we can trust ActiveTV to run a proper race without screwing it up. At this point, TAR Asia 1 and TAR Australia 1 are flukes.

I hope it rates well and Aussie audience's like it.

Australian audiences tend to HAAAATE player-voting situations in reality shows just as much as British audiences seem to HAAAATE reality shows without phone voting. I can't name a single player-voting show that's ever been renewed, aside from Masterchef (and the relevant episodes were replaced with elimination challenges for the second season).

Even when The Mole did the "give someone an exemption or lose money" challenge, it was cancelled. That's how poorly these sorts of things are received down here.

Big Brother lasted 8 seasons on 10 and is coming back for a 9th on 9 this year and guess what the players did. They vote to see who should face the public vote to see who get evicted. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:08:29 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 04:02:13 AM »

You're joking, right?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 04:11:06 AM »

You're joking, right?

Agree with him. Asia Season 2 was ****ty (basically because of those Pinoy boys Mutt & Revolting), Season 3 was only interesting because of Ida & Tania, Season 4, don't talk about it.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 04:13:18 AM »

You're joking, right?

Agree with him. Asia Season 2 was ****ty (basically because of those Pinoy boys Mutt & Revolting), Season 3 was only interesting because of Ida & Tania, Season 4, don't talk about it.

I was talking about Australia.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 04:23:53 AM »
Big Brother lasted 8 seasons on 10 and is coming back for a 9th on 9 this year and guess what the players did. They vote to see who should face the public vote to see who get evicted. 

And the season where the rules were changed to give the players the final say, with viewers instead choosing the nominees themselves? It got cancelled.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »

You're joking, right?

I was talking about Australia.

The same people who produce TARAus are supposedly the same people who produced the Asian version and remember how that fell off the cliff. Not a gradual decline but a straight drop.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 12:43:37 AM »

And the season where the rules were changed to give the players the final say, with viewers instead choosing the nominees themselves? It got cancelled.
It got cancelled because of 2 horrable radio host called Kyle and Jackie O taking over the Host role.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 01:12:17 AM »
It got cancelled for many reasons. Much like Australian Survivor - it wasn't just the cast voting that ruined it.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
Ok BB may not be the best example but what about The Biggest Loser. They 'cut the fat' (the shows words not mine)by voting off contestants.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:09:23 PM by theamazingracer21 »