Author Topic: Recap 7/13  (Read 2528 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Recap 7/13
« on: July 14, 2004, 02:09:27 PM »
"I CHOOSE NOT TO": SCOTT WINS PoV, DOESN'T USE IT

The noose continues to tighten around Mike's neck as Scott wins the Power of the Veto in the "Flaringo" ring toss game. After some deliberation, Scott elects not to use the PoV. This decision leaves both Jennifer, a.k.a. Nakomis, and Mike as the HouseGuests still up on the block.

Jase, relishing his Head of Household power, calls the Power of Veto meeting and explains how, in a twist from years previous, not every HouseGuest will be competing. Rather it is the HOH, the two nominees and partners of their choosing who will compete. This immediately ramps up the intensity, as it is clear that each choice will have ramifications on the participants' success or failure in the game. Jase loves the game. His parting exhortation? "It's going to be a shoot-out at the Big Brother corral."

NOBODY WANTS TO BE LIKE MIKE

An on-the-ropes Mike casts about trying to form alliances and help open people up to the power of the Scott-Jase alliance. It's difficult for him to get anybody's ear. Drew says, "You can't even talk to Mike." At no time is this more evident than when Mike goes outside and pulls up a chair to the whole group, and slowly over time, every single person gets up and leaves. Only Diane stays behind.

Mike's frustration at being singled out begins to show as he first lays into Scott, in front of Marvin, saying to him, "Any fool would know you're working together." Later he takes Jase head-on, saying that he knows that he and Scott have an alliance. Jase replies, "I swear on my mother's grave we're not a team." Then, as Mike won't let the subject drop, Jase says, "Quit following me, I'm walking away."

Mike, having grasped what the new "partner" arrangement in the Veto competition means, lets Holly know he'll be choosing her because that will leave him with one less person to compete against. He breaks it down for her, saying, "All you have to do is lose. Can you do that?" She replies, "Lose?" Mike smiles widely and gives her a big you-go-girl gesture.
PINK FLAMINGO + RING TOSS = FLARINGO

Continuing to show his flare for the dramatic, Jase dresses up in a Zorro mask to announce the Power of Veto Competition. Partners are chosen. Mike chooses Holly, Nakomis chooses Drew and Jase chooses Scott.

As they all adjourn to the backyard they find that it has been turned into a miniature pink flamingo theme park dotted with small islands. Essentially, each of the pink flamingos is in one of four zones, and the goal is to toss a ring around each flamingo. In order to stay in the game, a player must toss a ring into a zone of either equal or greater value than the previous player. If a player tosses the ring into one of greater value, the previous player is eliminated.

Drew goes first and manages only to get a ring in Zone 1. Mike goes next, rings into Zone 3, and puts the fear into his fellow HouseGuests. Scott later says, "We're all freaking out that Mike is the Hula Hoop champion of Michigan."

Per Mike's plan, Holly is quickly eliminated. Then, at Scott's urging and to his great joy, Nakomis throws the game. Her actions lead Scott to believe he's pulling the strings. "That kind of demonstrated the amount of power I have," he brags. It's down to just Scott, Jase and Mike. But, when Jase hits one into Zone 4, it's all over for Mike.

Jase wants Scott to win, to even up the power in the Four Horsemen alliance. He feels that with him in the position of HOH, and Scott holding the Veto, they are all-powerful. In the final battle between Scott and Jase, Scott comes through and wins the Power of Veto.
GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE POWER

The girls are feeling the need--the need for an alliance. Adria and Diane are the foundation of a burgeoning girl power alliance. Adria sees things plainly: "It's turning into a battle of the sexes." She adds, "It's like chess, you got to look one move ahead." Diane wants to get the girls together and take the house over. With a gleam in her eye she says, "How cool would it be if I took one of those guys out?"

Diane goes on a recruitment program, pulling in Nakomis and Lori and working on Drew and Will. As the gay man in the house, Will is in a great tactical position and he knows it. "I consider myself one of the girls," he ably puts it. As Diane is talking to Will, she makes a tactical mistake, saying, "I would like to keep you and Drew as long as possible." This sets off all kinds of alarms in the heart and head of the young man from Tupelo, Mississippi, and whatever plans he may have made for allying with the girls are thrown to the four winds.

Will quickly tells Drew, then Drew tells Jase, and the line in the sand between boys and girls, between men and women is drawn. For a moment, this leads to Scott suggesting that he use the Power of the Veto to keep Mike around and put up Adria. But, in the end, Scott chooses not to change a thing. Jennifer and Mike remain up for the first eviction.

Tune in Thursday and find out who's first to go. Will it be Mike, a.k.a. the Don, who's seen as a major threat by the Four Horsemen? Or will it be Jennifer, a.k.a. Nakomis, half-sister to Michael? And, what's the deal with the twin who's swapping in and out? Find out at 8pm in the season's first eviction ceremony on BIG BROTHER 5.

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Recap 7/13
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 02:26:28 PM »
I think that Savage was stupid in what he did!  Maybe I missed something on Thursday b/c I didnt watch but what did Mike do that has Jase and Savage so against him.  After they the guys were told about the girl alliance from the "slightly feminine guy" ( can't remember name right now) wouldnt it have been smart to use the veto and pull mike off the block and put adria up since she is one of the masterminds behind the whole thing?

I must have missed something last week because I dont see how and why Mike is such a threat to Jase and Savage.  I think that the girls are more of a threat than anything.

WHat do you guys think?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Recap 7/13
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 02:39:54 PM »
I saw the last 5 minutes fo the show ~ waiting on AR ~ and the comment of Mike If I stay my goal is to get those two our.  This is the same goal as the girls so I think next HOH challenge will be interesting.  Plus marvin's comment about oh they put the pawn up and no one is suppose to vote for her but then they do...makes me wonder if the guys are going to vote out Jenn.

Will Cowboy go along with that plan.