Author Topic: TARaus 2 Sue and Teresa *Hairdressers*  (Read 12634 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARaus 2 Sue and Teresa *Hairdressers*
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
Sue and Teresa

Hairdressers - WA

These hairdressers from Geraldton, Western Australia, think they may become the Earth mothers of the Race.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:32:35 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:58:09 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus 2 Sue and Teresa *Hairdressers*
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
'Earth mothers'

i love them <333  :hearts:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32:06 AM »
Love them!  :conf:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:58:06 AM »

SUE & TERESA, Hairdressers from Geraldton, WA

AS busy mums, Teresa and her employee Sue say they don’t need much sleep and a small power nap on a plane, boat or bus would set them up for the next challenge ahead.

“Just a bit to rest the mind is all that I need,” Teresa said.

And if it all starts to get too stressful, their coping strategies include hugging trees to ‘get centred’ or using their homemade ‘aura spray’.

“We both feel really connected to the Earth and nature and the universe and have a very spiritual side. We believe what you put out into the universe comes back to you,” Sue said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/whos-who-in-latest-series-of-the-amazing-race/story-e6frewyr-1226334645563

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 03:16:29 AM »
Sue  & Teresa (WA) Official TARAUS Website Bio

These hippy hairdressers from Geraldton, Western Australia, think they may become the Earth mothers of the race.

“Our mothering instincts will come out a bit, especially with the younger crew. I have a soft spot for young people something terrible and I can’t help but try and look after the kids,” says mum-of-three Sue.

Working in a customer-focused industry, these excitable hairdressers believe they have excellent people skills which will hopefully bode well for them on the race.

“In our industry you can’t judge a book by its cover,” says Teresa.

As busy mums, Teresa and her employee Sue say they don’t need much sleep and a small power nap on a plane, boat or bus would set them up for the next challenge ahead.

“Just a bit to rest the mind is all that I need,” says Teresa.

And if it does all start to get too stressful, their coping strategies include hugging trees to “get centered” or using their homemade “aura spray”.

“It’s a mix of essential oils that we spray to cleanse each other’s auras and get rid of any negativity,” explains Teresa.

“So if we’re in trouble on the race we’ll break out the spray for sure. We’ve even bottled it in travel-sized packs so we won’t get stopped by security at the airports.”

Sue adds, “We both feel really connected to the Earth and nature and the universe and have a very spiritual side. We believe what you put out into the universe comes back to you.”

“We’re both good people I think, so hopefully that will come back to help us on the race.”

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
Ugh, I don't like hippies. And they'll probably end up being compared to Brooke & Claire. Put these two things together. Just to spite me they'll end up getting really far.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
Ugh, I don't like hippies. And they'll probably end up being compared to Brooke & Claire. Put these two things together. Just to spite me they'll end up getting really far.

Ew I hope not. These two look much more entertaining then Brook and Claire.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
they look like remind of BJ & Tyler.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
A treat!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNe_dIju8Gg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aNe_dIju8Gg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
Great clip! :)

I get a lot more positive vibes from these two after watching that clip! :)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

Back in the race

Sophie Elliott, Geraldton Newspapers
April 20, 2012, 12:05 pm

Geraldton is back on The Amazing Race stage with hippy hairdressers Teresa Italiano and Sue Bumbak.

Geraldton must be breeding people for reality television with another two local personalities selected for the second series of The Amazing Race Australia.

Cut Loose Hair Designs owner and award winning hairdresser, Teresa Italiano, and salon co-ordinator Sue Bumbak will represent WA in the popular show, competing against 10 other teams for the $250,000 prize.

In the fi rst series of The Amazing Race Australia, Geraldton’s Dave and Kelly Miller and Renae Wauhop participated in the race.

Ms Italiano said being chosen for the show was a dream come true.

“It was something I have always wanted to do but I never thought it would be a reality,” she said.

“I’ve always loved the show and used to always think if it comes to Australia I would go for that.

“The fi rst season slid by and when the second came up I thought I have got to do this.”

Ms Italiano then went in to the salon where her employee and friend of 30 years Ms Bumbak suggested they do it together.

Ms Bumbak said they still couldn’t believe they were selected.

“We keep thinking this is hilarious because really, what are the chances,” she said.

The pair had to lie to family, friends and colleagues about their whereabouts during fi lming, with excuses for disappearing including being in the outback and having a breakdown.

Ms Bumbak said Geraldton obviously produced “good characters” for reality shows, including Megan Appleby from My Kitchen Rules.

Ms Italiano said she believed the work ethic from country-based contestants made them standout.

“When you come from the country you always try harder at whatever you do,” she said.

“You go the extra mile to prove that just because you are from country, it doesn’t mean you are not as good.”

The girls both feel a strong connection to the Earth and will be portrayed as the “hippy hairdressers” in the show.

And they have a secret weapon to assist them in their quest — an aura spray made of essential oils, which cleanses auras and removes negativity.

The Amazing Race Australia returns to GWN7 soon.

See The Sauce in Wednesday’s Guardian as the ‘hippy hairdressers’ talk tactics, strengths, weaknesses and fitness levels.

SOPHIE ELLIOTT

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/news/13481228/back-in-the-race/
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »

Race pair with high hopes

Pam Brown, The West Australian
Updated May 23, 2012, 1:00 pm

Sue & Teresa from Geraldton.

Billed as the Earth Mothers of The Amazing Race Australia, Geraldton friends Sue Bumbak and Teresa Italiano do nothing to discourage the label, calmly tackling the challenges in the first episode while others around them panic.

Frequent spraying of their secret weapon - a calming mixture of essential oils and essences -  :o  helps. Customers in Italiano's hairdressing salon, Cut Loose, are familiar with that spray and no doubt with her effervescent personality.

Italiano said she had always wanted to compete in The Amazing Race. "I have watched all the races and I thought, 'Oh, if that ever comes to Australia I am doing it'. Then the first one came and I wasn't really that organised," she said.

"The second season came up and I thought I have to go for this. So I came to work and Sue and I were talking and she said 'I could do this race with you'. Less than a week before the entry had to be in, we did the video and bam!"

The Amazing Race Australia, starting next week on Seven and GWN7, will see 11 teams race more than 65,000km across four continents with the winning team taking home $250,000.

There are some interesting combinations. Workmates Paul and Steve have been tagged the alpha males for their aggression and determination but they are well matched by the Barbies, pink-clad cheerleading twins Michelle and Jo. Then there is 32-year-old cougar Sarah, who starts the race in high heels, and her 23-year-old boyfriend James.

Cousins Adam and Zane are the race's first indigenous team while Shane and Andrew hope their police background will give them an edge.

Italiano and Bumbak's advantage is in their practical skills and country-bred resilience.
Bumbak works part-time as Italiano's salon co-ordinator and is also a youth worker. This proved to be convenient when the two had to explain their disappearance while they competed in the show.

"I said I was going on a camp in the outback where there were no phones," Bumbak laughed.

Italiano told her family and friends she had reached a point where she had to get away and take some time out and was not taking her phone. "It was really hard," she said. "I made up a bit of a sob story so nobody actually asked."

Bumbak has three children aged 18, 16 and 14, while Italiano has a six-year-old son.

So how easy was it to keep them in the dark while they trained for the race? The answer is very, because they did not train.

"Our preparation was sitting around together just talking about it," Bumbak said.

Italiano added: "Well, we are fairly fit. Sue rides a bike and I play soccer and she plays water polo so it's not like we sit around. We've got fit minds and if you have a fit mind you can take your body wherever it needs to go."

They have been friends for 25 years and are Geraldton born and bred.

"We met when I was an apprentice hairdresser and Sue was the Saturday morning girl at the salon," Italiano said. "I used to pick her up in my car - who knows where I had been the night before - and just about kill her on the way to work. I was a bit of an out-there driver. I think Sue shook her head, took deep breaths and hoped for the best."

Bumbak said: "We figured we would be a good team for The Amazing Race because we can say what we like to each other. We might not like it but we will take it on board and think about it. We might huff and puff but we think about it and it is over, it doesn't mean anything."

And what did they learn from their time as The Amazing Race competitors? "I don't have a lot of patience," Italiano said. "When I want something I want it now. I think the race has taught me a lot about patience and having to stop and listen to other people - and tolerance."

Bumbak agreed, adding: "I found I was capable of some of the things, which I can't talk about specifically, and some things brought me right back down to earth. I was not as good as I thought. It was a humbling experience as well."

The Amazing Race Australia starts May 30 at 9pm on Seven/and GWN7

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/13760074/race-pair-with-high-hopes/
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Dominic

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
From the last place and finished 4th, I love them. :luvya:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
I want their spray   :hearts:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »
Ew I hope not. These two look much more entertaining then Brook and Claire.

Brook was great. 

The aura spray thing seems a bit of a gimmick, but they seem ok so far.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:18:01 AM by starrynight »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 12:40:37 AM »
I found them pretty likeable, but also rather boring... :duno:

I can't say I dislike them, but I definitely don't like them as much as most teams.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 02:20:09 AM »
From the last place and finished 4th, I love them. :luvya:
Hmmm I think they got lucky with the raft building though.  :duno:
Maaybe 'luck' is not the right word, but I meant, it's something that was up their alley.
Not sure they're as 'allround' and quick-to-catch-on as some of the other teams.

They seem ok enough but I can't see them getting very far for now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:29:48 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
Finally! A hippie team done right!  :hearts:

That aura-cleansing spray  :lol:
Bring on the 21!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 10:55:16 AM »

That aura-cleansing spray  :lol:

But what happens when it's finished?  :duno:
The way they are using it, it's not going to last long! :lol3:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 06:11:07 AM »
For those of you feeling too much negativity in your life, heres a link to an aura spray recipe which you can use to help you get those positive vibes going! https://groups.google.com/group/everythingdoterra/browse_thread/thread/51e9b93bf1a69cf

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 06:26:22 AM »
For those of you feeling too much negativity in your life, heres a link to an aura spray recipe which you can use to help you get those positive vibes going! https://groups.google.com/group/everythingdoterra/browse_thread/thread/51e9b93bf1a69cf

:haha

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
Show content
In the immortal words of Jeff and Jordan- See you later, Sauerkraut!

:boot:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
A recipe for the aura spray. Really?  :lol:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 07:32:17 PM »
Please everyone, keep the spoilers in the spoilers for 3 days to give the rest of us time to watch!
RFF's Golden Rule: