Author Topic: TARaus 2 Paul and Steve *Workmates*  (Read 26252 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus 2 Paul and Steve *Workmates*
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
In my opinion, Paul is way worse than Art & JJ (together!). He's WAY too cocky and aggressive for his own good (and everyone else's :lol:). Every time it's, "Oh, we'll just stomp all over everyone. We don't care," and it's just so annoying. :res: I also didn't like how Paul got frustrated at Steve for "sharing information" at the airport. The least of his troubles is sharing flight information that everyone else already knows. Steve is making an attempt to get other teams to like them (or him) more so they'll be less inclined to vote U-Turn them, which is much wiser than Paul's, "Oh we'll just beat them all. Who cares about them, stop talking to them," tactic. Paul's certainly not making any friends or allies with his ignoring everyone tactic.

There's obviously a reason some teams didn't like them Paul on the race. :res:

Very well put! ;)

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »
I also didn't like how Paul got frustrated at Steve for "sharing information" at the airport. The least of his troubles is sharing flight information that everyone else already knows. Steve is making an attempt to get other teams to like them (or him) more so they'll be less inclined to vote U-Turn them, which is much wiser than Paul's, "Oh we'll just beat them all. Who cares about them, stop talking to them," tactic. Paul's certainly not making any friends or allies with his ignoring everyone tactic.

I thought Steve's choice to share flight information was the smarter move for 2 reasons.  The first is the reason you listed: making people less inclined to U-Turn (or Yield) them.  The other reason: You want to have at least one other team on your flight just in case any thing goes wrong with connections or other delays.  That way you always have a shot at "not last."

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
But Paul isn't being a jerk to people, when he says that he's smarter than everyone it's during confessionals.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 03:04:44 PM »
Yet he also says in confessionals that he needs to prove and back up that he is smart by performing well at roadblocks. You would only need to back up that you are smart by bragging about being smart. Hence, he has told others that he is really smart.

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
Yet he also says in confessionals that he needs to prove and back up that he is smart by performing well at roadblocks. You would only need to back up that you are smart by bragging about being smart. Hence, he has told others that he is really smart.

I really haven't seen him bragging to other racers at all. I think he means to prove and back up what he says to the tv audience. He is on national TV after all.  ;)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »

I really haven't seen him bragging to other racers at all. I think he means to prove and back up what he says to the tv audience. He is on national TV after all.  ;)

I wouldn't think he needs to do that. Plus, there has to be something they are doing to make 6 other teams vote for them in Voting U-Turn in Dubai

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »

Then how do all the other teams know that he's bragging? ???

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 01:17:27 AM »
I have to admit, I've been warming up to them. Paul was really, REALLY arrogant and annoying at the start, but he's slackened off and he has started to enjoy the race. This is a side of Paul unlike Normal Paul, Evil Paul and Sexy Paul, and this Paul is quite nice. Steve was always pretty fine.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 06:20:43 AM »
Honestly, there are some reasons why we're warming up to Paul [ including me ] ;
-He's always in 1st so he's happy  :res:
-He's getting somewhat less screentime.. but also less interaction with teams.

So yeah...

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »
Then how do all the other teams know that he's bragging? ???

I wonder if the U-Turn vote was due to Kym telling the other racers that Paul is dirty, after the whole thing with his backpack knocking down the pots. That's the only thing that I can think of, that would cause other racers not to like him. Before that, I could only understand why the viewers may not like him.

At this point, Paul is looked upon as the lesser of 2 evils, when compared to DisGrace. Much lesser!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »
Some interesting things came up last night. I managed to have a good chat with Paul about his time on the race.

- He knew that as a competitive person, he was likely to be portrayed as a villain (Richard and Joey didn't)  he has chosen to embrace that instead of trying to push it away.

- He claimed that he barely nudged Grace, but because of the weight difference it put her off balance. According to him she went down to one knee, but that was it.

- Kym and Donna were aware that they probably wouldn't have had enough pots had the backpack incident not occurred, but Donna was certain that Paul did it deliberately. "What you didn't see was he picked up his backpack and put it on first before he nudged the cart with it."

- Paul is pretty cool when there's not a competition attached, although he did seem to want to play up his villain status during question time. He did say he found it weird that people were treating them like celebrities.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
Do you think there's any doubt about who the winner team will be?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »
Do you think there's any doubt about who the winner team will be?

They gave away nothing to do with results. Current form would indicate Paul and Steve, but that didn't work for Eric and Jeremy.