Author Topic: TARaus 2 Paul and Steve *Workmates*  (Read 26253 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TARaus 2 Paul and Steve *Workmates*
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 07:52:24 AM »
A question: did this U-Turned team get the best rank in a single U-Turn leg in TAR history?

If my memory serves me right, they are the only team to survive a single U-Turn

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
A question: did this U-Turned team get the best rank in a single U-Turn leg in TAR history?

If my memory serves me right, they are the only team to survive a single U-Turn

Well..actually all the teams that were U-Turned in any episodes of TAR Israel 2 survived too.
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »
I get the feeling that they will be the victims of every single Voting U-Turn... :lol: Let's just hope that there are lots of Voting U-Turns!!!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
Nope, Alon & Oren got vote U-turned in HaMerotz LaMillion 2 and still won the leg.

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
I feel like last episode was Steve's time to shine. He's definitely the better half of this team (and really hot).

Paul is just an arrogant douchebag and Steve is strong, proud, and silent (like his refusal to give up in the first leg during the raft building challenge while Paul was whining and wanting to quit). Steve also seems friendly with other teams (sharing flight info last episode) where Paul is just rude to everyone.

I hope there is some weird twist where their team is split and Paul gets eliminated and Steve gets to run the race alone.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »
I feel like last episode was Steve's time to shine. He's definitely the better half of this team (and really hot).

Paul is just an arrogant douchebag and Steve is strong, proud, and silent (like his refusal to give up in the first leg during the raft building challenge while Paul was whining and wanting to quit). Steve also seems friendly with other teams (sharing flight info last episode) where Paul is just rude to everyone.

I hope there is some weird twist where their team is split and Paul gets eliminated and Steve gets to run the race alone.

Are you kidding me? I guess I'm not sure what level of detail I'm allowed to go into in this thread (for spoilers) but last night's episode was Paul's time to shine, he rocked at least 2 of the 3 challenges even though he was continually being ostracised and accused by the other teams

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »
Poor Paul...he is totally traumatized  :'( He must have been ultra bullied , that's why he is so defensive.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 09:28:52 PM »

Are you kidding me? I guess I'm not sure what level of detail I'm allowed to go into in this thread (for spoilers) but last night's episode was Paul's time to shine, he rocked at least 2 of the 3 challenges even though he was continually being ostracised and accused by the other teams
Rule of thumb regarding spoilers: If it's something you know only because of the spoiler threads, don't say it anywhere else, don't even hint toward it.

But regarding Paul, I definitely feel for him with the bullying. Now I don't feel like what we were shown from Grace was really bullying, I understand why it bothers him so much.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »
But just because he's been bullied, that doesn't give him a reason to act so... lkasdjflajsdklfjadslfkads to everyone else. :res:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »
But just because he's been bullied, that doesn't give him a reason to act so... lkasdjflajsdklfjadslfkads to everyone else. :res:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:49 PM »
I hate Paul's arrogance, whether he can back it up or not, or if he had a "traumatic" childhood. :gaah:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:07:22 PM by supah3ro »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 04:14:28 AM »

Completely agree. :tup:

Well Paul hates bullies, so to defend himself against bullies, he decides to bully people. :res: :crazy:

At least that's my opinion of the situation...

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 05:56:48 AM »
Paul is determined. He is not a bully. If he is, then Colton Cumbie is Diablo.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »

Well Paul hates bullies, so to defend himself against bullies, he decides to bully people. :res: :crazy:

I just hate how he is such a hypocrite. :gaah:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »

I just hate how he is such a hypocrite. :gaah:

Me too... :res:

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »
Who has Paul bullied, really?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 04:55:13 AM »

THIS! How does not speaking to someone who is bothering you count as bullying, exactly?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
Well perhaps bullying is too strong a word, but from what we've seen on screen, he's put no effort into mingling with the other teams in any way and shown no interest in getting to know them. Perhaps we're just getting the worst of him on editing, but I can comment only on what I've seen. :tup:

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:18 AM »

THIS! How does not speaking to someone who is bothering you count as bullying, exactly?
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 08:25:24 AM »
Well perhaps bullying is too strong a word, but from what we've seen on screen, he's put no effort into mingling with the other teams in any way and shown no interest in getting to know them. Perhaps we're just getting the worst of him on editing, but I can comment only on what I've seen. :tup:
This irks me in real life, some people are not social butterflies, some people are shy, some people prefer to keep to themselves, some people find it hard to make conversation or small talk and some people are naturally quiet. Life is not often easy for these people but change can be difficult or even not wanted. Oftentimes you have to accept people for who they are and respect their life choices, it is NOT ok to go and talk smack about someone because they aren't normal or don't choose to live their life the way you choose to live yours.
This is nothing against you personally "racer", I just thought I should point out that a more reserved lifestyle is in no way akin to bullying. In a social context, a person is under no obligation to talk to anyone, they can choose to and conversely they can choose not to, either way their decision should be respected.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »
It's not that he hasn't mingled, but he has also been bragging how better he is at everything and how he is an alpha male. Bragging alone can also put someone's feelings down. This is the one reason I hate Paul for making others feel not as good. This would be the answer to "Who has Paul really bullied?"

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 08:52:06 AM »
It's not that he hasn't mingled, but he has also been bragging how better he is at everything and how he is an alpha male. Bragging alone can also put someone's feelings down. This is the one reason I hate Paul for making others feel not as good. This would be the answer to "Who has Paul really bullied?"

the good thing is most of the bragging incident is either in their confessional or just between him and Steve. He is just too confident of their team that some people mght be misunderstanding them. They chose not to mingle to other teams because they are here to race not to mingle. All of this could be their style of racing. Editing made a big role for them to look too villanious but i think they are not really like thats.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 09:43:48 AM »
This irks me in real life, some people are not social butterflies, some people are shy, some people prefer to keep to themselves, some people find it hard to make conversation or small talk and some people are naturally quiet. Life is not often easy for these people but change can be difficult or even not wanted. Oftentimes you have to accept people for who they are and respect their life choices, it is NOT ok to go and talk smack about someone because they aren't normal or don't choose to live their life the way you choose to live yours.
This is nothing against you personally "racer", I just thought I should point out that a more reserved lifestyle is in no way akin to bullying. In a social context, a person is under no obligation to talk to anyone, they can choose to and conversely they can choose not to, either way their decision should be respected.

Yeah, and that description you gave fits me as well, and I definitely would keep to myself a lot on the race as well. But you can't complain about 'bullying' if you are willingly and voluntarily excluding yourself... :res:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »
In my opinion, Paul is way worse than Art & JJ (together!). He's WAY too cocky and aggressive for his own good (and everyone else's :lol:). Every time it's, "Oh, we'll just stomp all over everyone. We don't care," and it's just so annoying. :res: I also didn't like how Paul got frustrated at Steve for "sharing information" at the airport. The least of his troubles is sharing flight information that everyone else already knows. Steve is making an attempt to get other teams to like them (or him) more so they'll be less inclined to vote U-Turn them, which is much wiser than Paul's, "Oh we'll just beat them all. Who cares about them, stop talking to them," tactic. Paul's certainly not making any friends or allies with his ignoring everyone tactic.

There's obviously a reason some teams didn't like them Paul on the race. :res: