The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARaus 2 Lucy and Emilia *Sisters*

(1/19) > >>

georgiapeach:
Lucy and Emilia

Sisters - NSW

Larger-than-life Sydney sisters with a strong Italian heritage, Lucy and Emilia do everything together.

georgiapeach:
RFF contestant reveal here, thanks to ovalorange!  :yes:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26379.msg733978.html#msg733978

theamazingracer21:
I going for them

ovalorange:

LUCY & EMILIA, Sydney sisters, strong Italian heritage

THEY live together, work together as teachers at the same school and have recently taken up training together at the gym.

Lucy, 36 and Emilia, 30, have come into the Race after a particularly tough year.

They’ve been nursing their mother through her battle with cancer but with the encouragement of their mum they entered the Race.

“She knows this has been our dream forever. It’s made us more determined. Basically, we’re still here for fun, but I also think that we’re here to do it really properly,” Emilia said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/whos-who-in-latest-series-of-the-amazing-race/story-e6frewyr-1226334645563

supah:
Lucy & Emilia (NSW) Official TARAUS Website Bio

Larger-than-life Sydney sisters with a strong Italian heritage, Lucy and Emilia do everything together.

They live together at home with their mum, work together as teachers at the same school, and have recently taken up training together at the gym.

“It’s more for the perve factor than anything else. We go together as much as we can,” says older sister Lucy, 36.

It was she who gave younger sister Emilia, 30, the nickname “Wog Barbie” when they were growing up. “You know, big hair. Loves dressing up. And we’re wogs, obviously,” Lucy laughs.

Emilia adds, “I guess we do have quite a few of those classic Italian traits. We’re passionate, we talk with our hands, we talk a lot, we cry a lot, we laugh a lot!”

“And loudly!” Lucy continues. “All moments with Emilia are memorable. She is hilarious!”

Lucy and Emilia have come into the race after a particularly tough year.

They’ve been nursing their beloved mother through her battle with cancer – the same disease which claimed their father’s life when they were just children. Their mum encouraged them to go on the race.

“She knows this has been our dream forever. I think it’s made us more determined. Basically we’re still here for fun, but I also think that we’re here to do it really properly.”

Emilia says, “If our 67-year-old Mum can survive chemo then we can do just about anything. She’s our motivation. After what’s happened I’m in it to win it.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version