Author Topic: TARaus 2 James and Sarah *Dating*  (Read 51592 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARaus 2 James and Sarah *Dating*
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »
James and Sarah

Dating - Vic

The 9 year age difference between James, 23, and Sarah, 32, is something their friends and family sometimes find hard to overlook.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:13:26 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARaus 2 James and Sarah *Dating*
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
saved
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:14:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:51:01 AM »

JAMES & SARAH, dating, have a nine-year age difference, live in Melbourne

THEIR relationship is often on-again/off-again, or as Sarah calls it: “a bit of a car crash.”

Sarah’s race preparation involved getting the perfect hybrid runner/heel made, which she calls a ‘hunner’ and finding the right hair gel for James to withstand the gruelling conditions they face.

“We might fail all the challenges but at least we’ll look good while we’re doing it,” James said.

James is a bar manager and Sarah is a laser technician and beauty salon owner.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/whos-who-in-latest-series-of-the-amazing-race/story-e6frewyr-1226334645563

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 02:58:23 AM »
i don't know why but she reminds me of Rachel Reilly....  :duno:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:15:10 AM »
James & Sarah (VIC) Official TARAUS Website Bio

The 9 year age difference between James, 23, and Sarah, 32, is something their friends and family sometimes find hard to overlook.

“A lot of people see it as a kind of cougar and toy boy type of thing,” says divorcee Sarah. “But let them think what they want to think.”

This volatile Melbourne couple started as friends and freely admit their romantic relationship is often on-again/off-again, or as Sarah says “a bit of a car crash”.

“It’s kind of like we can’t live with each other – we tried that and it didn’t work. But we can’t live without each other either,” says bar manager James.

“We can’t really stand each other’s company for more than two hours. She talks all the time. I’ve developed selective hearing. If it was an Olympic event I’d win gold.”

Sarah’s work as a laser clinician and beauty salon owner means she likes to maintain a highly-polished appearance, and isn’t averse to the odd bit of cosmetic enhancement.

“Maintaining my look won’t be a problem on the race because most of my makeup is tattooed on.”

Sarah might also raise some eyebrows with her race attire, which consists largely of skirts and heels.

“I don’t wear shorts and I can’t wear flat shoes because it makes my calves hurt. I have to wear heels. So I went to a bunch of shoe places to see if they could make me a hybrid heel runner. I call it a “hunner”. I went through about 10 versions before we got it right. They’re my secret weapon.”

“I know people will look at the hair and makeup and clothes and think I’m up myself but I don’t care,” she says.

Sarah describes herself as a “pushy, loud and persuasive person” who somehow always gets what she wants.

And while Sarah’s race preparation involved testing her makeup in the sauna and finding the right hair gel for James to withstand the gruelling conditions they are expecting, at least James hit the gym to try to improve his fitness levels.

“We might fail all the challenges but at least we’ll try to look good while we’re doing it,” laughs James.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:36:50 AM »
I'm willing to bet money that these will be Chris & Anastasia 2.0, :lol3: although probably not as bad :lol: and I don't foresee them making it as far either. :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
Chris & Anastasia 2.0 :hearts:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
"We fight a lot and we laugh a lot"

REALITY TV couple Sarah and James say a nine-year age gap and constant fights keeps their relationship exciting.

SARAH ROZA, 33

"I married young. I met my husband at 16 but, by 2007, I realised we were different people to who we'd been then and we split up. I threw myself into work; I'm a beauty therapist with two of my own salons and, after work, I'd often take my laptop to a nearby bar where James worked. I started noticing he was cute.

One night in late 2008, we started chatting. He was putting together a new cocktail menu and got me to try his creations - I was soon drunk. After that, I'd always chat to him when I went in. He used to listen to me talking; he was paid to, so he didn't have a choice!

It never occurred to me that we'd be anything other than friends. He was easy to talk to and I liked that he told it to me straight, whereas a lot of guys told me what they thought I wanted to hear. After being with the same person for so long, I wanted to go out and have fun. And James was often the person I'd go out with.

But we were just friends for a long time. He was wary of me having split up with my husband and didn't want to be the rebound guy. And I was still adjusting to being single.

Even when we did finally get together, in January 2011, it was in dribs and drabs. It was very intense, then we'd back off. We categorised ourselves as 'friends with benefits' for a while. We see ourselves as boyfriend and girlfriend now, but it's not as if we sat down and said, "OK, from now on, we're in a proper relationship." It just evolved.

I was up-front about how old I am, but it's never been an issue. Because I'm in the beauty business, I always make an effort with my appearance and I act younger than I am, and James seems older than he is, so we meet in the middle. A lot of people see it as a 'cougar and toy boy' type of thing, but let them think what they want; we just enjoy each other's company.

That said, our relationship has always been volatile. We both think we're right all the time. Once I've decided something is happening, it's my way or the highway and nothing will change my mind, which James finds difficult.

We're always fighting - there isn't one day that goes past when we don't - but I don't see it as a bad thing. I'd rather James spits out what's troubling him as opposed to holding it in. When I was married, I'd keep my mouth shut, but now I don't care about ruffling feathers. If James annoys me, I'll tell him. And vice versa. We fight a lot, but we laugh a lot, too. No one can make me laugh like James can. We've split up a few times, but it never lasts for long. We're like magnets - we can't leave each other alone.

Going on The Amazing Race Australia was difficult because you have to be no more than six metres apart for the duration of the race and we drove each other nuts. There were times when we wanted to kill each other, but five minutes later, we were laughing. It brought us closer together; if we can survive that, we can survive anything.

Will we get married? Never say never, but I'm happy with things the way they are. If he drives me crazy, I can take off. But I always come back because I value his opinion. He keeps me on my toes - that's our secret. The downfall of many relationships is becoming too comfy. Our relationship may not be everyone's style, but it works for us."

JAMES KINGSBURY, 24

"Our relationship is like deep-sea diving - you see lots of beautiful fish and you enjoy it but, every now and then, you need a breath of fresh air. We can't stand each other's company for more than a few hours. She talks all the time. I tune out; I've developed selective hearing.

Our relationship takes a lot of energy on both our parts, but no matter how many flaws I see in Sarah, I still genuinely enjoy spending time with her. Sure, sometimes she'll go a bit psycho and I'll need some space, but if you can find someone you still want to hang around with even though they drive you nuts, then you have to be doing something right."

REALITY TV couple Sarah and James say a nine-year age gap and constant fights keeps their relationship exciting.

SARAH ROZA, 33

"I married young. I met my husband at 16 but, by 2007, I realised we were different people to who we'd been then and we split up. I threw myself into work; I'm a beauty therapist with two of my own salons and, after work, I'd often take my laptop to a nearby bar where James worked. I started noticing he was cute.

One night in late 2008, we started chatting. He was putting together a new cocktail menu and got me to try his creations - I was soon drunk. After that, I'd always chat to him when I went in. He used to listen to me talking; he was paid to, so he didn't have a choice!

It never occurred to me that we'd be anything other than friends. He was easy to talk to and I liked that he told it to me straight, whereas a lot of guys told me what they thought I wanted to hear. After being with the same person for so long, I wanted to go out and have fun. And James was often the person I'd go out with.

But we were just friends for a long time. He was wary of me having split up with my husband and didn't want to be the rebound guy. And I was still adjusting to being single.

Even when we did finally get together, in January 2011, it was in dribs and drabs. It was very intense, then we'd back off. We categorised ourselves as 'friends with benefits' for a while. We see ourselves as boyfriend and girlfriend now, but it's not as if we sat down and said, "OK, from now on, we're in a proper relationship." It just evolved.

I was up-front about how old I am, but it's never been an issue. Because I'm in the beauty business, I always make an effort with my appearance and I act younger than I am, and James seems older than he is, so we meet in the middle. A lot of people see it as a 'cougar and toy boy' type of thing, but let them think what they want; we just enjoy each other's company.

That said, our relationship has always been volatile. We both think we're right all the time. Once I've decided something is happening, it's my way or the highway and nothing will change my mind, which James finds difficult.

We're always fighting - there isn't one day that goes past when we don't - but I don't see it as a bad thing. I'd rather James spits out what's troubling him as opposed to holding it in. When I was married, I'd keep my mouth shut, but now I don't care about ruffling feathers. If James annoys me, I'll tell him. And vice versa. We fight a lot, but we laugh a lot, too. No one can make me laugh like James can. We've split up a few times, but it never lasts for long. We're like magnets - we can't leave each other alone.

Going on The Amazing Race Australia was difficult because you have to be no more than six metres apart for the duration of the race and we drove each other nuts. There were times when we wanted to kill each other, but five minutes later, we were laughing. It brought us closer together; if we can survive that, we can survive anything.

Will we get married? Never say never, but I'm happy with things the way they are. If he drives me crazy, I can take off. But I always come back because I value his opinion. He keeps me on my toes - that's our secret. The downfall of many relationships is becoming too comfy. Our relationship may not be everyone's style, but it works for us."

JAMES KINGSBURY, 24

"Our relationship is like deep-sea diving - you see lots of beautiful fish and you enjoy it but, every now and then, you need a breath of fresh air. We can't stand each other's company for more than a few hours. She talks all the time. I tune out; I've developed selective hearing.

Our relationship takes a lot of energy on both our parts, but no matter how many flaws I see in Sarah, I still genuinely enjoy spending time with her. Sure, sometimes she'll go a bit psycho and I'll need some space, but if you can find someone you still want to hang around with even though they drive you nuts, then you have to be doing something right."

>> Series two of The Amazing Race Australia starts May 30, at 9pm, on the Seven Network.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 03:06:03 AM »
Maybe. They are a 50/50 chance of good and bad.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
they're stupid and strong  :lol: i like them but i think that one task could eliminate them  :duno:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »
Sarah seems that cougar that fight with other women because of looks and this kind of staff...
 :eww
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
James and Sarah will be doing a live Q & A in 5 minutes on the Yahoo 7 website: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/live-chat/

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 09:00:30 PM »
OMG. I LOVE SARAH<3333333

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
Wow heels while running the race! I love them <33333333
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »
Sarah's the one to watch... sans the censorship...  :groan:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
GOOOOOOOO MOTHER & SON WANNABE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 01:09:48 AM »
GOOOOOOOO MOTHER & SON WANNABE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

hahahaha... a mother @ 9 yrs old...  :lol:

Offline roninmedia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
Seems like its more likely than not that wardrobe malfunctions will continue to come from Sarah.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 11:08:49 AM »
Seems like its more likely than not that wardrobe malfunctions will continue to come from Sarah.

"wardrobe malfunctions" is a politically correct phrase... provided that their team is not eliminated...  :)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
Sarah - "I'm not wearing clonky, hippy, runners. My legs hurt when I'm in flats! These are my high-breed runner heels ... heel runners ... hunners!"

LOL  :lol:
Bring on the 21!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »
Sarah - "Thank god for Botox!"

:lol:

That should be the episode title
Bring on the 21!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 03:40:01 AM »
Sarah is just amazing and I really hope she teaches Paul a lesson next week.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 05:09:41 AM »
This woman is just... amazingly hilarious! :hearts:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!