Author Topic: TARaus 2 Adam and Dane *Cousins*  (Read 9329 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARaus 2 Adam and Dane *Cousins*
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »

Adam and Dane

Cousins - Qld & NSW

These fun-loving cousins grew up together in Tweed Heads and are determined to make their mark as the first indigenous team in the Race.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:09:29 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARaus 2 Adam and Dane
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARaus 2 Adam and Dane *Cousins*
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »
COUSINS Adam and Dane are focused on the prize for the new season of The Amazing Race Australia ... well, almost.
"Dane's a hopeless navigator. He's always too busy checking himself out in the rear-vision mirror. Mr Vain!" said merchant seaman and father-of-two Adam about his 29-year-old cousin whom he grew up with in Tweed Heads.

"Vain Dane", who now works in Brisbane as a cardiac scientist, said his goal on the series which sends teams on a mad dash around the world would be to prove he can go at least 24 hours without looking at his reflection.

"We're very competitive, down to our bones," Dane said. "We both realise our strength is we're young and fit. If it comes down to the crunch and we have to do something to push ourselves through, we will race hard to win."

The indigenous duo will be up against 11 other teams of two, including the only other contestants from Queensland.

Adam and Dane have also had a hard time in the past, losing a best friend in the Bali terrorist bombings. It made them appreciate the importance of friends and family. "We're as close as brothers and we want to live every day like it's our last," Dane said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/tv/hard-times-to-help-racers-push-for-win/story-e6freqj6-1226333817758
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:10:54 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
I'm going for them because one of them has the same name as me  :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
I'm going for them because one of them has the same name as me  :lol:

:o
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
I guess this confirms that its NOT Big Brother Australia winner Trevor Bulter
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »
I guess this confirms that its NOT Big Brother Australia winner Trevor Bulter
Deffanty a good look alike. But thank godness that we not need formar realarty show contestants like the US verson.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:50:08 AM »

ADAM & DANE, Cousins, grew up together in Tweed Heads

THIS pair will make Amazing Race Australia history as the first Indigenous team.

“Dane wants to analyse everything. He’s a taskmaster. I’m more impulsive. But hopefully we’ll balance each other out,” Adam said.

Losing one of their best mates in the Bali bombing brought them closer and made them appreciate the importance of friends and family.

“We want to live every day like it’s our last. That’s the approach we’re bringing to the Race. We’re going to enjoy every moment,” Dane, 29 said.

Dane is a cardiac scientist and lives in Brisbane.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/whos-who-in-latest-series-of-the-amazing-race/story-e6frewyr-1226334645563

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 03:08:41 AM »
Adam & Dane (QLD and NSW) Official TARAUS Website Bio

These fun-loving cousins grew up together in Tweed Heads and are determined to make their mark as the first indigenous team in the race.

“I think our indigenous background will definitely help us on the race. You know, the tracking side of things,” says Adam, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

“Yep, we never get lost,” adds Dane with his distinctive laugh.

The reality is somewhat different.

“Dane’s a hopeless navigator. He’s always too busy checking himself out in the rear vision mirror. Mr Vain!” says Adam.

Dane, 29, adds, “My goal on the race is to prove to Adam that I can go a full twenty four hours without looking at my reflection.”

Growing up these “cuzzies” attended the same school, played footy together and spent a lot of time in the ocean.

They still catch up regularly despite Dane having moved to Brisbane to pursue his career as a cardiac scientist.

Adam says, “Dane wants to analyse everything. He’s a taskmaster. I’m more impulsive. But hopefully we’ll balance each other out. ”

“We’re very competitive, down to our bones,” adds Dane. “We both realise our strength is we’re young and fit. If it comes down to the crunch and we have to do something to push ourselves through, we will race hard to win.”

“I have a huge respect for other places and their cultures,” says merchant seaman Adam. “For me, my culture runs pretty deep. I still believe in that sort of stuff, the Dreamtime.”

The dad to Eva, 6, and Nate, 2, and with a new addition on the way, Adam wants to pass down those traditions to his kids as well.

“That’s what my grandfather and uncles taught us so I tend towards that side of my background.”

Losing one of their best mates in the Bali bombing brought the boys even closer together and made them appreciate the importance of friends and family.

Dane says, “We’re as close as brothers and we want to live every day like it’s our last. And that’s the approach we’re bringing to the race. We’re going to try to enjoy every moment.”

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 04:21:25 AM »
Interesting team! Definitely can see myself liking these two!

One is from NSW, which is an added bonus! :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
Yay! Indigenous team! Support. :tup:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 05:14:00 AM »
well i don't care this team but think that they'll be super BORING ! :(

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »
I'm thinking they're the first out.

If not, then definitely second out.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
Dane, 29, adds, “My goal on the race is to prove to Adam that I can go a full twenty four hours without looking at my reflection.”

Seriously??  :lol3:
I hope he's exaggerating here, though it may bring us some amusing footage..  :lol:
Hope they're more serious about the actual race though, because fun-loving is fine but won't cut it in the end.  :)
Also I'm sure that the travelling and sleep-deprivation won't be becoming to mr Vain.  :lol:

Surely a 29 yo cardiac scientist (not a cardiologist though so not exactly sure what they mean here but whatever) should have a bit more ambition to him??  :lol:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline compac171

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:59 AM »
They kinda look like Guillermo and Gabriel from TARLA :lol3: ,
but i really think they are going far more than they  :tup:
Mexican teens love The Amazing Race too :D

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »

New Article..

Adventure time for Amazing Race teams

May 23, 2012

Adam Corowa and cousin Dane.

Amazing Race Australia contestant Adam Corowa says he went days without eating and did not admit to being on the TV show when travelling to avoid any incidents.

Corowa, who paired up with his cousin Dane Corowa, makes up one of the 11 teams competing for $250,000 prize money in the second season of the Seven Network's Amazing Race Australia.

The cousins, who grew up together in NSW's Tweed Heads, is the first indigenous team to compete on the reality orienteering show.

Amazing Race Australia, which premieres next Wednesday, covers more than 65,000 kilometres, across four continents, taking in a dozen countries and almost two dozen cities.

Adam, 30, says that because 29-year-old Dane had trouble converting currency it meant they were short changed and had to forgo meals. In addition, time and travel constraints added to the stress of having to skip breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"The money side of things was tough," Adam says.

"We were only getting a $100 a day and there were days on end where we didn't eat.

"We had trouble with our expenses ... we got ripped off a bit.

"Once we travelled for 10 hours on a bus without stopping and we got to our destination late at night that was pretty hard (trying to find somewhere to eat)."

Although filming for the show Amazing Race Australia finished in December, Adam and Dane have been restrained from talking about their experience until now.

The cousins say are used to keeping quiet though because while they were racing around the world they didn't advertise their involvement in the Amazing Race Australia for promotional and security reasons.

"If someone asked us if we were part of the Amazing Race we would say have to say 'no, we are on a travel documentary'," Adam, the father-of-three, says.

"In some certain places it was vital for us to say `no' because there could have been terrorism. There were some pretty scary places."

Other teams racing this season include on-again, off-again couple Sarah, 32 and James 23; larger-than-life Sydney sisters Lucy and Emilia; and former Fitzroy AFL player Ross Thornton and his daughter Tarryn.

The Amazing Race Australia premieres on the Seven Network on May 30 at 9pm.

Read more:
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/adventure-time-for-amazing-race-teams-20120522-1z2rs.html#ixzz1vkFZjGQE
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 10:25:56 PM »
Bad luck. :(
They should have asked the father and daughter if they would be willing to lend them some money.
That way they didn't need to break any rules. They were willing to help them buy a busticket anyway.

Just bad luck. I like having the Italian sisters around still but frankly they kinda deserved to be out because they made some glaring obvious mistakes. One of which was telling the the 'alpha' a**holes (well one anyway..) how to do the dung challenge.

Oh and by the way, I don't mind dung challenges but really why does it always have to be that when it comes to India..  :groan:
I imagine the place has a few better things to do, as much as we all like to gloat about contestants messing around with pigpoo first and then cowpoo next..

But I digress,  :lol: Too bad, I liked this team! I think they were just unlucky from the beginning basically, with their raft falling to pieces just before the finish in episode 1 already.
(Maybe they should have paid more attention to the money but none of the other teams seemed to be in real trouble).
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »
India is a place where you can get cheated (TAR Aus, TARA) and groped (TAR)!  :'(

Yes, it's here that the cousins were cheated as they paid 800 rupees for a tut-tut ride which is the start of their nightmare...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 02:17:47 AM »
I actually really liked them and had the potential to do really well, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. :(

Never would've thought they'd be the first exits, though! :ascared
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 05:22:36 AM »
Never would've thought they'd be the first exits, though! :ascared

Yes, always thought that the sisters or the hippies would be the 1st team out... but it's AMAZING that this twist can happen! Technically, the sisters were the 1st team out but for the salvage pass...  :groan: :groan:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »

Adam & Dane...  :torche

I was expecting them to go far.. you know, at least to bring the indigenous community proud...

and reading through their confessional about wanting to help the flood victims, it's just touching but too bad they couldn't make it taht far.. :(   :'(

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 01:59:49 PM »
I will really miss Dane's (or is it Adam's) sexy Hair spin.