Author Topic: TAR Australia Contestant Reveals!  (Read 23926 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR Australia Contestant Reveals!
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:20:05 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Australia Contestant Reveals!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:05:45 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kiXCgkI5uOE?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kiXCgkI5uOE?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Thanks to Adelaide now news. :)

http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/2224513675/Aussie-amazing-race
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:52:01 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
saved for media
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »
Okay guys, please dive in! Looks like they are releasing this piecemeal, so feel free to add new media as it appears. I have opened a new thread for each team, although we know most of them already, have ID'd some only by number until the "Official" reveals.

SO as new info appears, please just claim a number for a team amd add any info. I have to leave for about 6 hours but will sort things out when I get back! Have fun!

General TEAM info here, individual Team info in their own thread please. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline the_insider

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 07:57:16 PM »
The whole cast is up on the site!!

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/features/article/-/13477875/teams-for-the-amazing-race-australia-s2-revealed/

After an extremely exciting and successful first season, The Amazing Race Australia is back with a new batch of teams that will go to any lengths to win the competition.

And if you thought the first Race was gruelling, wait till you see what’s in store for the eleven Aussie teams who will compete in the second instance of everybody’s favourite adventure reality show.

The teams will have to travel more than 65,000 kilometres across four continents and conquer some of the toughest challenges ever conceived in the history of the show for their chance to win the $250,000 prize.

Needless to say, their journey will include a mix of iconic sites and surprising destinations never seen on any version of the race.

So, without further adieu, let us introduce the lucky Aussies who will get to compete in the second season of The Amazing Race Australia.

Adam and Dane
Cousins - Qld & NSW
These fun-loving cousins grew up together in Tweed Heads and are determined to make their mark as the first indigenous team in the Race.

James and Sarah
Dating - Vic
The 9 year age difference between James, 23, and Sarah, 32, is something their friends and family sometimes find hard to overlook.

Joseph and Grace
Brother and sister - NSW
Sydney siblings Joseph and Grace still live together under the same roof, but these days they rarely spend much time together.

Kym and Donna
Engaged - Qld
Describing themselves as “a couple of old knuckleheads in love”, recently-engaged Kym and Donna have only been together for just over a year and are still finding it hard to keep their hands off each other.

Lucy and Emilia
Sisters - NSW
Larger-than-life Sydney sisters with a strong Italian heritage, Lucy and Emilia do everything together.

Michelle and Jo
Cheerleader twins - NSW
They may be bubbly, blonde cheerleaders, but these identical twins from Sydney are out to prove there’s more to them than meets the eye.

Paul and Steve
Workmates - Vic
These workmates from Victoria spend their days together and share a ruthless competitive edge, but that’s where the similarities end.

Ross and Tarryn
Father and Daughter - Vic
This father and daughter duo from Melbourne have experienced their share of sporting triumph, but will their competitive instincts be enough to help them win The Amazing Race Australia?

Shane and Andrew
Cops - Vic
These policemen from Melbourne may have very serious jobs as crime scene officers, but they love nothing more than having a laugh.

Sticky and Sam
Flatmates - Tas
Geoff, or “Sticky” to his mates, and Sam met at school in Launceston 12 years ago and have been best friends ever since.

Sue and Teresa
Hairdressers - WA
These hairdressers from Geraldton, Western Australia, think they may become the Earth mothers of the Race.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:07:15 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »
Yippee!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »
Found the TAS roomates

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/04/20/320391_tasmania-news.html

Geoff (sticky) was born without a left forarm.

And no Canberra teams :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 08:12:56 PM »
When Primere? No date not yet?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
When Primere? No date not yet?
Sorry no date yet.

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 08:51:15 PM »
 The Amazing Race Australia has announced its Cast for Season 2... The link to the teams is here.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/features/article/-/13477875/teams-for-the-amazing-race-australia-s2-revealed/

Does anyone else find it funny that there are only 11 teams? it was announced earlier that there would be 12 teams, and a start line elimination - Any guesses as to whats happened go here!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:37:22 PM by georgiapeach »
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
Here's a larger photo:

Same source as above, just an edited image link.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »
A FATHER DAUGHTER TEAM!!!!!!!!  :hrt:  :hrt:

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »
A FATHER DAUGHTER TEAM!!!!!!!!  :hrt:  :hrt:
:yess: :tup: :conf:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »
I AM ALREADY IN LOVE WITH CAST EVEN THOUGH I HAVENT EVEN HEARD THEM TALK  :lol:

looks like a great casting job, but it sucks we already know the F5 :(

anyway, YAY!!!!!!! GO TARRYN AND ROSS  :hearts:

SO GLAD there is no start line elimination, it would've ruined the WHOLE season

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »
So the 12 teams was a bit of a throw off then. Unless New Zealand TV sources got the wrong info.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 12:40:14 AM »
 :wohoo: :wohoo:

THE..MOST..WAITED..LONG..ANTICIPATED..MOMENT..
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 02:44:04 AM »
From News.com.au:

11 NEW teams of Aussie racers are ready to tackle the challenge of a lifetime in the big new series of The Amazing Race Australia, returning soon to Seven.

This year’s Race promises to be longer, tougher and even more challenging as teams vie for the $250,000 prize.

Grant Bowler returns as host for the second season of the reality TV show.

“Every day brings the unexpected and a huge amount of adrenaline. But that’s the challenge and that’s where the buzz comes from”, says Grant.

This year's diverse bunch includes a set of blonde cheerleading twins from Sydney, a volatile Melbourne couple with a nine-year age gap, Indigenous cousins from Tweed Heads and a couple of crime scene officers from Melbourne, just to name a few.

" They’re a really eclectic, funny, interesting bunch that I believe is unmatched by any other show on the box”, Grant hinted of the mixed bag of contestants.

The teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across 4 continents.

Who will you peg to win this year's series of The Amazing Race Australia?

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/mixed-bag-of-amazing-racers-go-head-to-head/story-e6frfmyi-1226334313938#ixzz1sZ3Mgc4I

And team photos begin here: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/gallery-e6frfmyi-1226334293425?page=1

Details on each team here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/whos-who-in-latest-series-of-the-amazing-race/story-e6frewyr-1226334645563

Offline KennyD

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 05:21:28 AM »
The cast is looking good so far, but they do have big shoes to fill from last year. I'm a little disappointed that there is no South Australian team, so that leaves me to either root for the guys from Lonnie, or the hippies from Geraldton if I'm going to be difficult and 'anti-east coast'. I bet there will be another online uproar on having 4 M/M teams again.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 04:33:00 AM »
I like the cast as well! :hrt:

I am slightly surprised at the number of Victorians on this race! :o (I don't have a problem with it, since the first race only cast one Victorian team from memory)

4 Victorians
3 NSW
1 QLD
1 QLD/NSW
1 WA
1 TAS

Nobody from ACT, NT or SA... :duno:

Cheering for my three NSW teams!!! :hoot: :hoot: :hoot:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
VICTORIAN TEAMS FTW..!!!  :hearts: :hearts: :hoot: :conf:

THE AMAZING RACE CONTESTANTS (FROM LEFT): ROSS AND TARRYN, STEVE AND PAUL, SARAH, ANDREW AND SHANE, AND JAMES. PICTURE: TIM CARRAFA HERALD SUN

FOUR Victorian couples, including a pair of Victoria Police detectives, make up the 11 teams in the new series of The Amazing Race.

Former Fitzroy best-and-fairest footballer Ross Thornton is also in the race, joining his basketballer daughter Tarryn.

Channel 7 is preparing to launch the second series of the hit show next month, in what is a boom time for locally produced reality shows.

The Voice and The Block on Channel 9, plus Australia's Got Talent on Seven, are all doing well, a bonus for the local television industry.

Seven is hoping our love affair with locally produced big television formats will continue with the next series of The Amazing Race.

Detectives Shane Haw and Andrew Thoday are crime scene officers, working in fingerprints, DNA and crime scene photography.

They have worked in Melbourne's southern suburbs together for six years, and Victoria Police approved the men going on the show, "as long as you don't bring the police force into disrepute", Haw said.

Both detectives have young families and they said doing The Amazing Race was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

"We wanted to get out of the rat race for a while. It's something that we would never do," Haw said.

"We are just average blokes who happen to be cops and we love having fun, so we thought what better a thing to do than The Amazing Race."

The detectives are tipped to go well in the show. And they would do it all again.

"It's a money-can't-buy experience," Thoday said.

"We were just rapt to be given the opportunity.

"We had an absolute ball."

A launch date for The Amazing Race has not been announced, but it will air some time next month.

THE VICTORIAN CONTESTANTS

JAMES KINGSBURY AND SARAH ROZA (Dating)
About: Divorcee Sarah, 32, and James, 23, have been dating for a short time. Sarah describes herself as a “pushy, loud and persuasive person’’.

ROSS AND TARRYN THORNTON (Father and daughter)
About: Ross is a former Fitzroy footballer and his daughter Tarryn a Victorian representative basketballer player. Both promise to be competitive.

PAUL MONTGOMERY AND STEVE SCALE (Workmates)
About: The pair work together in a road building company. They are opposite personalities. Steve is more laid back and Paul more intense.

SHANE HAW AND ANDREW THODAY (Police detectives)
About: As well as workmates, the pair are best friends and have worked together for six years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/tv-radio/victorian-teams-get-set-for-amazing-race/story-e6frf9ho-1226335167259

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »
Mixed bag of Amazing Racers go head-to-head

ELEVEN new teams of Aussie racers are ready to tackle the challenge of a lifetime in the big new series of The Amazing Race Australia, returning soon to Seven.

This year’s Race promises to be longer, tougher and even more challenging as teams vie for the $250,000 prize.

Grant Bowler returns as host for the second season of the reality TV show.

"This new series travels further, goes to places no Race has ever gone before" - Host Grant Bowler. Picture: Channel 7

“Every day brings the unexpected and a huge amount of adrenaline. But that’s the challenge and that’s where the buzz comes from”, says Grant.

This year's diverse bunch includes a set of blonde cheerleading twins from Sydney, a volatile Melbourne couple with a nine-year age gap, Indigenous cousins from Tweed Heads and a couple of crime scene officers from Melbourne, just to name a few.

" They’re a really eclectic, funny, interesting bunch that I believe is unmatched by any other show on the box”, Grant hinted of the mixed bag of contestants.

The teams will travel more than 65,000 kilometres across 4 continents.

Who will you peg to win this year's series of The Amazing Race Australia?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/mixed-bag-of-amazing-racers-go-head-to-head/story-e6fredpu-1226334313938

Offline carlsbad_bolt_Fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
Nice!

I know no premiere date has been mentioned, but how long does it usually take for an episode of the show to hit Youtube?

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
It's pretty cool with pictures!!! WTG to VICTORIAN!!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:11:52 PM by georgiapeach »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
Nice!

I know no premiere date has been mentioned, but how long does it usually take for an episode of the show to hit Youtube?

1 day i think!

No uploader links/names please! It puts them at risk.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:45:44 PM by Declive »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard