Author Topic: TAR 20 EP 9 "Bollywood Travolta" (Cochin, India)  (Read 48753 times)

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 20 EP 9 "Bollywood Travolta" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »
So far we only know about the Dancing being a task on this leg , right ? Is their a chance that the coir task could be on this leg too ?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
So far we only know about the Dancing being a task on this leg , right ? Is their a chance that the coir task could be on this leg too ?

It could only be IF this is a double RB leg.  OR we don't see the other team member also doing coir.... (which seems unlikely)

But since the most likely place for doing that is another town, I am inclined to think next leg.

Can someone refresh my memory on double RB legs?? Is there also a Detour...or none?? I forget.  :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 01:28:20 PM »
There has never been a Detour with a double roadblock leg. But we haven't seen any sign of a Detour yet in this leg either. If the press photos come out they will probably tell us the answer.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »
haha they are out already.

Detour A is cricket! It is done by Art and JJ. They must "hit one boundry"

Detour B is driving a auto rickshaw with passengers and is done by Dave and Rachel

The roadblock is done by JJ, both Rachels and Mark

This helps confirm that Ranessa makes until next time whether it is a NEL or not. If a team is eliminated it has to be Kentucky.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
Since i'm originally from Kerala i was able to figure out the ground where they do the dance sequences from google maps
it's the   Sacred Heart College, Cochin , athletic field.

:bigwelcome to RFF Jacobsk68!! :yourock:

What a big help to have an insider's eye, many thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »
Detour B reminds me of a race that looks almost as fun as TAR: the Richshaw Run, which started coincidentally in Kochi and will finish in a few days in the hill country of Shillong.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
Since i'm originally from Kerala i was able to figure out the ground where they do the dance sequences from google maps
it's the   Sacred Heart College, Cochin , athletic field.

:bigwelcome to RFF Jacobsk68!! :yourock:

What a big help to have an insider's eye, many thanks!!
thanks.  I've actually been to that college to take the TOEFL exam in 1992.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »
Recall Amazing Race Asia 3 in Pune (Nehru Cricket Stadium) for a cricket-oriented ROADBLOCK. One individual had to hit the cricket ball to the boundary (but not over it) to complete the task and get their next clue. The official regulations call for cricket field boundaries to be not more than 90 yards (82.29 meters) from center of the field. The boundary can be a fence, a rope or some marker. 

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2012, 05:37:37 PM »

"Bollywood Travolta (Cochin, India)"--In Detour A, Boarder Patrol Agents JJ (left) and Art (right) make their way to the cricket pitch and must hit one boundry in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Bollywood Travolta (Cochin, India)"--In this Road Block, JJ (left, with teammate Art, right) must perform as the lead dancer in a choreographed routine while wearing proper Bollywood attire in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Bollywood Travolta (Cochin, India)"--Dating Divorcees Vanessa and Ralph search for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Bollywood Travolta (Cochin, India)"--In this Road Block, Rachel (with teammate Brendon, right) must perform as the lead dancer in a choreographed routine while wearing proper Bollywood attire in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Bollywood Travolta (Cochin, India)"--In this Road Block, Mark (left, with teammate Bopper, right) must perform as the lead dancer in a choreographed routine while wearing proper Bollywood attire in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Bollywood Travolta (Cochin, India)"--In Detour B, Army couple Rachel and Dave must learn how to operate an auto rickshaw then drive through a course with a full load of passengers in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Bollywood Travolta (Cochin, India)"--In this Road Block, Army couple Dave and Rachel (left) must perform as the lead dancer in a choreographed routine while wearing proper Bollywood attire in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2012, 05:47:24 PM »
I did some research on the things on the wall of the Coir Factory, where you see them running in images 55,56,57 where Vanessa falls down. the guy's photo on the wall, is an election poster and there's also another poster below it which says "CPI". In kerala the last election was held back in April 2011 and i checked the candidates for that election in and around cochin and alleppey. I think that face matches with the candidate from "Cherthala"  , which is a  town  between Cochin and Alleppey.(his photo can be seen here - http://www.blogger.com/profile/01787861252586860404). He belongs to the "CPI" party which matches with the other poster. (Coir factory employees are big supporters of CPI, which is a communist political party).
So i think the coir factory they are showing is almost  half way between Cochin and Alleppey(Alapuzha) and puts that closer to Cochin and not in Alleppey.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
Heh. I think I am really going to like seeing JJ have to do this RB. :snicker:

Thanks bc!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »
leg 10 is also in india, but i think we've already established that much.

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2012, 05:17:50 AM »
I think y'll are right about Vanessa and Ralph being safe through this episode. In the press release photos Vanessa is wearing yellow, but when she's shown falling down she's wearing a gray tank top. But who knows.  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:21 AM »
I think y'll are right about Vanessa and Ralph being safe through this episode. In the press release photos Vanessa is wearing yellow, but when she's shown falling down she's wearing a gray tank top. But who knows.  :duno:

And Ralph is doing the next leg's roadblock in the season preview :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »
Hopefully both teams are safe thru this leg....since we do NOT yet know if this is some form of a NEL/TBC leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:24 AM »
Do you think all team's are on the same flight ? Also , that's somekind of a tram or bus that V/R are on ,right ?

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
Do you think all team's are on the same flight ? Also , that's somekind of a tram or bus that V/R are on ,right ?
that's  a local city Bus they are on. It has tarp rolled up (usually rolled down during those heavy monsoon rains) on both sides.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »
We have a SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD for a reason. If you would like to discuss any episodes other than India, including the Finale, that would be the place to go. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 01:51:30 AM »
2 legs in a 25-30 mile area indicates it could also be a TBC! :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:14 PM »
There is a new clip up on cbs.com. It shows Mark doing his first attempt on the roadblock but he already seems worn out by the practicing.

All other teams are shown there at this point except for Dave and Rachel. The other Rachel has apparently already made several attempts because she is over with Brendon crying about how she can't do it. Vanessa is saying "I don't have it in me" and you also get the impression that JJ has already tried more than once as well.

Since these teams have already been trying and Davechel may already be done by the time Mark makes his first try, it doesn't look good for Mopper. :(

The opening shot of the clip shows the blue, red, purple, and green teams standing in the field. These belong to JJ, Mark, Vanessa, and Rachel(O' Reilly) respectively. What color was the other Rachel using?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:39:02 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
The opening shot of the clip shows the blue, red, purple, and green teams standing in the field. These belong to JJ, Mark, Vanessa, and Rachel(O' Reilly) respectively. What color was the other Rachel using?

She seems to be with the yellow team which is not seen on the field at this time. They are either already done or have not arrived. It's probably the former because all the other teams have already been there for a while.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »
What color was the other Rachel using?

Orange I believe.

It's orange.  You can check that at 0:08 in promo 1.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2012, 09:12:01 PM »
Uploading now, give me 30 min or so...

Super slow YouTube tonight...at least another 30 min. :(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:53:13 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »
Promo up!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
Am I wrong or in caps 20,21,22, we can see another team going to do (or doing) the RB in the background?

That is the dancers in blue , which is Art/JJ team.