Author Topic: TAR Norway SHOW DIscussion! Includes ALL episodes!  (Read 69423 times)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR Norway SHOW DIscussion! Includes ALL episodes!
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2012, 11:58:39 PM »
Is anyone able to provide the Norwegian Road Block hints (and for the first two episodes, their English equivalents)? Working on a guide to the show and I want to include them for the sake of completeness.

You can find what you want here:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Norge

but if u haven't seen some later eps yet, there're spoilers here too...  :)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »
Hey asar, why they don't air TAR Norge on wednesday anymore?

There's some sort of football games occupying the time slot.

Thank you, i hope they get back to 2 episodes a week before the race ends. There are like 3 episodes left, right? (It was 13 legs and 14 episodes)
I think only two episodes are left, if the finale is on the 30th.

According to imdb = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356541/episodes?season=1

there's 2 eps left:-

ep.11 on May 28, and
ep.12 on May 30, with
highlights on June 3

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2012, 09:03:19 AM »
Is anyone able to provide the Norwegian Road Block hints (and for the first two episodes, their English equivalents)? Working on a guide to the show and I want to include them for the sake of completeness.
The English one for the first episode is "Who wants to take a swim?"
Sorry I can't help you with the other ones.

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2012, 09:06:26 AM »
Ep12,13 tuesday and wednesday and 14th ep arrives on sunday.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
Ok so the first finalists were not really a surprise.  :lol3:

And I guess it's not really looking good for
Show content
the twins..  :(

Two questions:
1. What was the issue Karim & Khabat had with the chocolate?
Was it too much, didn't he like it or was it maybe a religious thing or something?
He seemed to be quite dramatic about it.  :lol:

2. That national dish didn't look very appetizing tbh.  :duno:
What was it called, what kind of meat was that, it looked quite greasy? And I assume the milk was sour or something?
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
Ok so the first finalists were not really a surprise.  :lol3:

And I guess it's not really looking good for
Show content
the twins..  :(

Two questions:
1. What was the issue Karim & Khabat had with the chocolate?
Was it too much, didn't he like it or was it maybe a religious thing or something?
He seemed to be quite dramatic about it.  :lol:

2. That national dish didn't look very appetizing tbh.  :duno:
What was it called, what kind of meat was that, it looked quite greasy? And I assume the milk was sour or something?

1. They just ate too much.

2. The milk was fermented horse milk or something. It was absolutely disgusting according to Freddy.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
Ah I see, thanks for explaining! :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2012, 12:07:11 AM »
I love how Freddy seems so eager to try everything. Although he really needs to shut it with the constant narration next season.

Kazakhstan? Random. And awesome. Hee.

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »
I love how Freddy seems so eager to try everything. Although he really needs to shut it with the constant narration next season.

Kazakhstan? Random. And awesome. Hee.

Yeah, the constant narration is so annoying  (:;)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2012, 01:14:59 AM »
Yeah I agree it's even annoying to me, who doesn't understand all he says.  :lol3:
It's just superfluous anyway because half the time it's completely obvious where all the teams are anyway.  :duno:

Really enjoyed the Finale - The episode of next Sunday is just for featuring the 'highlights' and unaired extra footage right??  :)

Too bad about the twins though I am in a way quite amazed they even made it this far!
To me they made a large part of the series for me, they were so funny and entertaining to watch, plus bumbling through so much it was easy to root for them as the underdogs. (Well them and the Blondes in a way).

The pointing out the weather in various European cities task was hilarious actually, I thought.  :lol3:
Really funny one team was bumbling so much if you take into account they just raced across half the world.  :lol:

Quite a tough leg but I'm quite pleased with who won, a deserved win on the whole I think.  :)

A few questions though:  :)

1. Why did it take team that ended up
Show content
being nr 2
so long to find the right addresses, did they get lost some place?
Also: Am I correct in assuming they only found the place because they saw the car of another team being parked somewhere?  :lol3:

2. What was going on in the roadblock? They had to ski/langlauf for a round, then shoot 5x - and for each one they missed they had to take a penalty round? And if they then still didn't get it right they had to take more penalty rounds for how ever much they missed, so twice in a row basically?

3. What was going on with the Dubai/ Hong Kong issue at the end, all teams had trouble working out which picture it was?
If thought it was kind of a shame they didn't get separate rooms or some kind of separation between them in a way because they could have easily heard or seen something the other team was doing, it seemed to me?  :duno:

4. The teams talked about what they would do with the money if they should win I think?
Karim and Khabat wanted to take a roadtrip somewhere?? And the others?

5. What did the winners say about winning the race, at the end?

I really enjoyed the ending too, the way they came up to the mat.  :tup:
And very good to see there was no animosity, everyone seemed genuinely pleased about who won and thought they were deserved winners.

Anyway, very enjoyable series, if I can find the time I will definitely watch TAR Norge 2, provided there will be one hopefully! (Were the ratings good? I think the airing times may not have helped much with the gaps in between maybe?).

Thanks again to everyone who made it available to us!!  :hearts:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:20:05 AM by Topita »

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:11 AM »
Yeah I agree it's even annoying to me, who doesn't understand all he says.  :lol3:
It's just superfluous anyway because half the time it's completely obvious where all the teams are anyway.  :duno:

Really enjoyed the Finale - The episode of next Sunday is just for featuring the 'highlights' and unaired extra footage right??  :)

Too bad about the twins though I am in a way quite amazed they even made it this far!
To me they made a large part of the series for me, they were so funny and entertaining to watch, plus bumbling through so much it was easy to root for them as the underdogs. (Well them and the Blondes in a way).

The pointing out the weather in various European cities task was hilarious actually, I thought.  :lol3:
Really funny one team was bumbling so much if you take into account they just raced across half the world.  :lol:

Quite a tough leg but I'm quite pleased with who won, a deserved win on the whole I think.  :)

A few questions though:  :)

1. Why did it take team that ended up
Show content
being nr 2
so long to find the right addresses, did they get lost some place?
Also: Am I correct in assuming they only found the place because they saw the car of another team being parked somewhere?  :lol3:

2. What was going on in the roadblock? They had to ski/langlauf for a round, then shoot 5x - and for each one they missed they had to take a penalty round? And if they then still didn't get it right they had to take more penalty rounds for how ever much they missed, so twice in a row basically?

3. What was going on with the Dubai/ Hong Kong issue at the end, all teams had trouble working out which picture it was?
If thought it was kind of a shame they didn't get separate rooms or some kind of separation between them in a way because they could have easily heard or seen something the other team was doing, it seemed to me?  :duno:

4. The teams talked about what they would do with the money if they should win I think?
Karim and Khabat wanted to take a roadtrip somewhere?? And the others?

5. What did the winners say about winning the race, at the end?

I really enjoyed the ending too, the way they came up to the mat.  :tup:
And very good to see there was no animosity, everyone seemed genuinely pleased about who won and thought they were deserved winners.

Anyway, very enjoyable series, if I can find the time I will definitely watch TAR Norge 2, provided there will be one hopefully! (Were the ratings good? I think the airing times may not have helped much with the gaps in between maybe?).

Thanks again to everyone who made it available to us!!  :hearts:

1. Yes they got lost.

No, they didn't find that one place by seeing the other car. Karim just went too far and Khabat started yelling stop stop stop or something, then they turned and we saw the other car in the picture.

2. Ski 1 km-->shoot 5x -->150 m penalty round for each miss-->ski 1 km--> shoot 5x -->penalty round for each miss -->straight to the finish

3. The picture was kind of dark so it was difficult to place the picture, but when they looked really close they could see palm trees and a mosque, I guess that's how they got it in the end.

4. Karim & Khabat -->Take a road trip and visit every contestant in the amazing race
Cathrine & Michelle-->Buy apartmens next to eachother so they could be their own little "family".
Truls & Morten--> I just remember Morten wanted to buy a new apartment for him and his daughter.

5. They said the usual stuff..at least what I can remember. Amazing thing to be a part of, really learned how important family back home is, how much they missed them and so on :P

I think the ratings are good, but I'm not sure if they are good enough, we have to wait and see.

What I have heard from people is only positive, everyone likes the show. So I'm hopeful that they will give it another try.

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »
Well the production seems eager to do a another season so is Freddy. Ratings are good and it wouldn't suprise me if they do a another season.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
Also, Freddy is the best host after Phil, just pointing that out.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
Ah ok thanx a lot for the clarifications and satisfying my curiosity, Polarbear!  :tup:  :lol:

Glad to hear the ratings were pretty good!   :yess:

Thanks a lot to everyone who has made it possible for us to watch!! :)
It's very much appreciated indeed!!  :hearts:  :conf:

Hope we'll be watching again next year!!   :hearts:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2012, 02:04:44 AM »

I'll will have to wait until Vietnam & Aus 2 finish as Dustin & Grant are not that bad - at least Grant's better this time around...

Why's Dustin shaking the racers' hands at the pit stop instead of hi 5 or whatever the trend nowadays? Is shaking hands an Asian custom?   :)

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »
Viewing figures: average 394 000 share: 25,9 %

Not great at all, they were hoping for 500 000. The finale had 550 000 at the end though and the viewing figures rose throughout the season.

TV2 is not fully satisfied, but the rising figures during the season gives me hope for a new season.

TV2 has not decided if they will order one more season yet, but it's definitely not hopeless. They beat the winter version of Survivor and 71 grader nord which is good.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »

I second that!
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2012, 05:01:25 AM »
What I love about this version is the fantastic editing, :colors and the wonderful cast. Also, there seemed to be very little fighting between teams.

That I agree with, he is very enthusiastic with explaining tasks and is not robotic at all. :tup:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:17:33 AM by Traveller7 »

Offline luk25

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2013, 03:52:03 AM »
Does someone know if subtles exist for norwegian version ?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »
Does anybody still have access to this who understands Norwegian? I was rewatching the season and realized there's something I don't understand.

In the Hue episode (episode 6), teams signed up for one of two charter buses from Hanoi to Hue. After the first bus left, two of the teams on the second bus (Both teams with a Cathrine) got into a taxi instead and didn't take the bus. Julie & Vichy stayed behind and took the bus like they were supposed(?) to.

Neither of the teams who took a taxi got any sort of penalty, so I really don't understand what happened. Did the bus get delayed/broken down and they were given the option of taking a taxi?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2019, 03:20:07 PM »
Does anybody still have access to this who understands Norwegian? I was rewatching the season and realized there's something I don't understand.

In the Hue episode (episode 6), teams signed up for one of two charter buses from Hanoi to Hue. After the first bus left, two of the teams on the second bus (Both teams with a Cathrine) got into a taxi instead and didn't take the bus. Julie & Vichy stayed behind and took the bus like they were supposed(?) to.

Neither of the teams who took a taxi got any sort of penalty, so I really don't understand what happened. Did the bus get delayed/broken down and they were given the option of taking a taxi?

So, the teams took the bus to Hue, but on the way to Hue there was a mandatory rest stop, where they could buy some food and/or drinks before the bus continued to Hue. The second bus was quite slow and delayed the team by an hour or two. So I guess that the teams got the option to either continue to take the bus or go into a taxi and drive to Hue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2019, 06:11:55 PM »
:tu sveped!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.