Author Topic: TAR Norway SHOW DIscussion! Includes ALL episodes!  (Read 69431 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Norway SHOW DIscussion! Includes ALL episodes!
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 10:01:36 AM »
The "Handicap" was indeed a handicap. Martha and Elise had to make 75, not 50 dung cakes, and stack a higher stack of dung cakes in order to receive their next clue.

Oh, so they didn't skip making the dung cakes? It didn't show them making them. I better edit that part.

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 04:44:08 PM »
Who knew jigsaw puzzles could be this frustrating for some.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:22:40 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
Until we can get a more consistent way to watch, am combining all the show Discussion threads into one...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2012, 09:50:19 AM »
I don't know why but I actually find this norwegian version more entertaining than the current US version. Same goes when TAR china and AUS were going on.

Offline ndrszmbrn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2012, 11:49:36 AM »
I don't know why but I actually find this norwegian version more entertaining than the current US version. Same goes when TAR china and AUS were going on.

I personally think that season 20 i'ts been very crappy...  when a team is clearly superior to the others you have the same teams winning again and again at that makes the season really boring. Just remember that TAR lost the emmy because of the season where Megan & Cheyne won everyting. Also, my humble opinion is that the route and tasks haven't been good on TAR20 and I am getting tired of them going to India every time and always catching up teams in airports when they go to remote places like tanzania.

Now with Norway. Even though I don't speak Norwegian, this three episodes have been amazing. The episodes are really long and have so many tasks, no one has win a leg twice (yet), and there is so much mobility in the places, I just can't wait to see next episode. The couples are really interesting (I like the twins and the blond friends). The only things I don't like about this version is that there are no prizes for coming first and that the final prize is no much money (given that Norway is an incredibly rich and expensive country). Also Freddy's voiceovers every three seconds start to become annoying.

(My first post ever.. yey!!)

Offline ndrszmbrn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »
Hi again

We need a spoiler/route summary thread for this.

we have
Dubai
India
Thailand
Vietnam
Singapore
Hong kong
Australia

anre we missing something else? does anyone knows the route order?

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »

I personally think that season 20 i'ts been very crappy...  when a team is clearly superior to the others you have the same teams winning again and again at that makes the season really boring. Just remember that TAR lost the emmy because of the season where Megan & Cheyne won everyting. Also, my humble opinion is that the route and tasks haven't been good on TAR20 and I am getting tired of them going to India every time and always catching up teams in airports when they go to remote places like tanzania.

Now with Norway. Even though I don't speak Norwegian, this three episodes have been amazing. The episodes are really long and have so many tasks, no one has win a leg twice (yet), and there is so much mobility in the places, I just can't wait to see next episode. The couples are really interesting (I like the twins and the blond friends). The only things I don't like about this version is that there are no prizes for coming first and that the final prize is no much money (given that Norway is an incredibly rich and expensive country). Also Freddy's voiceovers every three seconds start to become annoying.

(My first post ever.. yey!!)

They did a twist by giving express pass to the first team who arrived in third episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
Hi again

we have
Dubai
India
Thailand
Vietnam
Singapore
Hong kong
Australia

:welcome: to RFF! Glad you found us!!

This is the thread where we discuss the SHOWS. We also have SPOILER and SPOILER Discussion threads here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,96.0.html

The second post of the LIVE Spoiler thread has a TIMELINE!!

Enjoy!! We had fun with this...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ndrszmbrn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »
Hi again

we have
Dubai
India
Thailand
Vietnam
Singapore
Hong kong
Australia

:welcome: to RFF! Glad you found us!!

This is the thread where we discuss the SHOWS. We also have SPOILER and SPOILER Discussion threads here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,96.0.html

The second post of the LIVE Spoiler thread has a TIMELINE!!

Enjoy!! We had fun with this...

Thank you so much!!!!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
Can somebody please explain me what was the cheating part on the Roadblock??
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »
Why did Cathrine and Michelle get a penalty at the pitstop in this latest episode? Something to do with something they did wrong at the roadblock? I think it's kinda stupid actually...

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
Why did Cathrine and Michelle get a penalty at the pitstop in this latest episode? Something to do with something they did wrong at the roadblock? I think it's kinda stupid actually...

The Roadblock was that teams had to smash a block of ice until they could grab the clue. The blocks were rectangular and standing upright. The one doing the roadblock pushed over the block of ice. When she pushed it over, she was able to break the block by going through the much thinner side. No other team pushed the block over, so I think it's fair that they got a penalty, especially since they used their Express Pass and already had a huge lead.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »
Ah... I figured it might have been something like that. Still kind of a dumb thing to be penalized for. And I don't feel like it's a good thing they were penalized just because they used their express pass.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2012, 05:18:48 PM »
Poor wording on my part. Let me rephrase that. I think that because they had such a large lead from using the Express Pass, they should have been more careful with reading their clues. Because they made silly mistakes even though they had no reason to rush, I feel that it was fair that they got a penalty for breaking the rules. If a bunch of teams made that mistake, I'd agree it was stupid.

Offline Maxine Rama

• RFF Full Member
  • When in doubt, smize!
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2012, 07:07:21 PM »
Ah, ok then. ^_^ I feel what made them burn their express pass was that crappy taxi driver they got from the fruit buying task to the puppet task. He obviously took them the long way around. I hate when taxi drivers do that to try and make extra money.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
Can somebody please explain me what was the cheating part on the Roadblock??

...I just realized I'd been posting about the show in the speculation thread. I guess I'll explain it again here. The Roadblock was to retrieve a clue from inside an ice block using a hammer. The blocks were rectangular rather than cubes, and they were standing upright. Cathrine (or Michelle?) pushed the block over so that she was breaking through the thinner side.

So that this post isn't a repeat of the one in the other thread, I'll just state that this season is picking up. It has a completely different feeling than the US season, and it also feels different than Hamerotz LaMillion. I kind of like it. The only thing that will make it replace A Corrida Milionaria as my favorite foreign edition is if my favorite team gets eliminated, and it almost happened this leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2012, 08:46:23 AM »
I am so behind!! I'll move it over!!

DOne! ^^
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:50:32 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
Leg 3 and 4 recap?

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
 I love the show's excellent usage of different split screens.  :colors  :hrt:

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:55 PM »
Ok well just caught up from epi 2 to 5.  :o (Mainly because I was worried I would not be able to keep up otherwise!)
Man they definitely keep up the pace here!  :o

I was kind of waiting but I figured I will just watch them again with the subtitles if /when they are available, if I have the time to do so.
I realize it's an enormous amount of work for one person, even for one episode a week let alone two, though.  :o

Obviously I'm sure I missed out on quite a few things, but context and similarities between Dutch/German and Norwegian at least provided some clues.  :lol:

I have to say I love the twins!!  :hrt:
They're so funny and awkward sometimes, they're too funny really.  :lol3:

The way they simultaneously interrogated one of the salespeople (woman I think) on the floating market in Bangkok whether they sold guava.. Wow that couldn't have been better coordinated if they had been synchronized swimmers..  :lol:

Then their reaction to the chicken plucking and well the cobra restaurant (as much as I honestly also felt quite appalled by seeing that challenge tbh..). And seriously, 'creative twins' who are art teachers yet choose to smash a bamboo stick instead of making a flower braid?  :lol3:  :lol3: It cracked me up how many times it took them and how they went about it.. A little self-knowledge may not be a bad thing when you embark on a journey like this guys.  :lol:

Thing is, even if they definitely don't always handle things properly (i.e. coming in in a good spot and then squandering it by not actually thinking before they act) they do seem to be lucky and doing ok, for now anyway.

Still liking the K-guys/chums and the brothers for potential winners. The Blondes do ok but make silly mistakes.
Making mistakes is one thing though but they don't correct them.. i.e. it was abundantly clear their Vietnamese taxi driver was completely clueless.. So why even stick around with that guy anymore and not switch taxi's?? They were lucky to hang on to the skin of their teeth because another team got a handicap.. Next time they may not be that lucky. 

The ones that have been out so far were predictible, they simply weren't giving it enough. Feel bad for
Show content
Vilde
though I feel she did more than her share as opposed to her partner who didn't really seem to take much of an initiative in anything, even when she was near breaking at some point in Vietnam especially.  :( Kind of a deadweight to be pulling the way it seemed, but perhaps I missed a lot in translation, if so: sorry!

The pairs I like least of the remaining are
Show content
Vichy and whats-her-name
and
Show content
Bjorn and Kari
The first ones seem a bit bitchy at times, and not always very sociable. The latter well not sure really, they just seem a bit boring and not appealing to be rooting for. Again perhaps things get lost in translation though so I might feel differently if I understood everything that was said.. I just think the other couples are more interesting, even without translations.  :lol:

Still I think you get a good general idea of what's going on, there's a bit of English spoken and the rest is more or less evident from the challenges too I think.

Oh and by the way, is it just me or is Freddie dos Santos (the host) always using the word 'dramatic' to describe any win, loss or almost loss (in NEL's case) for the previous episode?  :lol3:

All in all really enjoyable to watch sofar!  :)
Ps apparently Asia again in episode 6.. I really hope they move on to another continent after this.  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:58:35 PM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2012, 07:59:09 PM »
By the way:

Can anyone explain to me why Vilde and Bjarne ran out of money in leg 5 ?
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
By the way:

Probably the combination of poor management, having a taxi drive them all over the place, and buying a Pepsi in Leg 4.

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
By the way:

Probably the combination of poor management, having a taxi drive them all over the place, and buying a Pepsi in Leg 4.
It's not really that pepsi that cut the deal but overall they seemed a team that would buy food if they were hungry during a leg.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2012, 01:02:22 AM »

The narrator said it was due to the long taxi ride before.

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2012, 07:56:46 AM »
Bjarne & Vilde also had to pay an entrance fee at that place they went to which was the wrong place. That cost them some of their money.