Author Topic: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)  (Read 77228 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
I agree with cattychic that Karatu is possible. Before her post, I was not cognizant of where Karatu is. However, coming out of Ngorongoro Crater on the west and a little north, Karatu is some miles before Mtu wa Mbu. I hope that the map shown here will display their relationship properly:

http://www.maplandia.com/tanzania/arusha/mbulu/karatu/

Mtu wa Mbu is right under the Micarto Safaris ad overlay on the right side of this map.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »
apskip , could you bring those pic's over please

Here you go! Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:54:13 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2012, 09:03:47 PM »
cattychic,

It's a map, not pictures. In my RFF it displays as a map by just clicking on the link and waiting maybe 10 seconds for it to load.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »
cattychic,

It's a map, not pictures. In my RFF it displays as a map by just clicking on the link and waiting maybe 10 seconds for it to load.

I was talking about the pic's I found of Karatu , sorry I should've clarified that. Thank's georgiapeach for posting them for me. I really gotta learn how to post the pic's .

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »
Here is some diverse information that bears on the question of whether the locus of tasks in Ep. 8 is in Karatu or in Mto Wa Mbu. I did not have this perspective until this study effort, but in fact the distances involved are quite short:

southeastern edge of Ngorngoro Crater to Karatu 12 miles

Karatu to Mto Wa Mbu 13 miles

Mto Wa Mbu 57 miles

The population of Karatu is 19, 803 and of Mto Wa Mbu is 33,000 so the latter is a slightly more populous place.

Here are some images (out of a thousand plus I looked at for each place) that apply for Mto Wa Mbu(see below)

When I compare that to the second picture in cattychic's picture gallery for Karatu, it is not a call I can make.

However, the one thing I can say is that neither place appears to have significant beekeeping. for that teams will probably have to return to Arusha to the TWIRI: Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute and BeeKeeping (previously identified, but not by me).

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:06 AM »
I was comparing the first pic I posted of Karatu to the pic of N/J standing on the side of the road looking for the next clue , do u think they could be standing on the opposite side of that road in the picture I posted. I tried zooming in but it just get's really blurry  so I can't make out any sign's.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »
I am having the same problem, thise drains can be seen in more than one place as well

I am thinking that as someone else posted (where IS that post,lol??) that the beekeeping may be here at Njiri Wildlfe Center:

http://www.tawiri.or.tz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=19

Njiro Wildlife Research Centre (NWRC) is located within Arusha Municipality situated 5 km South East of Arusha town on the slopes of Njiro Hill. It is located at the same premises as TAWIRI headquarters.

This is the only pic I can find though:.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
TWO new promos are up!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2012, 09:03:14 AM »
bringing this over from the Leg 7 thread...

These aren't the clothes they were wearing this leg (leg 7) right?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2012, 09:27:56 AM »
Ralph asking Vanessa if she's happy and her replying "Yes" , makes me think they Uturned Brenchel , not Art and J/J. Anyone agree  ?

That is certainly a possibility.

However, I think it was a general statement on being in Africa, because I do not believe that the teams have to search the road for a clue after the Detour. I think that clue comes first, not after the Detour.

It's also possible that Vanessa is happy because Brenchel is U-Turned and they were not U-Turned, nor did they use their U-Turn power.

For the U-turn scenario, based on history it's always the first team being U-turned who u-turn the second team, hence I don't think it's a Art/JJ u-turn Mark/Bopper and Brenchel u-turn Vanessa/Ralph result.

From the preview, Art/JJ are obviously not being U-turned, and I would consider either Art/JJ or Vanessa/Ralph u-turn Brenchel as a revenge, hence I think it's is highly likely that Brenchel is the 1st U-turned team and they would use the 2nd U-turn on another team.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
bringing this over from the Leg 7 thread...

These aren't the clothes they were wearing this leg (leg 7) right?

Was this a cap from one of this weeks preview's ?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
Last weeks episode I think. They could always have put on jackets, maybe? But worth following up on!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 EP 8 (title TBD) Tanzania
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »
in the promo Mark either says 'we got a u-turn' or 'we gotta u-turn'

this means they have either been u-turned or they will u-turn to stay in the game  :duno:

If they say 'we gotta or got a u-turn' it could also mean that the u-turn is available not that they have to use it . . .

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
Ralph asking Vanessa if she's happy and her replying "Yes" , makes me think they Uturned Brenchel , not Art and J/J. Anyone agree  ?

However, I think it was a general statement on being in Africa, because I do not believe that the teams have to search the road for a clue after the Detour. I think that clue comes first, not after the Detour.

It's also possible that Vanessa is happy because Brenchel is U-Turned and they were not U-Turned, nor did they use their U-Turn power.

For the U-turn scenario, based on history it's always the first team being U-turned who u-turn the second team, hence I don't think it's a Art/JJ u-turn Mark/Bopper and Brenchel u-turn Vanessa/Ralph result.

From the preview, Art/JJ are obviously not being U-turned, and I would consider either Art/JJ or Vanessa/Ralph u-turn Brenchel as a revenge, hence I think it's is highly likely that Brenchel is the 1st U-turned team and they would use the 2nd U-turn on another team.

That makes sense, but Mark and Bopper and Nary and Jamie are part of their alliance, they're the only teams that like Brenchel, would Brenchel do that to them? I'm assuming that they're the teams behind at this point.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »

That makes sense, but Mark and Bopper and Nary and Jamie are part of their alliance, they're the only teams that like Brenchel, would Brenchel do that to them? I'm assuming that they're the teams behind at this point.

That's what i'm thinking too , I don't believe Brenchel would uturn M/B or J/N , which is why I don't think the 2nd uturn is used. The pic of Nary and Jamie with the jacket's on , u can tell they aren't wearing the blue shirt's they have on in this week's preview.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2012, 01:23:50 PM »
Sports promo caps...is that a team just in front of M/B in the #14 cap??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »
I can't tell , again when I zoom in it just get's too blurry to make anything out....ugh. Can u tell anything about the building that V/R are walking by ?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »
The first 4 posts including a brief summary have been updated!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »
 :lol:  Typical safari vehicle in Arusha Tanzania area.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »
I just noticed that the sign above art /jj and d/r say's either "Jack or Jock" and then "pub" , can't tell if there is an "s" at the end of jack/jock.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
Well it's almost time.......i'm so nervous , pleeeeeaaaaseeee don't let Mark and Bopper get eliminated , they are my fave's :hrt: , not just on this season but all season's.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »
Here are a few link's to some pic's I fdound , but they are in the town of Karatu , the squares in the street look similar , someone can bring them over if they think they are a match....

Good job cattychic!! You got it!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:44 PM »
Thank you  :)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2012, 05:57:20 AM »
Oh no, Phil did the signature Allan Wu extra cheesy hand raise at the "race around the world" section. At least he didn't raise his voice or accentuate the word "around", man that's cheesy.

Loved the episode
Bring on the 21!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »
I noticed that I have already gotten used to the fact that he doesn't say "The eighth pitstop in a race around the world" anymore.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.