Author Topic: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)  (Read 77190 times)

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
Re: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2012, 06:01:21 AM »
"Rachel & Dave could have U-Turned Art & JJ."

No , Jimmer25 , Art and JJ reached the uturn board and sayed : OH YEAH!

1 . RalpVanessa uturn Brenchel
2. Brenchel uturn Country Boys.

Or the "teachers." This would be smart because they know they are probably an hour behind.

Brenchel has the alliance with Mopper and the feds, and it seems like a pretty strong one. They were speaking very kindly of those two teams in some bonus clips. They said they look forward to being friends with the feds after the race. So I don't see them U-turning either team. I think Brenchel are trying to be nice and they wouldn't betray the only two teams that like them, right?

Everyone is getting all bollixed up by the U-turn question. I say that it's completely irrelevant to which team gets eliminated in the upcoming leg.

Any combination of teams U-turning other teams except one is possible: Nary/Jamie will not be able to U-turn anyone due to being in last place when they reach there. So the question becomes whether any team doing the 2nd DETOUR will fall behind Nary/Jaime. I consider that highly unlikely because they are starting way behind all other teams and then have a SpeedBump to do.
Yes I agree with you. I think Nary and Jamie won't recover. But it's always fun to speculate about anything and everything.

Does anyone else think that only one U-turn is used?

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2012, 06:20:58 AM »
Everyone is getting all bollixed up by the U-turn question. I say that it's completely irrelevant to which team gets eliminated in the upcoming leg.

Any combination of teams U-turning other teams except one is possible: Nary/Jamie will not be able to U-turn anyone due to being in last place when they reach there. So the question becomes whether any team doing the 2nd DETOUR will fall behind Nary/Jaime. I consider that highly unlikely because they are starting way behind all other teams and then have a SpeedBump to do.

apskip, in recent seasons we've noticed that Speed Bumps are very easy so teams have a better chance of surviving. Also knowing that Nary and Jamie are the last remaining FF team production probably want to keep them in a bit longer due to the lack of FF teams last season JMO

I also noticed last episode Bopper and Mark didn't get much screen time than they normally do, I think editors are trying to distract viewers so no one gets upset they might get eliminated next. And I don't think they would highlight Bopper's knee injury for no reason in the promos, something is going to impact his knee in the coming episode

And I also noticed Nary and Jamie got way more screen time than they normally do last episode, I have a feeling they're going to survive this coming episode

Yes I agree and apskip, I watched some of the video recaps done by previous racers (the one hosted by Kaylani) and she mentions along with some of the other racers, that the speed bump is not that difficult and usually only takes about 15 minutes to complete. So it is definitely a possibility that Nary and Jamie survive this episode and I hope they do, even if it means Bopper and Mark gets eliminated next (because I prefer N&J over them just slightly). I just hope SOMEONE else wins the leg other than Davechel or Art & JJ, even Brenchel for god's sake! But maybe Ralph and Vanessa have a good run this time and finally win a leg.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2012, 06:35:16 AM »
"Rachel & Dave could have U-Turned Art & JJ."

No , Jimmer25 , Art and JJ reached the uturn board and sayed : OH YEAH!

1 . RalpVanessa uturn Brenchel
2. Brenchel uturn Country Boys.

Or the "teachers." This would be smart because they know they are probably an hour behind.

Brenchel has the alliance with Mopper and the feds, and it seems like a pretty strong one. They were speaking very kindly of those two teams in some bonus clips. They said they look forward to being friends with the feds after the race. So I don't see them U-turning either team. I think Brenchel are trying to be nice and they wouldn't betray the only two teams that like them, right?

If a team has already been Uturned then they have to try to Uturn someone else if they want to survive. The most logical decision is to choose one that you know is far behind. Or at least a team that you saw at the Detour and know didn't pass you.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline shadowphx15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
Hi I'm new here I'd like to apologize in advance if someone already stated thi but I think Art and JJ get mad at Rachel and Dave for u-turning Mark and Bopper.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2012, 09:11:56 AM »
 :bigwelcome shadowphx15

anyways, the speed bump is usually quick....the only speed bump that took any sort of a delay was marcus and amani's puzzle from last season. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2012, 10:02:57 AM »
I don't think that the speed bump will be with one of the detour options. That would force them to choose that detour which WRP has never done.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »
Is there any possibility of an HoO or a bunch-up point at the beginning of the leg? :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
Just a quick comment in all of the speculation.  Tasks are not changed at the last moment to favor teams; the elimination points are not changed, i.e., a non-elimination leg remains a non-elimination leg. I don't know if it is still being done, but in the early seasons, it was mentioned that production actually prepared a sworn affidavit, prior to the start of filming,of the tasks that would be used and at what point so as to avoid claims that tasks were changed on the spot to favor any team.
The affidavit, as I understood what was mentioned at the time, also included the backup tasks or legs in case of problems at any point in the race. There's absolutely no way a last minute change in location or tasks can be made without some advance preparation (local production crew and extras) so it can be executed and keep filming on track.
It irritates me to no end when there's a suggestion such as changing a task or an elimination point to favor keeping a particular team in the race. Among other things, since TAR is legally considered under US law to be a game show, it is required to comply with federal law that prohibits manipulation of the game elements to favor or not favor particular teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2012, 04:01:52 PM »
So I'm being really observant with this upcoming episode, but I've noticed another detail. In the second video peach posted, promo 1, I can tell that Dave and Rachel didn't U-turn anyone. At :19, they are standing at the W-turn, facing the camera and are about to say "we choose not to U-turn". Rachel shakes her head as they're about to say it. It's super quick, but I thought it was important to note. Tell me if you think otherwise.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »

Ep 9
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
So I'm being really observant with this upcoming episode, but I've noticed another detail. In the second video peach posted, promo 1, I can tell that Dave and Rachel didn't U-turn anyone. At :19, they are standing at the W-turn, facing the camera and are about to say "we choose not to U-turn". Rachel shakes her head as they're about to say it. It's super quick, but I thought it was important to note. Tell me if you think otherwise.

Great eye! I never would have noticed it!  :hoot:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
All discussion of India has been moved to the discussion thread...this thread is for Tanzania. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2012, 11:05:15 PM »
I just read on another site that CBS posted a "Best Of" video of Mark and Bopper , Do you think that means they get eliminated next ? I hope not  :'(

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »
They actually did post that video. I find it a little odd as well. I can't quite remember the details but I think they did something like this when the cowboys were eliminated in TAR18.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2012, 10:31:05 PM »
I just read on another site that CBS posted a "Best Of" video of Mark and Bopper , Do you think that means they get eliminated next ? I hope not  :'(

I hope not. They're the only comical team we have.  :'(
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2012, 12:51:54 AM »
Full Size Press Pics:

In Detour B, Army couple Dave and Rachel must patch two flat tires on a bicycle in order the receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

In Detour A, Boarder Patrol Agents JJ (left) and Art (right) must fill nine containers with water and deliver them to local homes in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

Best friends Bopper (left) and Mark (right) search for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

Best friends Bopper (left) and Mark (center) search for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

Federal Agents Jamie (left) and Nary (right) search for the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

In Detour B, Federal Agents Nary (left) and Jamie (right) must patch two flat tires on a bicycle in order the receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

In Detour B, Engaged couple Brendon and Rachel must patch two flat tires on a bicycle in order the receive the next clue

In Detour A, Engaged couple Brendon and Rachel must fill nine containers with water and deliver them to local homes in order the receive the next clue

Dating couple Ralph and Vanessa search for the next clue

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2012, 12:56:28 AM »
And we should be able to find this place!!

Does anyone else think it could be a tourist place or something? Seems like a lot of flags, signs, boxes on walls etc that an ordinary village would not have. Also looks kind of new...

And what are those sack like things hanging up behind Bopper and Mark? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »

In Detour A, Engaged couple Brendon and Rachel must fill nine containers with water and deliver them to local homes in order the receive the next clue

Brendon and Rachel u-turned, because they were doing both sides of the detour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2012, 01:27:17 AM »
Yes, we know. :tup:

Maybe they are in Mto Wa Mbu??
Photoset:

http://easywebsite.net/Tanzania-Arusha,MtoWaMbu.html

Look!

from pic 8 from this site labelled Mto Wa Mbu!! (site in TAR 11)

http://stichting-twiga.nl/media/pictures-mto-wa-mbu/?lang=en&show=gallery

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »
This makes sense to me from the standpoint of the geography involved. I would not call Mto Wa Mbu "Lake Manyara" even though it is close to it. However, the land route from Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha goes through Mto Wa Mbu (site of where AR5 teams got on the public buses to go around the lake to Kibaone). Arusha is the logical way out of Tanzania, whether by air (most probable according to my thinking in AR20 Transport thread), bus or car to Nairobi.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »
Ralph asking Vanessa if she's happy and her replying "Yes" , makes me think they Uturned Brenchel , not Art and J/J. Anyone agree  ?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
Ralph asking Vanessa if she's happy and her replying "Yes" , makes me think they Uturned Brenchel , not Art and J/J. Anyone agree  ?

That is certainly a possibility.

However, I think it was a general statement on being in Africa, because I do not believe that the teams have to search the road for a clue after the Detour. I think that clue comes first, not after the Detour.

It's also possible that Vanessa is happy because Brenchel is U-Turned and they were not U-Turned, nor did they use their U-Turn power.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
If some if you have time to do some searching in Mtu Wa Mbu we could perhaps find the sites?? We need a picture match...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2012, 07:41:32 PM »
Here are a few link's to some pic's I fdound , but they are in the town of Karatu , the squares in the street look similar , someone can bring them over if they think they are a match....

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=street+signs+of+karatu&um=1&hl=en&biw=1160&bih=673&tbm=isch&tbnid=8FEGMiY_zeMcvM:&imgrefurl=http://experienceruraltanzania.wordpress.com/page/3/&docid=yDvN9c6Q-G0yMM&imgurl=http://experienceruraltanzania.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/img_1404.jpg&w=2736&h=3648&ei=AxiKT8j2CKrX0QHu7c3JCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=110&vpy=162&dur=21&hovh=259&hovw=194&tx=144&ty=106&sig=112349257293756427406&page=2&tbnh=164&tbnw=142&start=15&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:15,i:105

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=street+signs+of+karatu&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1160&bih=673&tbm=isch&tbnid=c9wWytWcLQacjM:&imgrefurl=http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Africa/Tanzania/Karatu-2241362/Things_To_Do-Karatu-TG-C-1.html&docid=Rmuq8JMZ1Ver1M&imgurl=http://cache.virtualtourist.com/15/2764469-The_town_Karatu.jpg&w=468&h=285&ei=vhmKT7XNHaTf0QG36_DtCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=257&sig=112349257293756427406&page=2&tbnh=116&tbnw=191&start=15&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:15,i:126&tx=102&ty=45

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=street+signs+of+karatu&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1160&bih=673&tbm=isch&tbnid=Iy8UdIfn9KZFGM:&imgrefurl=http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Africa/Tanzania/Karatu-2241362/Things_To_Do-Karatu-TG-C-1.html&docid=Rmuq8JMZ1Ver1M&imgurl=http://cache.virtualtourist.com/15/2764468-The_town_Karatu.jpg&w=468&h=285&ei=vhmKT7XNHaTf0QG36_DtCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=829&vpy=92&dur=788&hovh=175&hovw=288&tx=187&ty=88&sig=112349257293756427406&page=1&tbnh=105&tbnw=172&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0,i:99

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=village+in+karatu&start=238&um=1&hl=en&biw=1160&bih=673&tbm=isch&tbnid=u_y31MBPsBB9dM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fk-world.com/en/Blog/My-Blog/%3FuserId%3D1382%26entryId%3D12284&docid=qsej14oOqZkrhM&imgurl=http://www.fk-world.com/upload/25504/vei%252520t%252520Haydom3.JPG&w=410&h=308&ei=ih2KT7TgBKX50gGioIDyCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=387&vpy=311&dur=5328&hovh=195&hovw=259&tx=89&ty=83&sig=112349257293756427406&page=13&tbnh=155&tbnw=230&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:238,i:97
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:00:59 PM by cattychic »