Author Topic: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)  (Read 77238 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 05:28:10 PM »
It could still leave room for a double roadblock in the future. Most likely the finale since that seems to be WRP's new preference.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
Or even next time right? We don't seem to have a Detour yet...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »
Or even next time right? We don't seem to have a Detour yet...

If you mean episode 8 then it has a Double Uturn :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »
Oh ...yeah.   :-[    :escape

It has been a looooong day.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 06:43:44 PM »
What's with the Windows logo under each of the 4 touchscreens on the U-Turn board?

I'm still not a fan of that format, seems like way more trouble than it's worth.
I guess it's to say that they're not using iPads. Dunno what the Windows version of an iPad is... :lol:
Although I thought they used iPads last season? Yes? No? Was I dreaming?

Also, if there were Touch Screens in TAR5 Linda and Karen could've used that power to yield (dunno if they specified someone in an interview that I hope I'm recalling correctly) because they didn't lose their "Courtesy Of" Picture.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »
This is what I'm thinking:

define: haterade (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=haterade)
a figurative drink representing a modality of thought. those who consume it are themselves consumed by the negativity which with they speak.

^ Not only does it make sense that Rachel would say it about Vanessa, but you can totally hear Rachel's voice saying it  :lol:

The press release says 'one team gets exact revenge'
IMO, the only team that has revenge is Brenchel on Vanessa & Ralph
But I don't know why Rachel says 'shocker' in the promo  :duno:

as for the other u-turn team I'm saying Bopper and Mark
in the promo, even though i can hardly understand what Mark says all the time, I'm pretty sure he is saying 'we got a u-turn'
it would seem odd that they get u-turned, but these are reasons why:
- they are a strong team despite their NEL leg
- they might have been right behind a team that wanted to secure first place, so they were u-turned
the team i would suspect that wants first place would be ART AND J.J.

so summary, IMO (> = u-turn)

Art and J.J. > Bopper and Mark
Brendon and Rachel > Vanessa and Ralph

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »
I want to follow up on no ROADBLOCK in leg 7. That opens up the interesting possibility that there may be 2 ROADBLOCKS in leg 8 (it has happened a few times before).

The other thing that strikes me is that there is likely to be no major bunching points. Leg 8 will all be run in a linear manner, so teams at the bottom of the pack (Nary/Jamie, Vanessa/Ralph) could be in for a difficult leg. Due to the way that the W-Turn works, it can be used with a number of strategies, but the teams on the bottom are most likely to get zapped for at least one of the slots.

I particularly think that nary/Jamie will start so far behind and with a SpeedBump to do so that even if they don't get U-turned they cannot recover

If I'm not wrong, there was a doble RB in season 16 ep. 10 (the Noodles in Zhujiajiao and the puzzle at Hong Kou Football Stadium) with the fashion task in the middle of the RBs; and in season 19, ep. 5 was another leg with a double RB (search the clue in the bottom of the waterfall and reassemble  in the Wat Chanathigaram temple the shrine they previously disassemble in Song Prak).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 07:44:29 PM »
I'm wondering if it is possible that a roadblock occurred but just wasn't edited in to the episode to make room for the flight drama and the teacher drama?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »
Good question!

Now...speaking of the U Turn...this is interesting!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZHJBYdfX50?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gZHJBYdfX50?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:17:03 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »
 I would agree ,
After watching that insider video, you get the feeling that Art and JJ will U-turn Mark and Bopper.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
watch the Dave and rachel  insider video the one at the pit stop, I think they are the ones that u turn Mark and Bopper because they see they are focused more on the game more than the others, and Art/JJ u turn Brenchel. JMO.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »
Good question!

Now...speaking of the U Turn...this is interesting!!

Not available to Canadians :gaah:

I wonder why they block it to international viewers -.-

Try again. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »
can someone please upload the video so everyone can see it?? the one peach was talking about  :)

now most of us are agreeing Mark and Bopper will get u-turned. what about the other u-turn???

the press release says 'one team gets exact revenge with a game twist'

I'm pretty sure its Brenchel u-turning Vanessa and Ralph, what does everyone else think??

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
can someone please upload the video so everyone can see it?? the one peach was talking about  :) thank you Peach!!!!  :hrt:

now most of us are agreeing Mark and Bopper will get u-turned. what about the other u-turn???

the press release says 'one team gets exact revenge with a game twist'

I'm pretty sure its Brenchel u-turning Vanessa and Ralph, what does everyone else think??

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
I know it won't happen , but I would LOVE IT if Mark and Bopper uturn Art and JJ , and that is who Art and JJ are pissed at.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
When did we decide this?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2012, 10:49:32 PM »
Come on, guys!  This is not the first time we saw that kind of things in the race.
Once again, correct me if I'm wrong:

In season 16, the cops manipulate Brent & Caite to U-Turn Brandy & Carol, and remains in the dark as the master minds of that action, knowing the animosity between both teams :ascared.

In season 5, Chip & Kim and Brandon & Nicole agree to use the Yield on Colin & Christie in the 11th. leg of the race with the intention of get rid of them.  Colin & Christie reached in last place, but it was a NEL :groan:.

In season 11, the Beauty Queens use the Yield on Eric & Danielle in leg 9, and later take advantage on the lack of money of Ozzie & Danny, to give them some on the condition to Yield E & D again.  No need to say that it was useless both times, Eric & Danielle won TAR11 :duno:.

And don't forget the master of manipulation:   Rob convincing Deana and Meredith not to perfom the Mendoza RB (TAR7-Ep. 3) and take the 4 hours penalty, only to be secure of avoid elimination in that leg. :gaah:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:47:22 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
Ohhh, can we find the "special Thanks" for that episode please??

Lake Manyara is beautiful, it is the pink flamingo lake. Also where I nearly got trampled in my tent by a rogue elephant. :lol: #smushedpeach

I pulled out my original copy of the episode (it was blurry after having been copied off a VHS tape years ago, and using newer software to play on my notebook) but there's nothing useful in the special thanks in the credits at the end of that particular episode. All that was listed that was for Tanzania and not Egypt was "New Act Travel" and "Tanzanian Tourist Board." Everything else was specifically for Egypt.
I also checked the episode, and after the teams arrived in Tanzania and took busses (at negotiated fares -- remember that with Brandon and Nicole) the teams were sent to Mto wa Mbu. which was the location of the detours; none of the teams did the beekeeping detour, which may be why it's in this upcoming leg. Teams then went to Kibaoni to the Kavishe Hotel for the ostrich egg roadblock (recycled from that unaired roadblock at SOngwe Village in season one); teams then had to travel to the edge of the valley to take a sipline over a gouge (again no specific location) and the pit stop was given by Phil as the Lake Manyara Lookout.
Perhaps Google or Bing Maps can help more, but I do think it is worth taking a look at to see how these locations from season 5 compare to what we know or speculate about the next leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »
Ugh, Art & JJ. Their manipulation of other teams really makes me mad. If they wanted to manipulate other people, they should have gone on Big Brother. :res: Strategically, it would be a good idea to U-Turn Art & JJ to try to get their annoyingness out of the race (plus the fact that they've won several legs... but whatever). :res:

Interesting how the other teams are nearby as JJ is having this conversation with Mark & Bopper.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 03:39:56 AM »
When did we decide this?

OR he says we gotta U-Turn. It is not clear.

In the preview Mark says "we got u-turned"
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 03:42:18 AM »
Thanks theschnauzers!

I like the looks of Mto wa Mbu. If we can find pics of a beekeeping place that matches we will have at least one location!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 03:48:15 AM »
Yeah , i watch the preview like 3928893223 times and Mark is saying "We got uturned!"  :'(
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 04:51:48 AM »
The Title Quote can be said by Brenchel after getting U-Turned?

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 05:51:33 AM »
When did we decide this?

In the preview Mark says "we got u-turned"
Oh. Looks like I need my hearing checked.  :-[

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 06:04:15 AM »
 :future

My prediction:

Dave and Rachel ~ Bopper and Mark
Rachel and Brendon ~ Vanessa and Ralph