Author Topic: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)  (Read 77203 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 EP 8 (title TBD) Tanzania
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 07:37:45 AM »
PREVIEW is up in post #2!! And here are the caps!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 07:50:55 AM »
The board is outside of the "Good Time Hotel," wherever that is. And I see beekeepers.

Oh good job getting that cap, that was tough!!

And here is what I think happens:

Art and JJ are very gleeful at the U-Turn board.

Lokk at the board cap 11...then see where JJ's finger points? Low-ish left??

My guess either they UTURN Ralph and Vanessa OR someone in front of them (Dave and Rachel) or Bopper/Mark already did.

THat would be an interesting choice because you KNOW that R/V would do the dirty work of UTURNing Brenchel, and by Rachel's "shocker" reaction, they got zapped.

Now, the question is...how did R/V get in front of Brenchel?? :lol:

I too think B/M either say we got a Uturn (as in one to use) OR we "gotta" as in GOT TO.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »
The board is outside of the "Good Time Hotel," wherever that is. And I see beekeepers.

Oh good job getting that cap, that was tough!!

And here is what I think happens:

Art and JJ are very gleeful at the U-Turn board.

Lokk at the board cap 11...then see where JJ's finger points? Low-ish left??

My guess either they UTURN Ralph and Vanessa OR someone in front of them (Dave and Rachel) or Bopper/Mark already did.

THat would be an interesting choice because you KNOW that R/V would do the dirty work of UTURNing Brenchel, and by Rachel's "shocker" reaction, they got zapped.

Now, the question is...how did R/V get in front of Brenchel?? :lol:

I too think B/M either say we got a Uturn (as in one to use) OR we "gotta" as in GOT TO.

Well, R/V checked in the PitStop in fifth place, and Brenchel in fourth. We don't know anything yet about the Detours, so it's easy to speculate that R/V could have choose the fastest one, and take a little advantage over Brenchel - in the "shocker" cap Brendon have the Detour clue in his left hand -. If they don't have to ride bicycles at the start of the leg   :lol3:., this could happened.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 11:44:41 AM »
I am a little slow this morning , how do we know that R/V got ahead of B/R ? I didn't notice them in the preview.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
We don't. Just would fit, maybe?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »
I don't think that Ralph and Vanessa and Brenchel will both be Uturned either because we know that they both survive this leg. It would be odd for neither Uturn team to be eliminated.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
Come on, let's be honest:  if R/V U-T Brenchel, there would be a lot of drama.  And Rachel IS the drama queen  :gaah:.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »
I don't think that Ralph and Vanessa and Brenchel will both be Uturned either because we know that they both survive this leg. It would be odd for neither Uturn team to be eliminated.

Well, Brook and Claire in TAR 17 and the Globetrotters in TAR 18 were U-T and both of them reach the F3 in each season. :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:00:00 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 01:10:11 PM »

Well, Brook and Claire in TAR 17 and the Globetrotters in TAR 18 were U-T and both of them reach the F3 in each season. :)

But they both had another team that was Uturned in that same episode and that team was eliminated.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 01:24:03 PM »
I have a hypothesis about extended pit stops. I don't think there have been any in AR20 through episode 7 because from what we know about dates of filming the actual episodes there was no room for a 36 hour or more pit stop. However, I believe that will change big time. What more perfect a place for teams to enjoy some time off than the Ngorongoro Crater? I can think of few on the globe and the others would not be so secure from prying eyes. Teams could be sent on a wildlife expedition without fear of being spotted by many other non-local people. I have tracked the dates for flight information and I think the teams arrived in Arusha late morning on Dec. 9. Running the 7th leg and taking a 36 hour or slightly longer pit stop would mean starting the 2nd Tanzania leg on Dec. 11 and starting leg 9 to India on Dec. 12.

It's going to take a full day to reach India so that leg will finish up sometime on Dec. 14. The second India leg will be Dec. 15. Flying to Osaka will take an entire day so that leg will finish on Dec. 17. I expect to see the remaining one NEL in between the final 2 legs (although it doesn't matter where it falls as legs 9 to 11 will have a NEL in there somewhere). That has teams crossing the International Date Line eastbound on Dec. 19 and arriving for the finale on Dec. 19.

Turning from a narrative into a table, it means these are likely the December 2011 dates:
Leg                        Start Ep. Start Pit Stop
7  Tanzania                  8             9 (include extended pit stop)
8  Tanzania                 11           11   
9  India                      12           14
10 India                     15           15
11 Osaka                   16           17 (include extended pit stop)
12 Honolulu                19           19   

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »

But they both had another team that was Uturned in that same episode and that team was eliminated.

Totally agree with you.  But what I'm trying to say is that in a D U-Turn, it doesn't mean that teams are automatically eliminated, the way it used to be with the single U-T or the Blind U-T.  As You stated, always one of them survived the leg.  So Brenchel could be in the same position that B & C or the Globetrotters (and I can add Bill and Cathi to the list).

But all of this is pure spec.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »
Title: Let Them Drink Their Haterade

AN UNFORGIVING TEAM SAVORS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXACT THEIR REVENGE IN A GAME TWIST, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, APRIL 15

CHEAT TWEET:  An alliance is betrayed and an unforgiving team seeks revenge on #AmazingRace Sun, 4/15, 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/HsBzVd   

“Let Them Drink Their Haterade (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)” – The Race takes an unexpected turn when an early alliance is betrayed, and an unforgiving team savors the opportunity to exact their revenge in a game twist, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 15, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
Lake Manyara is near Ngorongoro but the opposite direction from Serengeti :(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
Lake Manyara is near Ngorongoro but the opposite direction from Serengeti :(

A lookout overlooking Lake Manyara was the location of the pitstop in Leg 7 of TAR 5. (It also contained a detour option of harvesting honey from a honey bee hive). Wonder if the show used the same honey farms for this season's honeybee task?
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 EP 8 "Let Them Drink Their Haterade" (Lake Manyara, Tanzania)
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
Ohhh, can we find the "special Thanks" for that episode please??

Lake Manyara is beautiful, it is the pink flamingo lake. Also where I nearly got trampled in my tent by a rogue elephant. :lol: #smushedpeach
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
My thoughts :

Somebody (not Art and JJ) uturn Vanessa and Ralph .
Vanessa and Ralph uturn Bopper and Mark.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »
I'm quite sure Brenchel is Uturned. First there is Rachel's reaction but Brendon also seems to be pulling the Detour clue back out of the pouch as if to see what they have to do on the other side. It must have been Vanessa that did it though it boggles my mind as to how quickly V/R got to the Uturn :lol:

It also looks like Nary, Dave, and Art will be doing the roadblock.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
I want to follow up on no ROADBLOCK in leg 7. That opens up the interesting possibility that there may be 2 ROADBLOCKS in leg 8 (it has happened a few times before).

The other thing that strikes me is that there is likely to be no major bunching points. Leg 8 will all be run in a linear manner, so teams at the bottom of the pack (Nary/Jamie, Vanessa/Ralph) could be in for a difficult leg. Due to the way that the W-Turn works, it can be used with a number of strategies, but the teams on the bottom are most likely to get zapped for at least one of the slots.

I particularly think that nary/Jamie will start so far behind and with a SpeedBump to do so that even if they don't get U-turned they cannot recover
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:28:55 PM by apskip »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »
A double roadblock and a Detour? ???

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »
After watching the preview again , my GUESS is that A/JJ uturn B/R and I would think B/R inturn would uturn someone behind them . I can understandably see Rachel wanting to uturn R/V , but they may not know if they're behind them or not , so maybe the will uturn  N/J. I think B/M are just commenting that there's a uturn , not that they were uturned , and that A/JJ are mad at D/R for something else . All SPECULATION on my part and i'm probably waaaaaaay off lol.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 03:28:27 PM »
I'm guessing it's a Vanessa quote <333

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 03:49:15 PM »
Sounds like Rachel to me. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
Sounds like Rachel to me. :)

I agree.  "Haterade" is totally a Rachel (BB) type of word.

BTW, those flamingos (left) were inspired by Big Brother a couple seasons ago.  But they're looking pretty good for these Tanzania legs. ;)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
What's with the Windows logo under each of the 4 touchscreens on the U-Turn board?

I'm still not a fan of that format, seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
A double roadblock and a Detour? ???

Prophet,

You do, upon specific research, have a point. There have been 3 instances of double ROADBLOCKS:
AR16, leg 10
AR18, leg 12
AR19, leg 5

None of these legs has a DETOUR. So, what I predicted is not impossible, but it certainly appears unlikely.