Author Topic: TAR 20 EP 7 “I Didn’t Make Her Cry" (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)  (Read 55814 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 EP 7 “I Didn’t Make Her Cry" (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
I have speculated weeks ago that Tanzania will be a double leg and nothing since has dissuaded me from that point of view.

Mhm but I was wondering what has led you, and others, to come to that conclusion in the first place.

According to TV Guide, the episode synopsis of episode 8 says, "The race continues in Tanzania."

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-20-2012/episode-8-season-20/amazing-race-20/339585

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
There is an episode preview on CBS now!   :conf: :wohoo:
It mainly included...

Drama
Brief  :'( Dancing with Masai Warriors!!!!  :hearts:
Bopper says, "White Men Can Jump!"  :lol3:
and Art & JJ confronting Nary & Jamie that they are not Kindergarten Teachers...

I do not know how to post a video but here is the link to the CBS video (Sorry international viewers  :'( ).

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2218310491/the-amazing-race-i-didn-t-make-her-cry

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Engaged couple Rachel (center) and Brendon (right) jump with the Masai warriors on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--In Detour A, Army couple Dave and Rachel must break moving clay targets with a traditional Masai hunting weapon in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Best friends Bopper (left) and Mark (right) with Masai warriors in Tanzania, Africa on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Boarder Patrol Agents Art (far left) and JJ (far right) talk with Rachel (second from left) and Brendon (second from right) on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Dating couple Ralph (left) and Vanessa (right) must travel via bicycle to the Masai village where they will have to choose between Detour A and Detour B on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:45:22 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9TPqyzfrKM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V9TPqyzfrKM</a>
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
So detour A , is basiclly a copy from TARAUS1's detour in South Africa?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
And that plane looks like a charter-type passenger plane we've seen before in Africa. It might still be a scheduled flight but it does in fact open the possibility teams have to sign up for the connecting flight in Narobi.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »

And almost TAR11's Zanzibar roadblock

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »

Sure sounds like it. From Wikipedia's description of the task in Tanzania during TAR 11:

This leg's Roadblock had one team member learn how to use a traditional wooden weapon called a rungu used by members of the Maasai people by throwing it 65 feet (20 m) to destroy clay targets in order to retrieve their next clue from inside.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »
No, it's not. ARAus1 at Kraga Kamma used a Knoberie, which is akin to a boomerang and not at all like a rungu (see my comments below about AR11).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
The press info specified moving clay targets. I was thinking something like a clay pigeon, but would that be too hard to hit by throwing a club?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »

Actually, I think the AR11 ep. 6 Zanzibar ROADBLOCK with the rungu is indeed a fairly exact match for what Dave is doing in the AR20 Ep. 7 DETOUR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »
Caps coming soon. But I am thinking that could be Mt Meru?? If so, we are def looking at possible fly into Kilimanjaro or Arusha.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »
has there been any spec on location?

I'll throw this village, the hills look similar with Brenchel jump pic and MarkBopper jump pic...

another site you can look at (they have safari cars, which shown in the promo)

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »
The prob is there are so many in the area, and everyone has safari cars. May be hard to pin down.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 08:47:55 PM »
Could this be a switchback?  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
JOY!! A promo AND a new PIP!!! all in one day!! :hearts:

New PIP up in post #2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 10:59:30 PM »
It looks like a Grand Caravan, and going by the fancy tail design it's Air Excel (another photo here); unfortunately, they're based in Arusha so it doesn't tell us much.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
Could this be a switchback?  :duno:

I don`t think that it is, the targets in TAR 11 did not move.
But i hope to see a Switchback again, i like the concept of it, so it could be great to see again!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2012, 01:12:32 PM »
 :plane:    Thanks Slowhatch!! 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »
No, it's not. ARAus1 at Kraga Kamma used a Knoberie, which is akin to a boomerang and not at all like a rungu (see my comments below about AR11).

Well, the joke's on me. I reported above what I recall from seeing the knobkierie (also spelled knobkerrie) in action in the Kraga Kamma episode of ARAus. However, further research reveals that knobkieries are not meant to be thrown like boomerangs. They are thrown straight at the target. Here is a definition: a short wooden club with a knob at one end used as a missile or in close attack especially by Zulus of southern Africa

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »
JJ is really funny in this video

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »
Was able to substitute out bc922's awesome thumbnail finds for the full size press pics versions...

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Engaged couple Rachel (center) and Brendon (right) jump with the Masai warriors on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--In Detour A, Army couple Dave and Rachel must break moving clay targets with a traditional Masai hunting weapon in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Best friends Bopper (left) and Mark (right) with Masai warriors in Tanzania, Africa on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Boarder Patrol Agents Art (far left) and JJ (far right) talk with Rachel (second from left) and Brendon (second from right) on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"I Didn't Make Her Cry (Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)"--Dating couple Ralph (left) and Vanessa (right) must travel via bicycle to the Masai village where they will have to choose between Detour A and Detour B on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26988.msg734620.html#msg734620
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
I think Brenchel is also doing Detour A. They are dressed almost the same as Dave and Rachel and have those sticks as well.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
Pretty sure Brenchel is JUMPING. Whether that is just an exercise or  part of Detour A or even Detour B is hard to say. I think both Detours will involve Maasai tasks...one (throwing) perhaps more physical than the other.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 02:29:14 PM »
Pretty sure Brenchel is JUMPING. Whether that is just an exercise or  part of Detour A or even Detour B is hard to say. I think both Detours will involve Maasai tasks...one (throwing) perhaps more physical than the other.

I think the jumping is a Active Route Info