Author Topic: Ep 6 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1--NEW info!!**  (Read 41991 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Mark.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Even with only two teams winning legs, this is a really good season so far. The two new countries have been utilized well, and each episode gets better and better. But will the second half of the season have this high quality?

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Even with only two teams winning legs, this is a really good season so far. The two new countries have been utilized well, and each episode gets better and better. But will the second half of the season have this high quality?

totally agreeing with this. Bertram said in the first press release this route was one of the best, and that the challenges were creative and tough

and with the Vanessa VS Rachel showdown, the season will only get better  :lol:  :bess:
I'm sure the Africa legs will be spectacular and India never fails to deliver  :hearts:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Do you know what I am upset with? No U-Turn yet!!!  :gaah:

i think Leg 7 will be an NEL and they will throw the UTURN into Leg 8 with 7 teams so both UTURNS have a better chance of being utilised  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Do you know what I am upset with? No U-Turn yet!!!  :hearts:

fixed. I HATE the darned things.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Okay, I love it that the Fast Forward clue finally told the teams that UP TO 3 TEAMS can compete in the challenge and the one who finished it first will win the clue. It makes teams wants to fight for it, instead of just letting one team go for it.

But 2 FF in 6 legs.. I'm not getting used to it. It's like, been like since TAR Allstars we had 2 FF's in a season. I think? Heck, last few seasons didn't even feature one. So not used to it. I think there will be a standard of 3 FF and 2 U-TURNs a season.. who's with me?

Bye Joey and Danny. You're a good team and surprisingly nice.. but just not my favourite.

Honestly, I would have done that Apple task. Scrubbing oil and everything, ew.

Good Roadblock, Good Detour. Good pit-stop location. Interesting leg! :luvya:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member

Please note that due to the Country Music Awards, there will be NO TAR  :'(  on Sunday April 1. (This is sadly NOT an April Fools joke!)

I think they missed an episode of Big Brother last year towards the end as well, it's obvious they give very low priority to these kinds of shows.  And for a show that has only one episode a week it is like they are trying to kill it.

I don't know what I u-turn is but I assume it's making people who lose it redo a task or even go to the back of the race.  Really I think the fewer twists like these or fast forwards the better.  I'd rather they just did another detour or road block in a program rather than that.  Actually 3 proper tasks a program would be great, particularly if one is quite short and simple like the underwater one in this program.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:51:39 AM by starrynight »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ahhh, but the underwater task was probably NOT very simple. Would have required an extensive safety briefing in addition to the suiting up and actual task.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Yeh but what I mean is for us viewers it was quite a quick task.  And you also didn't have people competing against each other, they had to do it in turn.  The only tension was would anyone not do it and forfeit their place.  That was obviously not going to happen and there was no way anybody was going to get hurt, they will have taken all precautions.  I'm pretty sure the diver down there pulled the window screen away for Vanessa.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
Do you know what I am upset with? No U-Turn yet!!!  :gaah:

Next episode looks like an episode from Bad Girls Club.  :lol:

I'm hoping it includes Brendon & Rachel U-turning Vanessa & Ralph in payback for Vanessa being such a bitch, resulting in the elimination of Vanessa & Ralph.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:19:26 AM by Detoured »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Though the tasks were very entertaining and creative I see one problem. There was little opportunity for teams to pass one another. The tasks were all rather procedural. In the last episode teams were constantly changing in order. This leg was still really good but I liked the last one a little better.

Great season so far <33
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Okay, I love it that the Fast Forward clue finally told the teams that UP TO 3 TEAMS can compete in the challenge and the one who finished it first will win the clue. It makes teams wants to fight for it, instead of just letting one team go for it.

But 2 FF in 6 legs.. I'm not getting used to it. It's like, been like since TAR Allstars we had 2 FF's in a season. I think? Heck, last few seasons didn't even feature one. So not used to it. I think there will be a standard of 3 FF and 2 U-TURNs a season.. who's with me?

Bye Joey and Danny. You're a good team and surprisingly nice.. but just not my favourite.

Honestly, I would have done that Apple task. Scrubbing oil and everything, ew.

Good Roadblock, Good Detour. Good pit-stop location. Interesting leg! :luvya:

Last time there were two FF was in S13... The sky tower in New Zealand that Ken & Tina won and the food challenge in Kazakhstan that Nick & Starr won! S13 was the last time TWO teams competed for the FF!

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Without teams competing against each other in the fast forward I think it can lose much of it's point for the show.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Teams have to make their way to a carpet shop to get their next clue. Nary & Jamie, Art & JJ and Bopper & Mark leave (in that order).

Dave can smell Phil's cologne. :lol3: Rachel & Dave are team #1! Wow. Rachel & Dave and Art & JJ have been dominating this season. Their prize? A new 2013 Taurus! Wow! Daaaaaaaaaaang.
Not quite. It's much better than that. It's a 2013 Taurus SHO each for Rachel and for David.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next time on The Amazing Race...

Zebras! Rachel and Mark seem to be by themselves while in a go-cart wildlife viewing type thing? Surrounded by Africa's wildlife, teams mark their territory. Rachel and Vanessa argue. OH SNAP. THIS IS NASTY.

Rachel: "What are you? 38?"
Vanessa: "Oh yeah. I'm 38... and I still look younger than you."

Then Vanessa tells Rachel she needs to get her nose done before her boobs. :o

The only problem with that exchange is that Vanessa is only 31 years old and to me looks younger than Rachel at 27.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
why did vanessa say Cheese and Crackers...  :duno:   :lol:

It's an attempt to create an "Oh, my gravy!" type catch phrase for 2012. They don't deliver the line nearly as well as Jet and Cord did though and it just came off as odd.  :crazy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

It's an attempt to create an "Oh, my gravy!" type catch phrase for 2012. They don't deliver the line nearly as well as Jet and Cord did though and it just came off as odd.  :crazy:

Not quite. Cheese and Crackers is a euphemism for "Jesus Christ".
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Not quite. Cheese and Crackers is a euphemism for "Jesus Christ".

This subject had some kind of perverse interest for me. Here is a list of euphemisms for "Jesus Christ (Peach is right about cheese and crackers):

THE JEEPERS CREEPERS LIST
Euphemisms for Jesus Christ
Expressions of surprise, disbelief, strong emotion

Cheese and crackers, got all muddy (=Jesus Christ, God almighty) Cheese and rice and all his apostles
cheese 'n' crackers
cheese 'n' quackers
Cheez Whiz (tm)
Gee
Gee whiz
Gee willikers (whilikers, etc)
Geeminently
geez, jeez
Geez Louise, Jeez Louise
jeepers
jeepers creepers
Jehosaphat
Jesus Frog! ( New Zealand)
Jesus H. Christ (or Aitch or Age or Henry)
Jesus Mahogany Christ
Jesus Murphy
Jesus wept (the shortest Bible verse)
Jiminetty, jiminently (var. geeminently)
Jiminy Christmas
Jiminy Cricket
Jings (Scottish)
Jinkies (said on TV cartoon "Scooby-doo")
Judas Priest!
Jumpin' Jehosaphat
Sheesh (Origin uncertain. Expresses exasperated disbelief) Yiminy, or Yumpin' Yiminy (stereotypical Swedish)

Euphemisms for & expressions with Christ, only
Chrissakes (stronger than the others), fer Chrissakes Christ on a bicycle
Christ on a bike
crikey
Criminently
Criminy, criminey, crimony
cripes
cripey
for crying in the sink
for crying out loud
SOME NOTES ON USE AND ORIGINS
Jesus (H.) Christ is often on a:
bicycle
pogo stick
popsicle stick
or roller skates.
Judas Priest is typically found on a pony.
'I had a great uncle who often used the expression, "He was so cheap he wouldn't pay a dime to see Christ on a bicycle."'

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Thank you apskip.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
RIP Fitness :torche

can't wait for Rachel v Vanessa <33 I'm actually starting to dislike Vanessa bit :lol:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sad to see Joey and Danny go...  :(
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
For those who wonder, the lack of opportunity for shuffling of the team order is what I mean when I say that was a "linear leg" -- everyone basically stays in the same line order. When an HOO or a single flights can bunch teams together, and still not cause much shifting in the overall placement, that is a linear leg.

It's something that the condensed filming schedule causes that I haven't ever liked all that much. The fast forward continues to be won by leading rather than trailing teams, the pattern which we've seen most times since the "every leg" fast forward disappeared. So that doesn't provide much of a chance for trailing teams to catch up by being the first team to check in.

The leg itself was fascinating, especially the temple of fire; I enjoyed getting to see the teams get that involved with the locals while they waited for the temple to open; I miss the ESM moments the show used to have. (ESM== eat, sleep, mingle).
-- theschnauzers

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member

The leg itself was fascinating, especially the temple of fire; I enjoyed getting to see the teams get that involved with the locals while they waited for the temple to open; I miss the ESM moments the show used to have. (ESM== eat, sleep, mingle).

Increasing the episode length or, more likely, having an extra progam a week would give more time for that.  It would have been nice with this group to have seen more of the relationships between the teams, more of a reality show element I suppose.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The INsider Episodes give a lot of info about that!  We get at least 30 minutes more footage every week.
RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

Agreed!
Those insider videos give you so much more info that they dont have time to broadcast. We never got to see all the fight the Mississippi girls were getting into with other teams.

Link to a post with the videos.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26871.0/all.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:55:07 PM by NoluckBoston »