Author Topic: Please Marry My Boy delaying TAR in Australia  (Read 8506 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Please Marry My Boy delaying TAR in Australia
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:54:04 AM »
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS PISSED AT TAR BEING DELAYED BY LIKE 20 MINUTES EVERY WEEK BY THE DUMBEST SHOW ON AUSTRALIAN TELEVISION!?!?!?!  :gash:  :jam:

my tv guide says next week is the 'Please Marry My Boy' final, so that will move TAR up to 8:30 in time for Leg 6

i made this topic so fellow aussies can take their anger out on please marry my boy  :gaah:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Please Marry My Boy delaying TAR in Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:15 AM »
I kinda like the show...  :escape

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:17:30 AM »
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS PISSED AT TAR BEING DELAYED BY LIKE 20 MINUTES EVERY WEEK BY THE DUMBEST SHOW ON AUSTRALIAN TELEVISION!?!?!?!  :gash:  :jam:

my tv guide says next week is the 'Please Marry My Boy' final, so that will move TAR up to 8:30 in time for Leg 6

i made this topic so fellow aussies can take their anger out on please marry my boy  :gaah:

Hate to break it to you but the show's just been renewed for another season so it must have been rating well (I don't understand Australia audiences sometimes...)

But on a more positive note, if the US race is moved up to the 8:30 timeslot then after this season ends TARAus season 2  could definitely just pick this timeslot up (which would be May 16th, coincedentally the same time of the premiere of last year's race!)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 03:16:17 PM »
uhm what? :lol:

According to wikipedia it is something like the bachelor except the guy's mother decides? Okay.....
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
uhm what? :lol:

According to wikipedia it is something like the bachelor except the guy's mother decides? Okay.....

It is exactly that  :lol:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 02:01:23 AM »
I want to write 7 a very strong letter for allowing a show as poop(had to be g rated) as this on tv and the fact that TAR is getting delayed in a already late timeslot and the fact that this poop break up my wednesday night between MKR and TAR.

How the flip does this get renewed for a second season. Its a stupid format and it is surpising how a show like this ends up on TV in the first place.

Thank you for making this topic

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »
I want to write 7 a very strong letter for allowing a show as poop(had to be g rated) as this on tv and the fact that TAR is getting delayed in a already late timeslot and the fact that this poop break up my wednesday night between MKR and TAR.

How the flip does this get renewed for a second season. Its a stupid format and it is surpising how a show like this ends up on TV in the first place.

Thank you for making this topic

THANK YOU!  :hrt: it says on the tv guide amazing race goes from 9:30-10:30
when EPISODE 3 aired in aus, i started my tape at 9:30 and ended it at 10:45 (leeway time)

AND MY TAPE DID NOT RECORD THE VANESSA/RALPH VS TWINS SHOWDOWN BECAUSE FRICKEN MARRY MY BOY WENT TIL 9:51  :gaah:

ARGHHHHHHH  :gaah:  :gaah:  :gaah:  :gaah:  :gaah:

PLEASE get rid of marry my boy, and yes Prophet, shows like 'Please Marry My Boy' is what gains attention in Australia.

so frustrating.

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 04:54:51 AM »
It's not Please Marry My Boy alone that does it, it's a knock on effect.

Today Tonight makes Home & Away 5 minutes late, which makes My Kitchen Rules minutes late, which makes Please Marry My Boy 25 minutes late, which makes TAR unbearably late. MKR always runs over by 10-20 minutes, it's pathetic.

Channel 7 has to fix this - either be more restricted with editing, or have less ads. But it should get better before TAR Aus starts as both MKR & Please Marry My Boy end next week.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
To be fair, exact air times are usually made available around 24 hours before each episode. Seven is usually pretty exact with this sort of thing, unlike the other channels. On my Foxtel, it has exact times listed, so I'm sure they should be available elsewhere too! :tup:

I've watched bits and pieces of Please Marry My Boy. Not too bad, not too great.

I don't think the ending of Please Marry My Boy or MKR would necessarily guarantee that TAR moves earlier. :duno: I'm sure Seven has heaps of other shows that usually air on Wednesday nights and are around 8 months behind the USA coughCriminalMindscough (:;)

Although it would be great if TAR does move a little earlier. :hoot:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline valor boreal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • OS Race Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 07:23:18 AM »
I don't think the ending of Please Marry My Boy or MKR would necessarily guarantee that TAR moves earlier. :duno: I'm sure Seven has heaps of other shows that usually air on Wednesday nights and are around 8 months behind the USA coughCriminalMindscough (:;)
or something to do with lipgloss and superpowers

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 02:24:18 AM »
ATTENTION!!!!!!

i didn't know where to post this, so i thought here would be ok
my tv guide says 'The Amazing race' (U.S. Version) is on Channel 7 tonight at 10:30, and the summary said its the 9th episode (India)

then NEXT week it says the Amazing Race isn't on. whats going on!?!?!! does anyone know??

Thanks, supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »
ATTENTION!!!!!!

my tv guide says 'The Amazing race' (U.S. Version) is on Channel 7 tonight at 10:30, and the summary said its the 9th episode (India)

then NEXT week it says the Amazing Race isn't on. whats going on!?!?!! does anyone know??

Thanks, supah
Next week TAR will air at 11 because of a Jack The Ripper special at 10pm.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/05/bumped-the-amazing-race-airdate-jack-the-ripper.html

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 02:51:59 AM »
ATTENTION!!!!!!

Thanks, supah

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/05/bumped-the-amazing-race-airdate-jack-the-ripper.html

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
ATTENTION!!!!!!

Thanks, supah

also, in the summary in the aussie tv guide for tonight's episode, it says there will be 'a sneak peek of the amazing race australia' .. wonder what it could be  :duno:

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »
At least Jack the Ripper sounds more interesting than Titanic. :hides
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:28 AM »
At least Jack the Ripper sounds more interesting than Titanic. :hides
At least i dont know how this special ends.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:02 AM »
I found out that TAR finale will be split over 2 wednesdays and will both start a 11 after 2 repeats of Castle.

Also a few day ago i talked to someone who talked to someone who talked to one of the Please Marry My Boy fathers (the 1st person did not tell me which father) and he said, he said that 80% of the show is scriped and all major discision (such as the 'boys' ultimate choise) are pre planded by producers.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:34:47 AM by theamazingracer21 »