Author Topic: Ep 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please note time change!!!**  (Read 38578 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
So Art & JJ's help to Bopper & Mark is the random act of kindness?

Its CBS's failed way at trying to give Art/JJ a "redemptive" edit :lol:

Hmmmmmmm
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
This season has been so great so far. I like the purposely unbalanced Detours of the last few legs. The casting and tasks are a big improvement from last year and back to the classic days of TAR.

Dave and Rachel are still my favorites, I like how she just blows past his constant worrying and doesn't get into a stupid breakdown. Dave needs to calm down a little and not be so uptight. They are also one of the few teams that perform well and don't fight with other teams. They were back to their super performance tonight, they would have won if not for the FF.

Art and JJ are nowhere near as bad as people think and I like the country boys a lot too.

NoluckBoston

I am surprised none of the earlier teams went for the fast forward. First, you're not sure anyone went for it, but there is a good chance. Second, you know one of the slower teams is on a later flight.

This fast forward had the opportunity to see two teams fight for it. We haven't seen two teams do that since?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
I am surprised none of the earlier teams went for the fast forward. First, you're not sure anyone went for it, but there is a good chance. Second, you know one of the slower teams is on a later flight.

This fast forward had the opportunity to see two teams fight for it. We haven't seen two teams do that since?

I think the last Fast Forward to have two teams fight for it was the eating on in Kazakhstan from Season 13. I hope this means the increase in the number of them. They don't need to be extreme. Look at what the early ones were- walk to the bottom of a hill, eat two meat pies, look under some rugs, talk to a person.

Neuschwanstein Castle next leg!  :yess:

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
I thought this was another solid episode .  Santas <3  The statue beheading and the teams' reaction was hilarious!  Brenchel <3  Both Rachels <3  What Art & JJ did for Mark & Bopper was so kind but I'm still not a fan of them and don't want them to win. 

Next week looks entertaining!  Beards, Yodeling in costume, and a witch cackling while brewing a cauldron!  The scenery looked absolutely gorgeous in the preview too!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I'll have the Intro and Preview up soon!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
So Art & JJ's help to Bopper & Mark is the random act of kindness?

Its CBS's failed way at trying to give Art/JJ a "redemptive" edit :lol:

Hmmmmmmm

That was when they had told them about the Travel Agency :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Mark and Bopper. Did Phil mention about Mark and Bopper receiving a Speedbump next leg?? :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I have 4/4 for episode titles. :lol3: This is such a Kerri and Stacey title!

And I thought this episode was horribly boring.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Did anyone notice that Phil did NOT say there was a Speed Bump on the next leg.  :duno:

True... that's unusual... :duno: But maybe they just cut it out in editing! :tup: :duno:

Yes.. they cut it out. Which sucks!

And this episode title should be Phil commenting on how he's "Phil-ing good" :lol3:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

I think the last Fast Forward to have two teams fight for it was the eating on in Kazakhstan from Season 13. I hope this means the increase in the number of them. They don't need to be extreme. Look at what the early ones were- walk to the bottom of a hill, eat two meat pies, look under some rugs, talk to a person.

Neuschwanstein Castle next leg!  :yess:

Season 17 had Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire (not shown) and Nick & Vick going for it.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
This episode was just about romance fighting....    :meow:

The only one moving towards a good cooperation is "Angel" Vanessa and Ralph...  :lol:

and I'm so impressed with the automatic parallel parking system in Ford...  :colors
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
It sucks that there are 3 set of helicopter tools and only one team want to try. :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did anyone notice that Phil did NOT say there was a Speed Bump on the next leg.  :duno:

True... that's unusual... :duno: But maybe they just cut it out in editing! :tup: :duno:

And this episode title should be Phil commenting on how he's "Phil-ing good" :lol3:

In Season 17, Nick and Vicki did not receive a Speed Bump penalty after Leg 6 due to a production error earlier in the leg... Could this be similar where there is no Speed Bump? ???

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

The only one moving towards a good cooperation is "Angel" Vanessa and Ralph...  :lol:

Dave and Rachel have a good relationship, they just relate to each other in a different way. You can tell they actually know how to work together pretty good.

@Joab that avi is freakish!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE

In Season 17, Nick and Vicki did not receive a Speed Bump penalty after Leg 6 due to a production error earlier in the leg... Could this be similar where there is no Speed Bump? ???

There is a Speedbump next leg. Just that Phil did not mention. In the end, it went to a melo-dramatic moment where "Art and J.J." wanted to do good and give 5k away.

Okay, money appreciated and that was really nice. But you could have did it more discreetly like after the race or what. Instead, it became a weird moment where Art and J.J suddenly appeared to present themselves even before Phil announced that it was a NEL.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

There is a Speedbump next leg. Just that Phil did not mention. In the end, it went to a melo-dramatic moment where "Art and J.J." wanted to do good and give 5k away.

Okay, money appreciated and that was really nice. But you could have did it more discreetly like after the race or what. Instead, it became a weird moment where Art and J.J suddenly appeared to present themselves even before Phil announced that it was a NEL.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

How do you KNOW there is a Speed Bump? From my understanding it is just speculation.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I don't see what was wrong with the moment at the end. If you want to give someone 5,000 dollars you can do it however you want. The producers could have even asked them to do it on camera. I would not be surprised if that was the case because it  makes good television.

I think that some people are just set on hating them no matter what :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Dave and Rachel have a good relationship, they just relate to each other in a different way. You can tell they actually know how to work together pretty good.

@Joab that avi is freakish!
I disagree. He has been away in the Middle East. She is used to having unchallenged authority and he is too. There seems to be little indication of compromise. I must say that I like her ideas a whole lot better than his.

Offline lostinTARland

• RFF Not So Newbie
I don't see what was wrong with the moment at the end. If you want to give someone 5,000 dollars you can do it however you want. The producers could have even asked them to do it on camera. I would not be surprised if that was the case because it  makes good television.

I think that some people are just set on hating them no matter what :lol:

I agree. That moment was TV gold, of course the producers are going to want the viewers to see it.

I think  JJ & Art figured Bopper and Mark would be eliminated in Italy after the travel agent/flight mix up in Asunción.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In AR17, ep.5 Nick and Vicki tried to contest the FAST FORWARD traditional Norwegian Christmas meal but that did not work because the FAST FORWARD had already been taken. Nick and Vicki put themselves into jeopardy but survived doing the regular tasks.
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 12:09:04 PM by apskip »

Note: redskevin88 said this before me but I missed it the first time through.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:48:09 PM by apskip »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I would not assume that there is a Speed Bump any more than I would have assumed as a fact that the model helicopter task was a Fast Forward.
To me, it is speculation about the Speed Bump until we have express word from CBS in the promo materials, or there is a vidcap or photograph clearly showing that there is a Speed Bump.

One thing to keep in mind is that Bert and Elise are trying to keep us, and the Racers, guessing, by not doing the same things the same way any longer. We no longer have traditional clue boxes 90-plus percent of the time. We no longer have the location sign at the pit stop map. These last two seasons, Phil no longer introduces the last pit stop location at the beginning of the episode as "the pit stop for the previous leg" but as the "starting point" for the next leg. And they changing up the music at the end of the episode before the preview and closing credits with different music every leg.

In other words, the old line about Big Brother, "Expect the Unexpected" applies more and more to TAR. At least it is a concerted effort to keep things fresh without going for cheap melodrama between teams. (Racehl might be viewed as an exception, but then veteran BB watchers already know that Rachel needs to be taught some better stress management skills.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
 :keeta:

Join in to watch our very own Kaylani* review and video-chat about last night's episode.  Maybe even submit questions.

It's tonight at 6:00 pm Pacific Time at RTVzone.com

* Satisfied customer of the RFF Passport Protection Service    :)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Vanessa & Ralph depart at 12:15 AM.

Ralph: "Is she wearing sequence today?" Ralph and Vanessa talk about Rachel's clothes.

Bopper & Mark get tickets that arrive at 11:50 AM. Every other team leaves earlier...
Polaroid,

Based on my research about the flights involved, it's pretty obvious that all 8 teams took the same flights Asuncion to Sao Paulo and Sao Paulo to Rome. Mark and Bopper were not able to get on the Rome to Turin flight with the other 7 teams. However, the 7 teams did not actually arrive until 1123am because AZ1413 was 48 minutes late on Dec. 3, 2011. And I don't know what happened to mark and Bopper since their flight, AZ1429 was cancelled, leaving them to seek connections through Frankfurt most likely. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Quote from: TARAsia Fan on Yesterday at 06:10:11 PM

Bopper & Mark get on the later flight to Turin. Their mistake costs them an hour and 15 minutes.

TARAsia Fan,

See my comments either above or on the AR Transport thread. the mistake was planned to cost them 75 minutes, but it ended up costing perhaps double that since their flight Rome to Turin was cancelled.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:49:54 PM by apskip »