Author Topic: Ep 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please note time change!!!**  (Read 38577 times)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
I have 4/4 for episode titles. :lol3: This is such a Kerri and Stacey title!

And I thought this episode was horribly boring.

^ agreed ^
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I don't know. How is rappelling in a building exciting? There's not even scenic views!

How's flying a helicopter and landing it on your partner's head even interesting?

How's washing a statue even counted as a task?

The only interesting part of the episode was the Salami..... which lasted around 5 minutes and with like only 2 teams doing it.

This episode is probably one of the worst's in TAR history. It's pretty one sided as to who's last or who's first and worst of all, the tasks does not even do Turin, Italy justice! :gaah:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Joab,

I can't agree on the short time for Taste Your Salami DETOUR. I think it took a long time for Brendon and Rachel, although I don't have any idea about Kerri/Stacey. That was a hard DETOUR. They had to taste and memorize at the Gastronomico Salumeria and then walk somewhere that was not in the same neighborhood, then try to name, walk back to Gastronomico Salumeria and repeat that cycle a few times. I am going to guess it took more than 30 minutes, but obviously I don't know.

I do agree that cleaning a statue was a poor choice for a DETOUR because it was too easy.

The "land a mini-helicopter" challenge for the FAST FORWARD looked extremely tricky to me. Maybe the remaining David could have done it quickly (although he would have been foolish to try given the experience Art and JJ had gained on that task by that time).

Rappeling was pretty boring, except for "if you don't get the clue in 2 minutes you have to go back to the top and start over."

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Isn't David a helicopter pilot? Or at least a pilot? The hand-eye coordination would have been key in the task, and I suspect David could have completed the task fairly quickly. (Or anyone with experience flying model aircraft or model cars. It would have been the right type of skill for that task.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The "land a mini-helicopter" challenge for the FAST FORWARD looked extremely tricky to me. Maybe the remaining David could have done it quickly (although he would have been foolish to try given the experience Art and JJ had gained on that task by that time).

I think this would have been very exciting if more than one team had attempted it. There was probably a fair bit of luck involved so it could have gone either way.

Now we do not know what the clue said, but with the benefit of hindsight I say that at least Brendon & Rachel should have attempted it. It was very close so they would not have lost much time, and they had a bit of a buffer since Mark & Bopper team was 1h behind.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Isn't David a helicopter pilot? Or at least a pilot? The hand-eye coordination would have been key in the task, and I suspect David could have completed the task fairly quickly. (Or anyone with experience flying model aircraft or model cars. It would have been the right type of skill for that task.)

That's what he thought but Rachel made him settle for another "utter failure" (AKA second place to normal people) :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.