Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 5 "Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence" (Bavaria, Germany)  (Read 68156 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 5 "Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence" (Bavaria, Germany)
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
See the scheduling thread for that...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2012, 10:12:34 PM »
:welcome: to RFF everyone!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2012, 10:13:57 PM »
:welcome: to RFF everyone!!

Welcome Alenaveda and maa ! You guys just know the best place on earth!  :jam:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
NEW PROMO!!

Will do the promo some but we have a new location so rushing the caps out!

This should be arrival...note HAVE backpacks but NO Gnomes!!

And is that another Ford front and center??

Can y'all help find this?? NOT the train station at Fussen. Need to find pics for Obergammerau station? Ticket place at Castle?? No idea but finding this will tell us a LOT!!

ALso need the house behind Bopper if possible, this may be the yodelling site and they are driving by then. WP has that site upstream if we can picture match!!

Good luck!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »
Short promo up!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »
I have no comment on the buildings but I do see the 4 teams who finished at the bottom of the pack in Turin. Nary/Jamie, Brrendon/Rachel, Stacy/Kerri, and Mark/Bopper. Mark and Bopper seem to claiming a vehicle while the rest are running past. could be that vehicle takes them to the speedbump while the others are running for a clue.
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »
I have no comment on the buildings but I do see the 4 teams who finished at the bottom of the pack in Turin. Nary/Jamie, Brrendon/Rachel, Stacy/Kerri, and Mark/Bopper. Mark and Bopper seem to claiming a vehicle while the rest are running past. could be that vehicle takes them to the speedbump while the others are running for a clue.

That could mean teams driving themselves to Germany .
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »
We know from the promos that they drive themselves IN Germany...somehow I am doubting they drive TO Germany, but you never know!!

Okay, y'all have all night and a day to find THAT PLACE for us!! Poor me has to work!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2012, 12:05:01 AM »
This mass arrival does pretty much rule out self-driving to Germany. Plane or Train?

What do you guys think about the possibility that Mark/Bopper are about to board a vehicle to the Speedbump? They are the only ones claiming a vehicle. Also I mentioned earlier that at the end of Promo #2 where Bopper is yodeling, there's a brief glimpse of the shoulder of a blue jacket next to him, which I think is Mark. I think they're being driven to the Speedbump.

Clips show the other teams doing their own driving, but I think Mark and Bopper were driven to the Speedbump. Kinda negates the effect of the Speedbump since it may be in the same town as the Roadblock and one of the Detour options.

Edited to add: There also seems to be a man standing next to the vehicle. Driver?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:08:19 AM by TAR Fanatic »
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2012, 01:18:35 AM »
It might not totally rule it out (driving to Germany), if all the teams had a HOO that they had to wait for. We can assume that it sis not snowing when the teams reached the area, but it does seem to me that it hadn't been more than a day before since the roads appear recently snowplowed, and there isn't any "dirty" snow or snow slush in the caps we've seen. The weather on the route might be a factor in whether they were allowed to drive or had to take other transportation to Germany.

I can remember in some past seasons were teams took buses to or from northern Italy. (TAR 3 in Great Britain, TAR 4 in Italy, perhaps?) The main reason I think the speculation has been self-driving is because of the greater presence this season of the Ford vehicles, and this past leg, with the automatic parking system certainly suggests Ford wants to show the features of their new models in the show, and I can see the logic of showing off the GPS system in a country where the teams aren't familiar.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
I generally agree with the schnauzers above, but my logic is about minimum transit time. I believe that cars can arrive at approximately the same time after a 6 hour drive if they start at the same time, as they are required to drive at the speed limit and not above. Having the last 4 teams arriving at roughly the same time could mean that they all were released at about the same time.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
I'm getting confused, what is an HOO?

NoluckBoston

« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »
I'm getting confused, what is an HOO?
Hours Of Operation.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
HD caps from Promo 2!

I think we see how many stations were being used, that at one point B&M, R&B, and S&K were there togteher, that they must go somewhere else first to get the basket of gingerbread as we see them running withit...

Also we now have 2 caps of the confesisonal presumed pitstop, which does NOT look like the Castle to me, hope someone is looking around for this and the BEARD task??

Also se what y'all think...

I am thinking that caps 28-33 and at the end (marked) may well be Nary?? If so they were leaving in front of the 3 we see.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tach

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • So that's what happened...
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
Wrong thread to post..mybad.
Hi, I'm new here.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2012, 07:27:28 PM »
No worries!! :welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
Awesome work by whoever nailed Fussen for the roadblock!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2012, 09:48:25 AM »
Can y'all help find this?? NOT the train station at Fussen. Need to find pics for Obergammerau station? Ticket place at Castle?? No idea but finding this will tell us a LOT!!

GRRRR> I hate working TAR weekends. :groan: We coulda/shoulda had this.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2012, 09:55:54 AM »
We had a cap. The cap had the red symbol. Given a lot of us looking, we could have found this.

We had SO much this leg!! I am just greedy :lol:.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »

:groan:  how obvious, it was the Wetz-Stoa Stub'n in Unterammergau.   :lol3:  :res:

Wetz-Stoa Stub'n
Dorfplatz 1
82497 Unterammergau

as best I can pimpoint the location below

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
We had a cap. The cap had the red symbol. Given a lot of us looking, we could have found this.

We had SO much this leg!! I am just greedy :lol:.

Peach,
Greed does not become you. The intermodal transportation system, designed again to equalize almost all the teams, was totally unexpected. We thought maybe cars or maybe planes because both were quicker than trains. To have trains to Ehrwald (I never heard of it until this episode and I have been to that part of Austria) was unprecedented. World Race Productions had their rationale, but it was to slow down the lead teams, not for any other reason. It is impossible to predict when WRP are going to do that.

I guess that OBB train system logo should have told us something, but I missed it. Even so, that train station is typical of the many small village train stations throughout the Tirol.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2012, 02:48:19 PM »
:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
Can someone clarify something for me.  Were these trains the same type of passenger train/car piggyback carriage system that exists (or did) between Florida and Virginia?  I get the impression that it is, but nothing explicit. (If I missed it, I plead heat stress -- we've had an unprecedented heat wave here with six consecutive record high days in the 80s and most of those with record highest lows to boot, and they've never had this many days of 80s here this early in the year, or for this long. And it's been true all over the state and in nearby states.)

If it is, then I would suggest that those of ue who were arguing for self-drive to Germany were essentially right, since they were driving the same cars. If it wasn't, then yet, car-train-car was something no one could  have guessed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
the schnauzers,

What I remember from my most recent crossing of the Brenner Pass on a train (decades ago) was that there were trucks on low flat-bed railcar chassis. I don't remember seeing any cars handled that way, but I can't say whether that is the case today. I can say that the official Austria transportation policy for the use of the Brenner Pass by cars, trucks and rail, talks solely about "100,000 trucks" per year going on the flatbed railcars and about 12 times as much going over the pass. There is no mention of cars on railcars.